Dubai, And It`s Draconian Law

Topic locked
Jun 05, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Scotsman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:There was some talk several years ago about establishing a credit agency. That would have been helpful because the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing when it comes to credit cards and loans.

To a degree those in HR who issued letters confirming salary statements handed them out with no regard to the trouble the employee would end up with so much outstanding debt.

When I had an employee ask for a salary confirmation letter to a bank and then came back claiming that the loan was denied, I asked for the original letter back. Oops, didn't have it. Oops, sorry no second letter.

I can remember the days when bank reps went to your office to help you with the paperwork for loans and credit cards. Gave them out left, right and center.

showing you age Bora, all this online now :wink:

It's no secret I'm not 12. Hope that doesn't disappoint you hon.

In cat years, that makes you old enough! Prefer turtle / tortoise myself

Scotsman

Jun 05, 2009
Scotsman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Scotsman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:There was some talk several years ago about establishing a credit agency. That would have been helpful because the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing when it comes to credit cards and loans.

To a degree those in HR who issued letters confirming salary statements handed them out with no regard to the trouble the employee would end up with so much outstanding debt.

When I had an employee ask for a salary confirmation letter to a bank and then came back claiming that the loan was denied, I asked for the original letter back. Oops, didn't have it. Oops, sorry no second letter.

I can remember the days when bank reps went to your office to help you with the paperwork for loans and credit cards. Gave them out left, right and center.

So you're a little on the slow side I take it.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 05, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Scotsman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Scotsman wrote:

correct! special needs :roll:

need to slow down if anything
Scotsman

Jun 05, 2009
Scotsman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Scotsman wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Scotsman wrote:

correct! special needs :roll:

need to slow down if anything

Hum. Can't follow directions??
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 05, 2009
nope, always north :D
Scotsman

Jun 05, 2009
Scotsman wrote:nope, always north :D

LOL :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 05, 2009
Wow a magnetised Scot! :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009

Yea I heard bout that too. It's a private company I believe, is it called Emcredit?
They should've been operational by now!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:

Yea I heard bout that too. It's a private company I believe, is it called Emcredit?
They should've been operational by now!

Actually it was supposed to have been set up by the government. HA HA HA!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 11, 2009
A credit system in a corrupt country.

Why yes... that will work
dresden
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat