Dubai Desert Classic

Topic locked
Dubai Desert Classic Feb 03, 2008
Anyone go?

I went yesterday and it was well worth the price of admission - About 180Dhs. Quite strange think that there is such a big golf event on and so few people in attendance. If it were played aywhere else in the world there'd be 5 times the crowd, and the tickets would cost 3 times as much.

Ernie Els made the big move of the day scoring a seven under 65 to lead by 2. Ernie quietly chipped away for the round of the day whilst everyone was following Tiger Woods.

We spent the last hour in the stand over the 18th green watching the field come home. It must be the b@stard in me, but gee I enjoy watching professional golfers three-putt and drop their shots in the lake. Makes me feel that my game isn't so bad after all.

craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 03, 2008
It was my first time watching a professional golf tournament and I must say, its a great experience. I am not the most clued up person on golf and have no idea who most the players are so I watched it mainly for the entertainment value.

Also spent time at the grand stand at 18th hole and watch all the players come in. Particularly enjoyed watching a golf ball nearly hitting the corporate box and landed in the grass to the side. The guy who had to remove the advertising board and managed to chip onto the green was particularly impressive as well. Ofcourse, Wood's impressive water shot was the highlight of the day too.

Only complaint I have was the freezing weather...
abarawakijess
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat