A Disturbing PM!

Topic locked
Re: A Disturbing PM! Jul 07, 2011
herve wrote:
Chocoholic wrote: On the subject matter at hand though, yes it is illegal to have a child out of wedlock here. Very dangeours to try and abort a baby here, as if there are any complications and the woman ends up having to go to hospital, they have to report it and she's end up in prison.

Choc you make it sound like it is a traffic violation, there is illegal and illegal, in the UAE having a baby out of wedlock is a CRIME punishable by 1 year in prison minimum, for both father and mother.

Yes, and you know that they're then deported and in many cases the babies are taken away and placed in orphanages!!! You simply can't do it here - end of. Yes, I've had friends who've found themselves pregnant, but they've all been in long term relationships and went and got quickie marriages.

But we're talking about abortion here, which is illegal. So better to get on a plane and go somewhere else to deal with it - as I said before.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May be they can't get on a plane, may be they don't have their passport, may be their sponsor won't allow them to take a leave. For many workers they cannot take a leave before 2 years in their contract
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

herve wrote:May be they can't get on a plane, may be they don't have their passport, may be their sponsor won't allow them to take a leave. For many workers they cannot take a leave before 2 years in their contract

Well you simply can't do it here and if they do somehow find a way too, as I said the risk of complications could see them jailed. Just not worth it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: A Disturbing PM! Jul 08, 2011
How many times does chocs have to tell you herve? zip it
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

benwj wrote:How many times does chocs have to tell you herve? zip it

:lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

benwj wrote:How many times does chocs have to tell you herve? zip it

sorry, could you repeat that for me?
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: A Disturbing PM! Nov 10, 2014
message me on november.0230@gmail.com . I have an extra kit if anyone would like to buy.
november0230
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: A Disturbing PM! Nov 26, 2014
This is a tough one. I see only two options here. It's either they start making arrangements for the girl to just go back home (that is if she is not from the UAE), while the guy remains and keep hustling for 3 (Him, the mother to be and the child). The two of them can put their savings together and then send the girl back home.

We all know how expensive medical services cost here in the UAE.

They can also contact friends and family here and back home to raise money for the flight.

Second option is for them to just remain here, while she gives birth. I really dont need to go into details for this option, it's a NO NO. As they are not married.

This is just my own suggestion. Abortion is also a NO NO for me.
rdgventures
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat