Dreams Anyone?

Topic locked
Dreams anyone? May 24, 2011
saw the word "Dreams" somewhere today and made me stop working and think about it for one minute... after one minute, went back to my hectic job and forgot about dreams!

Do you have dreams?!

melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Dreams anyone? May 24, 2011
Of course, I'd be extremely worried to hear of anyone that didn't dream! When you dream it means you've reached REM sleep or Rapid Eye Movement, which is the deepest part of the sleep phase - normally last around 20 minutes and adults usually experience 5 or 6 in a night. At this stage is when you experience vivid dreams.

Most people daydream alot as well.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Not that dreams, Chocs. Dreams as hopes, desires and plans for future!

:roll:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Well you didn't make it clear Mel, perhaps 'aspirations' would have been a more descriptive word. But again, yes I'd be very concerned about anyone who didn't aspire to improve themselves or have things they want to achieve in the future.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Well you didn't make it clear Mel, perhaps 'aspirations' would have been a more descriptive word. But again, yes I'd be very concerned about anyone who didn't aspire to improve themselves or have things they want to achieve in the future.

:roll:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Dreams Anyone? May 24, 2011
she was clear enough Choco, come on...
but the dreams come at work Mel are usually related with work or career, other dreams or aspiration could be plans and chances...

If you dream with something that u don't have a chance with, that will be hmmm well imagination may be :)...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Sheesh! What's with all the philosophizing ? You'd think this forum actually had a bit of intellect :lol:

Anyways what do I dream? Getting my own law firm up and running alongwith my own hedge fund. Starting money-markets in developing countries and wielding unprecedented political power. I like to think this is me being realistic :lol:

Unrealistically there's rock star dreams, a private island and me flying my own plane at the red bull races. :?

Practically all I want is a good year at the rental markets and a new sound system. :blackeye:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Dreams anyone? May 25, 2011
Misery Called Life wrote:Sheesh! What's with all the philosophizing ? You'd think this forum actually had a bit of intellect :lol:

LOOOOL !

As for dreams

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dreams, as in aspirations?

Shagging Pippa Middleton ranks pretty high!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Dreams Anyone? May 25, 2011
Man she's too scrawny ! Borderline bulimic.
desertdudeshj

Dubai Knight wrote:Dreams, as in aspirations?

Shagging Pippa Middleton ranks pretty high!

Knight

Get real DK, you've got one hope and that's Bob ! She wouldn't do an OAP in sox and sandels

Stick with the dogs! LOL!
Bethsmum

melika969 wrote:Do you have dreams?!

Yep sure do, But im fooling my subconscious and replacing the word DREAM with the word GOAL, This I find removes the stigma attached when dreams shatter or are changed
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Yeah see! 'Dream's are more like flights of fancy and the majority are unrealistic. Personal goals is a much better idea.

I want a little house on the side of a lake in Thailand, with my own wakeboard boat - that is entirely feasible!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

But whose gonna drive it ?
desertdudeshj

I think she has that covered. :wink:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Chocoholic wrote:Yeah see! 'Dream's are more like flights of fancy and the majority are unrealistic. Personal goals is a much better idea.

maybe your dreams are unrealisitc. There is no definition that says dreams should be unrealistic! from your first post in this thread I understand you don't even know what a dream is!!

-- Wed May 25, 2011 7:09 pm --

Misery Called Life wrote:Sheesh! What's with all the philosophizing ? You'd think this forum actually had a bit of intellect :lol:

Anyways what do I dream? Getting my own law firm up and running alongwith my own hedge fund. Starting money-markets in developing countries and wielding unprecedented political power. I like to think this is me being realistic :lol:

Unrealistically there's rock star dreams, a private island and me flying my own plane at the red bull races. :?

Practically all I want is a good year at the rental markets and a new sound system. :blackeye:

I'm sure you will buy your privte island MCL. In time! ;)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

As I said Mel, depends what type of 'dream' you're talking about really. I don't like to call aspirations or goals dreams, because dreams are mostly that, just something that you dream about having, but which isn't necessarily obtainable! Whereas the other definitions most certainly are. I like to live in reality, not having flights of fancy which can never materialise.

ETA - insults go in FC please!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Cool topic for a change!

My dream/goal/whatever is pretty much what I am doing right now, and am working on a "next level" thing for the future. I don't work very hard, have great wife and family, and great friends.

Being in Australia has made me a bit more motivated though..the entrepreneurial juices are flowing! I have been thinking about a career change lately. I have been doing the same thing for 20 years and might have a stab at something new. Why not?

That being said, I am taking sailing lessons coming up and the short term goal is to have my own tug tied up out back. Something good enough for weekends up the coast. I've been saying it for years, but may actually do it now.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Chocoholic wrote:As I said Mel, depends what type of 'dream' you're talking about really. I don't like to call aspirations or goals dreams, because dreams are mostly that, just something that you dream about having, but which isn't necessarily obtainable! Whereas the other definitions most certainly are. I like to live in reality, not having flights of fancy which can never materialise.

ETA - insults go in FC please!

What insult? are you playing victim?!!

Dreams are not necessarily unobtainable!

-- Wed May 25, 2011 7:28 pm --

dubaidog wrote:That being said, I am taking sailing lessons coming up and the short term goal is to have my own tug tied up out back. Something good enough for weekends up the coast. I've been saying it for years, but may actually do it now.

now this is very dreamy! :)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Nice DD! So what do you want to try your hand at next?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Ozzy rules ?
desertdudeshj

Chocoholic wrote:Nice DD! So what do you want to try your hand at next?

I am looking at a few things actually. The father in law has a landscape business he wants to step away from, so there is that. Also have been looking at a few business opportunities in transportation here (not a truck driver) as well as a removalist business. I am actually going to set my studio up here at the house and get the voice over business going again (it has been 5 years). I unpacked my mixing desks and consoles and mics today! I am also looking at doing cruise ship and audio-visual recruiting (something that was in my "coulda, shoulda, wouda" bin for a few years).
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

melika969 wrote:maybe your dreams are unrealisitc. There is no definition that says dreams should be unrealistic! from your first post in this thread I understand you don't even know what a dream is!!

Sweet dreams are of this, who am I to disagree ?

desertdudeshj

youtube being banned is such a blessing sometimes! :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:youtube being banned is such a blessing sometimes! :lol:

You are missing out on a good tune!

They banned YT in Iran?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:They banned YT in Iran?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight

yes!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Do you want me to hum it for your Mel? What accent would you like? :)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bulgarian !
desertdudeshj

Most of my dreams have come true so far. The only dream I have left is that my beautiful Beth gets what she deserves in life, and that is to enjoy herself as much as I have.
Bethsmum

Bora Bora wrote:Do you want me to hum it for your Mel? What accent would you like? :)

:lol: New york accent please! ;)

-- Wed May 25, 2011 10:59 pm --

Bethsmum wrote:Most of my dreams have come true so far. The only dream I have left is that my beautiful Beth gets what she deserves in life, and that is to enjoy herself as much as I have.

That s a very ncie dream BM. :)
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat