If Dubai Is Bad, Why Come To Dubai, Shk Mohammed Asks!!!

Topic locked
Apr 22, 2009
Red Chief wrote:It was only about generalization about things you don't have enough experience with.
So don't be upset if somebody thinks the same about your nation in some business fields.
As for crude industry I've never said that Brits are retards, they are most likely sharks :evil:

I only asked you to explain. Maybe Dubai attracts a worse skillset in cargo industry, does someone have to possess any skills or knowledge at all to do that work? I have no idea. There are a lot of 'unskilled' real estate agents here also, is it the same phenomenon?

What does islander mentality mean; savage, uneducated? Unfortunately a lot more uneducated Brits seem to be appearing here over the past couple of years, just coming here to try their luck at anything that comes up.

I'm interested to hear what you mean, you need to explain.

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 22, 2009
I was talking only about ppl. from British cargo industry (in The UK).

"The islander's mentality" means only that it's rather difficult for Continental ppl. to reach understanding with islanders in cargo industry. I had similar experience as well - simple operations took much more time than in Continental Europe.

It's a stereotype of cause.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Apr 22, 2009
OK. I guess you are talking about cargo brokers. I have come across some in UK while shipping my personal effects here and they can have a very 'small town' attitude.

Like a lot of people who never worked outside their own small area, they get very blinkered.

In other industries Brits work very well with Europeans, Asians, etc !
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat