Dubai Labor Laws And The Statute Of Limitations On Labor Law

Topic locked
Dubai Labor Laws and the statute of limitations on labor law Jun 22, 2015
Hello everyone! I was wondering if there was a statute of limitations on raising a case at the labor ministry against your employer, if you've left the company for over a year?
In August 2012, i resigned from my company after working there for 5 years. They never recovered from the recession of 2008 and all employees were 6 months late receiving their salaries. When i resigned, they paid me up till owing only 3 months salaries, which they promised to pay later. Later never came. I requested many times over the past three years, but my requests were always rebuffed with financial troubles and they would get around to it eventually. Eventually never came.
So,,three years has gone by. Am i able to raise a case at the labor ministry, since so much time has gone by?

Thank you all for your time.

Ronin63
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Dubai Labor Laws And The Statute Of Limitations On Labor Sep 02, 2015
I know that company can not fire you without giving you a notice of atleast 2 months. They have to notify you before two months. If company went through recession this is another case. About this case i am not sure because they lost the business so how can they afford to keep an employee if there is no business?
kiwistech
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat