Drugged Up

Topic locked
drugged up May 10, 2006
feeling soo sleepy, took day quell when i woke up, now it is just impossible to work, i feel like i am high, lol, making me so sleepy, i thought coz that was day quell i should not be sleepy.
Never had any cold medicine that would not make me drowsy. Is there any? Not pain killers.

IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 10, 2006
Do you still maintain you get your work done?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 10, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Do you still maintain you get your work done?

not much going on today, but whatever i need to complete at work i am managing to complete, i am kinda out of that drowsiness, my friend found out JLo was not coming (i wanted to go to her performance), so, there is something else that i might go see tonight, which is even better than JLo concert, i think
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 10, 2006
IMJ wrote:

not much going on today, but whatever i need to complete at work i am managing to complete, i am kinda out of that drowsiness, my friend found out JLo was not coming (i wanted to go to her performance), so, there is something else that i might go see tonight, which is even better than JLo concert, i think

WHATS NICER THAN J LO'S CONCERT :shock:
kilani
Dubai Forums Member

May 10, 2006
kilani wrote:
IMJ wrote:

WHATS NICER THAN J LO'S CONCERT :shock:

i like JLo, but there are a lot of things that might be better than her concert, man, i hope we will get tickets.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 10, 2006
IMJ wrote:i like JLo, but there are a lot of things that might be better than her concert, man, i hope we will get tickets.

Such as??? :roll:
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

May 10, 2006
wanna go check out Chicago, i hope it is good. Wish JLo came anyway ;(
Even though, she is not the most favorite singer of mine.
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 11, 2006
IMJ wrote:wanna go check out Chicago, i hope it is good. Wish JLo came anyway ;(
Even though, she is not the most favorite singer of mine.

She's obviously not the most favourite singer of a lot of people as she has cancelled the whole leg of the tour! I am sure the spin doctors will attribute it to her having 'too busy a schedule' or being 'overly tired', but the hard and fast truth is...they didn't sell any tickets!

As the majority of her fan base is not allowed out after 6.00pm and has to be in bed by 7.00, then it's hardly surprising!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: drugged up May 12, 2006
IMJ wrote:Never had any cold medicine that would not make me drowsy. Is there any? Not pain killers.

A friend and I once caught the same flu bug at the office we were both working in. So we bought some of those Day + Night pills. We took the day ones - the correct dose, definitely the day and not the night ones because we double checked - and we were sky high fuzzed up out of it for the entire afternoon. It felt like a thick warm invisible smog was insulating us from everyone else and we were floating.

Never had this happen before or after (sadly). This was in Australia, I'm not sure if they sell the same kind of stuff here.
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: drugged up May 14, 2006
secretdubai wrote:
IMJ wrote:Never had any cold medicine that would not make me drowsy. Is there any? Not pain killers.

A friend and I once caught the same flu bug at the office we were both working in. So we bought some of those Day + Night pills. We took the day ones - the correct dose, definitely the day and not the night ones because we double checked - and we were sky high fuzzed up out of it for the entire afternoon. It felt like a thick warm invisible smog was insulating us from everyone else and we were floating.

Never had this happen before or after (sadly). This was in Australia, I'm not sure if they sell the same kind of stuff here.

i know, lol, first day when i just got sick, i took a my day pills, later on t hat evening my friend called up saying may be i should go have some alcohol to help me get better, so, i went, haha, that was bad to mix alcohol and medicine - i was feeling high
IMJ
Dubai Expat Helper

May 14, 2006
Beechams Day Nurse and Night Nurse!

The Night Nurse should be sold as recreational drugs! Absolutely fab! You are feeling like shit on a stick, pop 2 of these and 20 minutes later its like diving into a giant feather mattress...everything just goes away! Mind you, you wake up the next day with your eyelids glued together and feeling like you have been through a cement mixer!

Unfortunately not allowed over here as they contain Codeine...which is banned in the UAE.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

May 14, 2006
Codeine is the only painkiller that works (as panadeine etc), for me anyway.

I have never once heard of a drug addict extracting codeine from panadeine-type tablets. I imagine it's easier, safer and cheaper to get it direct from the street.

So I wish they'd just allow the damn stuff here. Finest Afghan dust fresh from the dhow or complicated, laborious chemical experiments with hundreds of expensive pharmacy pills?

I know which I'd pick if I was a junkie. Which I'm not. So let me have the damn legal-in-other-countries pills on the few days a year I have headaches/flu symptoms/etc.
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat