Dubai To Impose Taxes

Topic locked
Dubai to impose Taxes Apr 01, 2008
Heard from a very high level source that Dubai Govt is gonna impose taxes on salaries for people above a certain salary scale.

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Dubai to impose Taxes Apr 01, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:Heard from a very high level source that Dubai Govt is gonna impose taxes on salaries for people above a certain salary scale.

Well, I already pay taxes on my salary (lucky me!!!!!!).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Dubai to impose Taxes Apr 01, 2008
Concord wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:Heard from a very high level source that Dubai Govt is gonna impose taxes on salaries for people above a certain salary scale.

Well, I already pay taxes on my salary (lucky me!!!!!!).

Me too so far.. I thought soon I'm not gonna be.. but doesnt look like..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 01, 2008
Ah... Dubai is trying to generate incentives for people to come here, and Tax Free Income has been a long standing one. If they start imposing income tax, I can see a lot of people tailing it.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 01, 2008
Hmmmm then they're going to have to regulate the costs of everything else. I can't see people standing for that, many will leave over night as it just won't be worth staying here anymore.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 01, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Hmmmm then they're going to have to regulate the costs of everything else. I can't see people standing for that, many will leave over night as it just won't be worth staying here anymore.

Unless the tax news is posted on April 1st. :D Happy Fools day.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 01, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Hmmmm then they're going to have to regulate the costs of everything else. I can't see people standing for that, many will leave over night as it just won't be worth staying here anymore.

Really... I think you should have gone to more effort... like a fake news announcement etc. All this can be done.

I pulled a great one today which shows true application to the nature of a joke. Unfortunately I cannot share as it's a little too close to the where I work :-)
^ian^

Apr 01, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:

Really... I think you should have gone to more effort... like a fake news announcement etc. All this can be done.

I pulled a great one today which shows true application to the nature of a joke. Unfortunately I cannot share as it's a little too close to the where I work :-)

Just stepping out of work.. thought.. may b i'll not be able to post a reply later. :D
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Apr 08, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:

You should be a stand up comedian, I am still laughing a week later... :?
admog
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2008
The only mention of new taxes for Dubai on www [the most comprehensive Dubai site I have seen ] is a mention of a kind of VAT [ Value Added Tax] on purchased goods. Income tax is not mentioned. Is that web-site right?
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2008
Stop plugging your site you spamming little *****!!!!!!! Nobody is interested and it's a sh!t site!!!!
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 20, 2008
I honestly have seen mention of some sort of VAT being levied in Dubai . At the moment very few items are taxed. I suppose alcohol is the most obvious, but if a Govt is going to provide services, it must get money from some form of tax. They look to be remarkably low in Dubai, at present.
Remember, the tax year starts on April 1st.........and that's NO joke!!

I wanted info on competitive gold prices,so I put in "Dubai gold souk" into Google UK . It was www that I found at the top. Where are the web-sites of Gold Souk shops? I've seen some for other jewellery shops.
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2008
XPclone,
Don't be so rude! I am not plugging anything. I wanted info on Dubai gold souk, so I put that term into Google UK and found that site at the top. Good grief! Are you all that rude?
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2008
I will continue to be rude for as long as you continue to plug that site. Every post you make contains the URL. Stop it. Simple as that.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 20, 2008
XP clone,
I was not plugging visit-dubai.co.uk , I was mentioning it as part of the postings,because it was the first site I found. Why don't you tell all your mates ,or whoever they are, that are on this forum that they are "plugging" sites ? I notice there are plenty of web-sites mentioned on here. Have THEY been deleted? of course not!! Nobody wants to upset Arab rulers!
Who do you think you are to tell anyone to "stop it" ?
You've got a cheek!
Is your real name Herr Goebbels by any chance? .
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 20, 2008
Just dont engage him anymore XPclone, its useless.....
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 20, 2008
Agreed - I am done with him. What an oddball???
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 20, 2008
no guys noooooooooooooo

please respond to him and search on UK google "gold souk" to make sure your facts are correct

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 21, 2008
Arniegang et al,
This is amazing ! This is MEANT to be an international forum on the WORLD-WIDE web, yet you are behaving like a petulant extremely rude clique on here ,as if it were a PRIVATE club for you and your mates!
Talk about one-eyed bias. It is incredible !
XPclone...Who the hell do you think you're calling an oddball? You are the most uncouth,ignorant person I have ever come across on the internet. Do you use the internet to vent your frustrations on strangers , because you have to bite your tongue amongst your Arab bosses?
Actually , I had seen two sister sites earlier , when I entered "dubai gold souk" and "visit dubai" into Google.
"dubai gold souk" search brought up visit-uae.co.uk in 30th position on Google.com, but 4th on Google UK.
Then a simple "gold souk" search showed visit-uae.co.uk very high on Google UK.
Then ,searching "visit dubai" found visit-dubai.co.uk at 3rd on Google UK and 4th on Google.com.
I got mixed up as to where I saw "dubai gold souk",but the reason is simple. visit-dubai.co.uk and visit-uae.co.uk are twin linked sites, with similar sub-sites.
So ,arniegang, you will find "gold souk" and "dubai gold souk" very high on visit-uae.co.uk , but you WON'T find many web-sites of the shops WITHIN the gold souk. They don't seem to be into the internet, probably because they are used to people haggling face-to-face for their goods, instead of selling something at a fixed price on the internet.. However, they could , at least SHOWCASE their jewellery on a web-site ,like all the other jewellery shops world-wide that use the internet.
To be without a web-site is to be completely behind the times.
By the way, XP clone, the guy you are calling an odd-ball happens to be a millionaire running three businesses! The freelance newspaper writing is a part-time exercise.
I had a 4 page article in the Mail on Sunday a few years ago,for which I was paid £9000 [taxed of course,like in all normal countries]
I feel a good article coming on, with my experience on here!!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 21, 2008
My bosses are not arabs and in business I speak my mind and do not have to hold my tongue. I think you need to educate yourself about the UAE. You clearly know nothing about it.

I have nothing but respect for the local UAE people. They are fantastic people and very interesting.

I don't care how much money you have and how many business. Are we supposed to be impressed??? Do you know how many millionaires there are in the UAE? You can call me all the names you like. I really don't care.

I came here to earn more money and work in another country for the experience. The fact that I don't pay tax is a bonus. I continue to make contributions to my UK NI payments.

You keep bleating on about us not paying tax???? Build a bridge and get over it!!!

As for your article, I look forward to reading it.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 21, 2008
traveller wrote:Arniegang et al,
This is amazing ! This is MEANT to be an international forum on the WORLD-WIDE web, yet you are behaving like a petulant extremely rude clique on here ,as if it were a PRIVATE club for you and your mates!
Talk about one-eyed bias. It is incredible !
XPclone...Who the hell do you think you're calling an oddball? You are the most uncouth,ignorant person I have ever come across on the internet. Do you use the internet to vent your frustrations on strangers , because you have to bite your tongue amongst your Arab bosses?
Actually , I had seen two sister sites earlier , when I entered "dubai gold souk" and "visit dubai" into Google.
"dubai gold souk" search brought up visit-uae.co.uk in 30th position on Google.com, but 4th on Google UK.
Then a simple "gold souk" search showed visit-uae.co.uk very high on Google UK.
Then ,searching "visit dubai" found visit-dubai.co.uk at 3rd on Google UK and 4th on Google.com.
I got mixed up as to where I saw "dubai gold souk",but the reason is simple. visit-dubai.co.uk and visit-uae.co.uk are twin linked sites, with similar sub-sites.
So ,arniegang, you will find "gold souk" and "dubai gold souk" very high on visit-uae.co.uk , but you WON'T find many web-sites of the shops WITHIN the gold souk. They don't seem to be into the internet, probably because they are used to people haggling face-to-face for their goods, instead of selling something at a fixed price on the internet.. However, they could , at least SHOWCASE their jewellery on a web-site ,like all the other jewellery shops world-wide that use the internet.
To be without a web-site is to be completely behind the times.
By the way, XP clone, the guy you are calling an odd-ball happens to be a millionaire running three businesses! The freelance newspaper writing is a part-time exercise.
I had a 4 page article in the Mail on Sunday a few years ago,for which I was paid £9000 [taxed of course,like in all normal countries]
I feel a good article coming on, with my experience on here!!

Gold Souk - bong

congrats you hit the 100 times marker so you win a prize

:lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 21, 2008
XP clone,
You need a reality check !! It was YOU who started with the VILE insults.
How could I have started anything? I had not even heard of you or any other insulting BIGOT on here!!
You are backing down now, because you are afraid that something will get back to your Arab superiors. Your DIRECT bosses may not be Arabs.........but don't worry......your BOSSES are answerable to them!!
They will cut you out from the UAE with no explanation if you do anything to upset them! They won't even tell you to your FACE!!
You are a menace to the tourism industry of Dubai.
A whole string of British newspapers are going to be told about this forum and the insulting remarks on it. Who the hell do you guys think you're talking to? It is easy to send ONE letter to 50 British newspapers. It takes 15 minutes to copy to several.
There will also be letters sent to the Dubaitourism.ae people and to the Dubai World Trade Centre , with which I have had some dealings.
I know officials in the Nakheel Offices ; Emaar and Jumeirah Holdings, as a matter of fact. I have been to their offices.They are all trying to sell properties to the British.
You do not have a CLUE who I am!!!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 21, 2008
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

he's had dealings with the Trade Centre

he knows people in Emaar Nakheel and........................Jumeria Holdings

wait............... i think he means Dubai holdings :P

run away and hide people quickly or we are all in trouble

NOT

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Apr 22, 2008
Then stop hiding you little weasel and identify yourself. You're making such a big deal about who you are, how rich you are, who you know, how many businesses you own. Stop hiding - no point in making these statements and not amazing us.

Trust me I am not backing down - I will argue the toss with you for as long as you want and continue to spam the forum.

As for telling all these people and companies - go ahead. :roll:
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 22, 2008
Arniegang,
No Jumeirah Holdings. I've been in their offices in the twin towers, or dual towers, in Sheikh Zayed Road, for your information. You cannot even spell Jumeirah. Don't tell me it can also be spelt Jumeira, because that is not even what you have written.

If you want to check it out, put " visit jumeirah" into Google.
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 22, 2008
Xp clone,
Why should I tell you everything about myself in detail? I came onto Dubaiforums to make enquiries about web-sites etc and was met by a barrage of GROSS ABUSE from you which soon turned into Anti-Welsh racism from your mates.
If you think you have heard the end of it, you are mightily mistaken.
By the way , I said "millionaire". I did not claim to have multi-millionaire status as you imply, unless "multi" is between 3 and 5. I work far longer hours than you in my businesses.
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 22, 2008
You are such a child... run along now.
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 22, 2008
traveller wrote:Arniegang,
No Jumeirah Holdings. I've been in their offices in the twin towers, or dual towers, in Sheikh Zayed Road, for your information. You cannot even spell Jumeirah. Don't tell me it can also be spelt Jumeira, because that is not even what you have written.

If you want to check it out, put " visit jumeirah" into Google.

I think you mean "the Emirates Towers"

:P :P :P :P
arniegang

Apr 22, 2008
Racist Arnie and his gang,
Yes, obviously.
The buildings are , in fact, called Jumeirah Emirates Towers,or dual towers , or twin towers on Sheikh Zayed Road ,near the Dubai World Trade Centre.
They have 45 degree sloping roofs, and there is a Vue Bar [ view bar] at the top of one of them, where we had a couple of drinks. Do want more proof,we've been there? The Jumeirah Offices are down an escalator, next to a shopping mall.

As for Dubai E-Government , a Provisioning officer is Nasser Al Haj. I have his card in front of me.
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Apr 22, 2008
XP clone,
Such a child? That's RICH coming from you!
You started this by calling a complete stranger WHO HAD SAID NOTHING TO YOU..........A RETARD!!

And you call ME a "child"??!! Amazing!!
You are just an immature gutless coward who won't say those things out in the open. You lash out when you see things you don't like!
THAT is CHILDISHNESS!!
traveller
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat