Dubai Economic Plan 2015 Being Revised

Topic locked
Dubai economic plan 2015 being revised Mar 16, 2009
Its about time. Actually its very refreshing to see the government is starting to admit the problem. In my opinion, Dubai will have a lot more respect if they stood up and tell people how it is. Its not a Dubai problem its a global phenomenon. Lies and ridiculous statements coming from high ranking offcials only turn people off more.

http://www.thenational.ae/article/20090 ... 26471/1005

K-Dog
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Dubai economic plan 2015 being revised Mar 16, 2009
K-Dog wrote:Its about time. Actually its very refreshing to see the government is starting to admit the problem. In my opinion, Dubai will have a lot more respect if they stood up and tell people how it is. Its not a Dubai problem its a global phenomenon. Lies and ridiculous statements coming from high ranking offcials only turn people off more.

who turned them ON in the first place :lol:

but as I recall ppl here did not lie but they said they'll handle it, but ppl like you who is afraid of loosing his job want a solution to the problem in one day. And I believe those ppl statements were in place not for hiding the truth but to managing the crisis .in a come suitable environment ,you know things you don't know nothing about k-dog
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Dubai economic plan 2015 being revised Mar 16, 2009
uaekid wrote:
K-Dog wrote:Its about time. Actually its very refreshing to see the government is starting to admit the problem. In my opinion, Dubai will have a lot more respect if they stood up and tell people how it is. Its not a Dubai problem its a global phenomenon. Lies and ridiculous statements coming from high ranking offcials only turn people off more.

who turned them ON in the first place :lol:

but as I recall ppl here did not lie but they said they'll handle it, but ppl like you who is afraid of loosing his job want a solution to the problem in one day. And I believe those ppl statements were in place not for hiding the truth but to managing the crisis .in a come suitable environment ,you know things you don't know nothing about k-dog

Oh come on kid, who are you trying to fool.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 16, 2009
all am saying is " would you as a manger of any kind create more panic in your work place in a crisis time or reduce it by any means ?"
uaekid

Mar 16, 2009
uaekid wrote:all am saying is " would you as a manger of any kind create more panic in your work place in a crisis time or reduce it by any means ?"

Reduice it by means.

But some of Dubai's actions are: "to deny the problem exists at all,"
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 16, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:
uaekid wrote:all am saying is " would you as a manger of any kind create more panic in your work place in a crisis time or reduce it by any means ?"

Reduice it by means.

like ?
uaekid

Mar 16, 2009
uaekid wrote:
BlackburnRovers wrote:

Reduice it by means.

like ?

Read the English Language Newspapers for some of the quotes.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 16, 2009
In the investment world, perception in way more important than reality!
Ask any country that!
After the Dubai government has invested billions in building a world class city over decades, y one fine day u expect them to turn around and say , All is gone?
Lots of investors will appreciate it more if the government takes its time, assess the situation and moves fowards. But cynics would like the govt. to throw its hand in the air from day 1 and cry all is gone!
Controlling perceptions in times of crisis, is of the utmost importance!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 16, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:In the investment world, perception in way more important than reality!
Ask any country that!
After the Dubai government has invested billions in building a world class city over decades, y one fine day u expect them to turn around and say , All is gone?
Lots of investors will appreciate it more if the government takes its time, assess the situation and moves fowards. But cynics would like the govt. to throw its hand in the air from day 1 and cry all is gone!
Controlling perceptions in times of crisis, is of the utmost importance!
We all now that it's not all gone, however to deny that a problem simply does not exist when we are surrounded by it does not make a lot of sense.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Mar 16, 2009
sage who did or how many such statements came out ? I can't recall anyone here that is completely denying the effect, there could be but I can't recall any, do you ? or are you just going along with what you read in DF ? I know you are better than that sage..
uaekid

Mar 16, 2009
uaekid wrote:sage who did or how many such statements came out ? I can't recall anyone here that is completely denying the effect, there could be but I can't recall any, do you ? or are you just going along with what you read in DF ? I know you are better than that sage..

You have to read quotes in The National, Gulf News etc., plenty of them being made.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat