Dubai - Europe Driving?

Topic locked
Dubai - Europe driving? Sep 30, 2005
If I decide to buy a car that I like - I am thinking to drive it back home in europe - do you think is feasible?
Thinking of Dubai - KSA - Jordan - Syria - Turkey - Bulgaria - aso

Do you know anyone who make it?

I think about it as jurney - seeing Petra, Anatolia - relaxing 2-3 days in a beach resort in Turkey -total 10-12 days

Robert

RobertS
Dubai Forum User

Oct 01, 2005
This was possible in the "old days" but now Saudi is a massive problem, espcially if you have women in your family. You may have to ferry the car to Iran and go round that way.

It sounds a fabulous plan if you can arrange it. Jordan is absolutely glorious, especially Petra.
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 02, 2005
secretdubai wrote: ... but now Saudi is a massive problem, espcially if you have women in your family....

What do you mean by massive problem? The visa? or the travel conditions?
I am not planning to involve women in this...
Robert
RobertS
Dubai Forum User

Oct 03, 2005
I dont think its a "massive problem" ...

contact the Automobile club

http://www.iatcuae.com/html/

they will help you with trip tickets and paperwork blah blah ..

have fun .. this will be a fun road trip for sure ;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 03, 2005
Robert;

Depending on your 'country of origin', the length of time that you've been abroad, your diplomatic status, your domiciled tax status and other matters 'driving a cheap car home' _might_ not be the best idea since Paris and Paris announced they were breaking off their engagement.

You might find that once you get the car to its *final* destination, if you intend to keep it there permanently (ie. import it) you will have to pay import taxes.

These vary from country to country, but the amount of tax you'll be liable to pay might be more than you would imagine.

Before setting off on your journey do check this out - otherwise there might be an abandoned-in-customs car in six months time :(

Just a 'heads-up'

- Stuart
Stuart
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat