Dubai 8 Ball Rules

Topic locked
Dubai 8 Ball Rules Jun 10, 2006
After Wafaey's party the other night, we went to Casbah and played 8 ball against some locals. Well... the rules here are totally confusing.

Can someone confirm the rules for me?

2 on every foul - 1 on the black.
Cannot accumulate shots, i.e. 2 is 2, regardless if you sink a ball.
Need to sink 8 in same pocket as last ball.
Miss the 8 three times and you lose.

Weirdest rules ever.

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 10, 2006
ian
the first 3 rules are correct...as in thats the way they play it here...the last rule...hmmm not sure about that...
sorry 2 on foul yes...one on black...you mean if you sink the black???(as far as i remember you lose!!)
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 10, 2006
constantine wrote:ian
the first 3 rules are correct...as in thats the way they play it here...the last rule...hmmm not sure about that...
sorry 2 on foul yes...one on black...you mean if you sink the black???(as far as i remember you lose!!)

I always stick to 9-ball pool. The rules of 8 ball seem to differ not only country to country, but person to person. Nobody seems to know any difinitive rules. The times I've lost when I thought I'd actaully won, due to some technicality!
Grrrr :evil: :evil:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 10, 2006
ya i have played with all the first 3 rules, but its a first for the last. People really make up rules everytime you play with a new group you will see differnet rules, same applies to cards too.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Dubai 8 Ball Rules Jun 12, 2006
^ian^ wrote:2 on every foul - 1 on the black.
Cannot accumulate shots, i.e. 2 is 2, regardless if you sink a ball.
Need to sink 8 in same pocket as last ball.
Miss the 8 three times and you lose.

Weirdest rules ever.

I remember the first time I played pool here and yup they are the same rules, i agree very different then the ones back home especially the last.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

8 Ball Jun 14, 2006
Played in the league here for a few years and you are right these are the local rules and can be confusing to start with but you soon get used to them.

Mike
spartans53
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat