Dubai Beach Sex Couple

Topic locked
Dubai beach sex couple Nov 25, 2008
Today's news: Dubai beach sex couple's prison term suspended!

Gulf News: Dubai: "...............A higher court in Dubai on Tuesday suspended a three-month jail term for the British couple found guilty of having sex in public.

The Appeal's Court, however, upheld the Dh1,000 fine and deportation verdict of the lower court, but suspended the prison term..............."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's it - Just a dhs 1000 fine and deportation. To say that they got away lightly is just an exaggeration.

So what is Dubai trying to say - that such sort of behaviour is tolerable? 1000 fine is nothing!!! Especially for british expats.

If they were Asians, nothing less than 10-15 years jail term probably. Oh but then again, most asians would not stoop to such low degrading levels of frolicking drunk on the beach - unlike the westerners!

michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 25, 2008
Yep much less degrading to stand and stare or pretend to taks photos of their mates,whilst making those evil western female tourists feel so at ease,but that aside you are correct you would not see asian males messing about with asian females as they seem to derive much more pleasure by standing waste deep in the sea whilst frolicking with them selves
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 25, 2008
Well I think they just want shot of them to be honest. The case has had so much global publicity, I think they probably just want it over and done with.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 25, 2008
Wow, only 1000dhs fine.

I've got about 2000 in my wallet right now, anyone up for some loving on the beach? My shout.

--

I think Chocoholic is right. This was very bad for Dubai's reputation. Even if the government is happy to have these kinds of laws they hardly want them splashed over the front pages worldwide. Bad for tourism.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Nov 25, 2008
I expected this to be honest im not surprised at all.

Dubai makes its money of tourism, and if something like this went to an 'extreme' from the westener point of view it would affect tourism no doubt.

At least they deported them.
Waqsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 25, 2008
well - the reason I was surprised was because this place portrayed itself as an area of "high" morals. You'll find that most tourist websites and tourist agencies abroad warn against public display of affection, dressing improperly, etc. in the uae. this conservative attitude is typical of all mid-eastern countries.

At first there was a big hue and cry of the case, and now they are let off so easily makes it look like the authorities backed out.

As you'll say it is to protect the international image of dubai. Fine agreed - but then with this case its like saying "We have our own cultural values and we are ready to let foreigners (read westerners) come in and violate them. - just for the tourist money.......
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 25, 2008
Didn't they do any time while the case was being processed?
FTD
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 25, 2008
oh let them be, poor those love birds, it is enough they got Humilated all over the world..
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 25, 2008
i was surprised when they got jail term. the kind of racism and slavery i have seen in dubai told me that they can easily get away with it.

regarding humiliation: they r not humiliated in their own eyes as well as from western view. it's normal in western world and i was expecting someone from west coming up with human rights violation thing. it would have happened if they continue with jail term. whatever the point is they never got humiliated.

they just made fun of islamic values and got away with it. as usual this part of the world will just look with an expression "what can we do ?!!!!"
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 26, 2008
Waqsy wrote:I expected this to be honest im not surprised at all.

Dubai makes its money of tourism, and if something like this went to an 'extreme' from the westener point of view it would affect tourism no doubt.

At least they deported them.

Didn't they arrest and imprison someone a while back for importing opiates? --- they found a couple of poppy seeds off a bun he'd bought and eaten at Gatwick :) That seems pretty extreme to me.
nachovx
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 26, 2008
uaekid wrote:oh let them be, poor those love birds, it is enough they got Humilated all over the world..

Most British people wouldn't be humiliated by such behaviour, they are proud of it :) All they'll be thinking of now is which agent they can hook up with to get them on TV shows and exclusive interviews in newspapers, in order to capitalise on their blessing from heaven. The Dubai authorities have done them a financial favour, they'll earn out of this.
nachovx
Dubai Forums Member

Dubai beach love couple Nov 26, 2008
THAT S TRUE, it s not fair, becaue they are British only 1000 dhs, its nothing, i don t know why Dubai is making disrimination between people and especially racine, the thing they don t understand is that english people come to dubai to have fun, and they give them unbelievable salary with the best houses, and the best cars, treating them like king.... but the poor asian who works night and day, and hard to make the city as paradise... are getting the lowest salary, living in the worst places, do you think 1000 dhs is a salary in dubai??? if we are talking about developpement and providing best service.... they suppose to have a minimum salary that can offer to person to have good life, as in europe, or they just want to use emploees for some years and then send them back to their country , shame on UAE, i was for vacation there one month, it helps me to discover the reality of life, that what i suggest everyone, not going for vacation only 1 week and stay at hotel, may god bless the richest country, that has the tallest and the biggest, and the most amazing...

Gulf News: Dubai: "...............A higher court in Dubai on Tuesday suspended a three-month jail term for the British couple found guilty of having love in public.

The Appeal's Court, however, upheld the Dh1,000 fine and deportation verdict of the lower court, but suspended the prison term..............."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So that's it - Just a dhs 1000 fine and deportation. To say that they got away lightly is just an exaggeration.

So what is Dubai trying to say - that such sort of behaviour is tolerable? 1000 fine is nothing!!! Especially for british expats.

If they were Asians, nothing less than 10-15 years jail term probably. Oh but then again, most asians would not stoop to such low degrading levels of frolicking drunk on the beach - unlike the westerners![/quote]
jonas2010
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Nov 26, 2008
I guess you are right ,but in the other hand I believe it is a mutual !! never heard of UAE citizen being jailed in the States or UK or any other country in this matter.

Although I strongly agree with nachovx, I think they just want to make an example out of them which I'm sure from now on anyone will think twice before doing such a thing.

My friends got caught in his car with a girl by the police and all the tolled him was get a room .

Maybe they deserved being jailed for a longer time or hanged for all I care. Everyone looks at it from a diff perspective.
uaekid

Nov 26, 2008
uaekid wrote:I guess you are right ,but in the other hand I believe it is a mutual !! never heard of UAE citizen being jailed in the States or UK or any other country in this matter.

Although I strongly agree with nachovx, I think they just want to make an example out of them which I'm sure from now on anyone will think twice before doing such a thing.

My friends got caught in his car with a girl by the police and all the tolled him was get a room .

Maybe they deserved being jailed for a longer time or hanged for all I care. Everyone looks at it from a diff perspective.
c'mooooooooon... do u really think a arab/asian citizen in western world would do something with the degree of what British couple did ?! another fact is the ratio of arab/asian citizens in west is very low compared to the ratio of western citizens here.

revelation about your friend confirms that this kind of act is normal in uae.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 26, 2008
uaekid wrote:I guess you are right ,but in the other hand I believe it is a mutual !! never heard of UAE citizen being jailed in the States or UK or any other country in this matter.

Problem is when asians are jailed in the west, it does not make front page news. Butwhen westerners are arrested in the east - its big headlines.

Anyway, anyone remember the michael fay case that made world headlines many years ago? the kid who got arrested in singapore for vandalism? remember the pressure american authorities ( even the US president) put on singapore to let him go? well, they finally reduced the sentence.

So it is a well known fact that western officials through their embassies definitely put pressure on local authorities to let their citizens off lightly - no matter what crime they commit.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 26, 2008
Its true the couple have used this as a 'cause celebre' to raise their personal profiles and are dining out on the media attention, however it is short lived and they have had their 15 minutes of fame. All they will be left with is the shame.

Part of the problem here is that Dubai has a high level of tolerance as it is necessary to make western tourists want to come here and feel comfortable. Unfortunately some are blinded by the lights and forget where they are. Many years ago, Spain had very restrictive laws under the rule of General Franco, but thousands of British tourists flocked to the beaches and then wondered why they were arrested for wearing swimming costumes in the streets.

It is down to education. People should be aware of the local cultural situation. Similarly, a muslim would be arrested in the UK for sacrificing a sheep in the street as it is against our moral codes. It is a 2 way street.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 26, 2008
michaeldubai wrote:

Problem is when asians are jailed in the west, it does not make front page news. Butwhen westerners are arrested in the east - its big headlines.

Anyway, anyone remember the michael fay case that made world headlines many years ago? the kid who got arrested in singapore for vandalism? remember the pressure american authorities ( even the US president) put on singapore to let him go? well, they finally reduced the sentence.

So it is a well known fact that western officials through their embassies definitely put pressure on local authorities to let their citizens off lightly - no matter what crime they commit.
this is what exactly happened. the fame being mentioned here came accidentally. shame ?!!!! i wonder whether they would ever feel it for what they did.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 26, 2008
Dont blame the players,blame the game. If its wrong for western goverments to pressure other goverments or the tourist $ to rule look at your own goverments for doing jack to help there own citizens,but look on the bright side india has planted a flag on the moon, Err Yippee
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 26, 2008
This punishment is not sufficient. Should be one year behind the bars atleast plus AED 10000/- fine for both.
tomjerry0506
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 26, 2008
Aw, come on guys why so harsh, they are in love you see...

Dubai beach sex couple pledged written marriage proposal
A British couple allegedly caught indulging in sexual activity on the beach - and later got a three-month suspended jail term - had submitted a written undertaking that they'll get married pending church approval from London.

Hahahah. Clearly a load of crap (they met that day didn't they) but I'd do the same thing to get out of jail time.

Reminds me of that Aussie model chick caught in Bali with Ecstasy pills. At the trial she started wearing a headscarf and told everyone she had converted to Islam.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Nov 26, 2008
Ok, first off can we stop the rubbish comments that all westerners earn more, get better housing, treated better etc etc because it's certainly always not the case.

Secondly - it was proved medically, that Vince and Michelle did NOT have s.e.x! Therefore they were charge with with indencent PDA and being drunk.

They have totally been humiliated! Both have lost their jobs and practically all their money. Sure Vince jumped on the bandwagon and used it to up his profile, but he's glad it's over and is pleased to be going home and he realised what a mistake he made.

FYI, I've met the guy, one of my mates talks to him every day. So don't talk rubbish about what you only hear from the press.

End of.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 26, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Ok, first off can we stop the rubbish comments that all westerners earn more, get better housing, treated better etc etc because it's certainly always not the case.

Secondly - it was proved medically, that Vince and Michelle did NOT have s.e.x! Therefore they were charge with with indencent PDA and being drunk.

They have totally been humiliated! Both have lost their jobs and practically all their money. Sure Vince jumped on the bandwagon and used it to up his profile, but he's glad it's over and is pleased to be going home and he realised what a mistake he made.

FYI, I've met the guy, one of my mates talks to him every day. So don't talk rubbish about what you only hear from the press.

End of.

The medical exam proved they had no s.e.x???

OK Chocs,..let's get a bit technical!

Not having intercourse, does not mean not having s.e.x. I know President coined this definition of s.e.x when he said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman (Monica Lewinsky) -- meaning no intercourse.

To me, if the beach couple were caught naked, or partially naked, in a sexually intimate position (even if there was no penetration), or the guy was getting a BJ, that's definitely still s.e.x.

I remember that the police report said they were engaging in a "sexual activity" at the time of their arrest. It also said that they were warned to stop at first, but they ignored the warning and continued on, and later they insulted the policeman and tried to hit him…etc!

Perhaps that wasn't all true, but I'm sure their attitude and the booze made matters worse!

Back to the medical exam that you mentioned. I presume that was made to check for the presence of semen. If so, it only proved that there was no ejaculation, and that obviously would not preclude the occurrence of other sexual activities, including no ejaculatory intercourse itself.

Yeah..yeah.. I know all about all the so-called "pre-ejaculate" which contains no semen, but I'm not sure if that's detectable in the test.

Anyway, whatever happened, …I'm glad this case got such a wide publicity. Hopefully, it will serve as a warning to the others who might decide to get it on in public areas!!!!

:roll: :roll:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 26, 2008
Captain Australia wrote:Even if the government is happy to have these kinds of laws they hardly want them splashed over the front pages worldwide. Bad for tourism.

What kind of laws? I think it's quite reasonable to have laws that forbid having sex on the beach (or behaving indecently) in public in broad daylight, and abusing cops who politely suggest you go elsewhere for your horizontal entertainment.
bonk

Nov 26, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:It is down to education. People should be aware of the local cultural situation.

That's so patronising to the UAE. It is culturally unacceptable to behave as they were reported to have done, in every country I've ever been to. People should be aware of what is common sense.

Dubai Knight wrote:Similarly, a muslim would be arrested in the UK for sacrificing a sheep in the street as it is against our moral codes.

So non-Muslims wouldn't be arrested for sacrificing sheep in the street in the UK :D ?
bonk

Nov 27, 2008
very good
sananjana
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 27, 2008
Who cares. It's all over and done with now.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 27, 2008
bonk wrote:What kind of laws? I think it's quite reasonable to have laws that forbid having sex on the beach (or behaving indecently) in public in broad daylight, and abusing cops who politely suggest you go elsewhere for your horizontal entertainment.

OK, far enough about the having sex in public charge, but I'm more talking about the other laws that are almost never used but are available to the cops should you ever get in trouble. Like that they were charged with Consuming Alcohol (the entire fine is for that charge) and initially charged with sex outside of marriage.

My point is that the UAE has lots of laws like sex outside of marriage, consuming alcohol, non-married couples living together etc that the government would probably not like to highlight to the world because it would affect tourism.

AND, I'd just like to point out that yes you would get in trouble for getting it on in a public area in the West, but there is no way in hell you would get jail time for it.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Nov 27, 2008
bonk wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:It is down to education. People should be aware of the local cultural situation.

That's so patronising to the UAE. It is culturally unacceptable to behave as they were reported to have done, in every country I've ever been to. People should be aware of what is common sense.

Dubai Knight wrote:Similarly, a muslim would be arrested in the UK for sacrificing a sheep in the street as it is against our moral codes.

So non-Muslims wouldn't be arrested for sacrificing sheep in the street in the UK :D ?

I am referring to western expats being educated about the moral codes of this country before they arrive, and yes a non muslim would be arrested for sacrificing a sheep in the road as it is against the law of the land. They apply to everyone, same as the laws regarding pre-marital s.e.x and alcohol should here.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 27, 2008
These people were pretty tame anyway. Now THIS is public indecency.

:shock:

BTW: $600 fine. Wonder what he would get over here? :violent1:
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Nov 27, 2008
edited
bonk

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat