Dubai Is Now Down Selling To The Common People Of The UK

Topic locked
Dubai is now down selling to the common people of the UK Jun 04, 2009
Children up to 16 years of age can fly, stay and eat FREE at a range of hotels with reductions for a second child. This great deal even includes the school holidays!
A great family resort with a 50% on this 5* deluxe luxury Dubai beach resorts
Its cheaper then going to see Mickey in the gods land USA !!

chevaliers-de-sion
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 05, 2009
I thought Mickey had come here and was posting anti-UAE rubbish on these forums. :roll:

However I admit that I also would rather that Mr. and Mrs. High Street UK and their six snotty kids went to the USA to join the super-overweight holidaymakers stuffing their faces with turkey drumsticks and supersized Cokes in Florida.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Dubai is now down selling to the common people of the UK Jun 05, 2009
chevaliers-de-sion wrote:Children up to 16 years of age can fly, stay and eat FREE at a range of hotels with reductions for a second child. This great deal even includes the school holidays!

about time, this will help the economy loads
:wink:
Scotsman

Jun 05, 2009
lol
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

chevaliers-de-sion wrote:Children up to 16 years of age can fly, stay and eat FREE at a range of hotels with reductions for a second child. This great deal even includes the school holidays!

I'm going to go with "This guy does't live in the UAE" for $500 Bob.

dresden
Dubai chat master

dresden wrote:

I'm going to go with "This guy does't live in the UAE" for $500 Bob.

LOL :lol:
Scotsman

Jun 05, 2009
Sorry Dres, that's the wrong answer.

He's a student living in Idaho.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 05, 2009
:) So I was right. He does'nt live in the UAE.

Seems like the American RobbyG to me.
dresden
Dubai chat master

Jun 05, 2009
dresden wrote::) So I was right. He does'nt live in the UAE.

Seems like the American RobbyG to me.

Dres, I have no idea who he is. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 05, 2009
Hah. Just what we need on DF. Another non-habitant of Dubai telling us how bad the situation is.

Atleast Robby has articles to post, not random statements.
dresden
Dubai chat master

Jun 05, 2009
who we talkin aboot chaps, I most definintely resident, living in apt in PJ, so get it up ye! :wink:
Scotsman

Jun 05, 2009
Not you mate, the Original poster of this thread.
dresden
Dubai chat master

Jun 05, 2009
Scotsman wrote:who we talkin aboot chaps, I most definintely resident, living in apt in PJ, so get it up ye! :wink:

No one is referring to you Scot. Stop counting your coins and read up.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 05, 2009
ok, apologies from the para joe, I'll get me coat!!
Scotsman

Jun 07, 2009
Hang on a minute fellers!! I don't live in Dubai either, but I have visit--dubai.co.uk and I offer people commissions.....even Scotsmen....for obtaining advertising revenure for the site, selling domains etc .

Let's get real !! You fellows have gone to Dubai to earn tax-free money.
You are involved in all sorts of projects.
Now for Dubai to get a return on its investments.......including what has been paid to YOU in tax-free salaries......it must attract shopping customers and TOURISTS !

It has been failing to do that because it has been OVER-PRICED ....HOTEL-WISE and FLIGHT-WISE!!

If Dubai is going to develop Dubaiworld , it must attract families , and compete with Florida and Eurodisney .

It will not attract American families in numbers, because the USA is too far away.

Europe, India and South East Asia should be the main sources for Dubaiworld customers .

But Dubai MUST COMPETE to get them. The whole place has been unrealistically over-priced compared to other family destinations.

And you , the people who have benefitted from the Dubai boom, must realise that prices must be lowered to attract customers.

Dubai must get its money BACK , plus a healthy profit!! Otherwise why the hell attract ex-pats to work there in the first place????

Why pay ex-pats a fortune to build a ghost-town ????
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 07, 2009
I agree that Dubai is well overpriced. And if you were here you would see the crap that they sell. In my opinion, I think most of what gets passed off here as quality is in fact the rejects off the assembly line.

And now the Dubai Summer Shopping Festival is on, all the merchants pulled out the crap they could not sell, put a second price tag over the original price tag, which generally turns out to be more than the original price! And if you do buy the "real thing" any time of the year, it is way way overpriced.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 07, 2009
To be honest I have no interest whatsoever in any of that cr*p. I am here working in a real-life business. I wioud be happy as Larry if they tore down all the empty apartments and closed half of the hotels and sent home eighty percent of expats. I think there are lot of other people in Dubai that you and everyone else forgets, underneath the deluge of stories about housing markets, construction booms, Ponzi schemes, and the rest. The silent majority I reckon. There are a large number of people who have been working in or with Dubai for more than two or three years, working on things other than pie in the sky property bubbles. They aren't going anywhere, I bet. ;)

All I know is now is the time to buy a new car, prices dropping fast as I told those damn salesmen they would months ago... :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:I agree that Dubai is well overpriced. And if you were here you would see the crap that they sell. In my opinion, I think most of what gets passed off here as quality is in fact the rejects off the assembly line.

And now the Dubai Summer Shopping Festival is on, all the merchants pulled out the crap they could not sell, put a second price tag over the original price tag, which generally turns out to be more than the original price! And if you do buy the "real thing" any time of the year, it is way way overpriced.

Yep. Beware the fake goods, even in big stores, for example PS3 controllers in bubble packs indistinguishable from the real thing, only the colour of the Sony logo on the controller and really crappy reaction times on the buttons gave it away. A big electrical goods chain store took it back and thanked me for showing them they'd been sold pups by their wholesalers (but this being Dubai I'd bet they already knew...).
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 11, 2009
Speedhump wrote:To be honest I have no interest whatsoever in any of that cr*p. I am here working in a real-life business. I wioud be happy as Larry if they tore down all the empty apartments and closed half of the hotels and sent home eighty percent of expats. I think there are lot of other people in Dubai that you and everyone else forgets, underneath the deluge of stories about housing markets, construction booms, Ponzi schemes, and the rest. The silent majority I reckon. There are a large number of people who have been working in or with Dubai for more than two or three years, working on things other than pie in the sky property bubbles. They aren't going anywhere, I bet. ;)

All I know is now is the time to buy a new car, prices dropping fast as I told those damn salesmen they would months ago... :D

Right on the money
dresden
Dubai chat master

Jun 11, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:I agree that Dubai is well overpriced. And if you were here you would see the crap that they sell. In my opinion, I think most of what gets passed off here as quality is in fact the rejects off the assembly line.

Yep. Beware the fake goods, even in big stores, for example PS3 controllers in bubble packs indistinguishable from the real thing, only the colour of the Sony logo on the controller and really crappy reaction times on the buttons gave it away. A big electrical goods chain store took it back and thanked me for showing them they'd been sold pups by their wholesalers (but this being Dubai I'd bet they already knew...).

Whooa no kidding...Dude what you waiting for? Name and Shame!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 11, 2009

How was your shopping, Bora? Good? Milan is even more expensive and old-fashioned, isnt it?
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 17, 2009
This has gone off topic. Look at the title. Is Dubai going to DROP Hotel and Flight prices to attract the average UK family looking for a holiday?
They need Florida prices to bring people to Dubailand.

Too much snobbishness regarding Dubai.......whilst property is being built like mad. Not enough RICH people around to pay those fancy prices.

Dubai needs to CUT flight prices and CUT hotel prices !!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 17, 2009
RedKite wrote:This has gone off topic. Look at the title. Is Dubai going to DROP Hotel and Flight prices to attract the average UK family looking for a holiday?

Too much snobbishness regarding Dubai.......whilst property is being built like mad. Not enough RICH people around to pay those fancy prices.

Please God, no. We don't want your council house layabouts on social security and child support to be using this as their two weeks in the sun, thanks. And you'll find that the Dubai Government won't want them either, they are already seeing the lower standards of recent 'No job? Try your luck in Dubai' Brits. Call me a snob if you want, I'll just hide behind my Wedgewood china teacup at the Ritz.

Anyway, hotels have been forced to cut their prices by law, but Emirates seem to have racked up their prices astronomically for the next few weeks.

Swings and roundabouts....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
RedKite wrote:This has gone off topic. Look at the title. Is Dubai going to DROP Hotel and Flight prices to attract the average UK family looking for a holiday?

Please God, no. We don't want your council house layabouts on social security and child support to be using this as their two weeks in the sun, thanks. And you'll find that the Dubai Government won't want them either, they are already seeing the lower standards of recent 'No job? Try your luck in Dubai' Brits. Call me a snob if you want, I'll just hide behind my Wedgewood china teacup at the Ritz.

Anyway, hotels have been forced to cut their prices by law, but Emirates seem to have racked up their prices astronomically for the next few weeks.

Swings and roundabouts....

Nufin wrong wif council hosing m8
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 18, 2009
:D s'right bruv, innit....
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2009
Speedhump wrote::D s'right bruv, innit....

tru, tru no what i mean
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 18, 2009
yeh man, well cool ya nah.

Oops, I forgot that's how rudeboy talks all the time :twisted:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2009
lol
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 19, 2009
I see that Speedy's getting the hump!!

You ARE sounding snobbish. However, Dubai will NEVER come down to attracting the types you mention, Speedy, because Dubai is too far to fly, making it dearer. Spain, Portugal and the Canaries will always be favourite for those who want a cheapy holiday in the sun with a few beers .
Dubai's strictness and lack of PUB type bars in the street will put those off.
However, Dubai prices need to come down to attract middle-of-the-road families. Who ELSE is going to go to Dubailand?? Prices must come down from their current heights.
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 20, 2009
You need to live here for a while RK. You would see the taxi loads of young English lads piling out outside the clubs, obviously holiday makers (they are so easy to spot, the footballs shirts, red faces, etc) arguing with the taxi drivers about the fare and currency (I even heard it called 'dum dums', my God...), shouting at each other, etc. So you see, they are already here.......

You know, I really don't mind if I sound like a snob. It seems felt very old fashioned to defend correct behaviour nowadays. Maybe that's true in the valleys; it certainly is in most major cities of the UK. Try asking someone to take the feet off the train seat opposite them. It's always fun.... :(

I don't want it to become so here. Thanks for your input from 3500 miles away ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat