Distance To Europe Destination From Dubai

Topic locked
distance to europe destination from dubai Oct 31, 2005
hey guys
just curious bcoz my geography sucks...wanted to know how easy is it to get away to say UK/Italy/spain/morroco/jordan...from dubai...any interesting experiances there...cost of perhaps going there from dubai?...i heard that london is 7 1/2 hrs away by flight...any other destinations that are really popular or at an advantage from dubai?
cheers
me

constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 31, 2005
Frankfurt (Germany) is about 7 hrs, London should be about 45 minutes more.
LordExcalibur
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 31, 2005
yeah trying to see where would be a great destination to go for perhaps a small get away...after i arrive...i have the wonderlust!!...wanna circumnavigate the globe at least 2 times before i die... :twisted:
constantine

Oct 31, 2005
Well, you have to decide whether you want to go to Europe or somewhere close to UAE. Europe is farther and will take you at least 7 hours to travel. Therefore, more expensive. I recommend;
- Croatia (if you love sun, water, beach or just to enjoy nature);
- Italy, Rome. Beautiful city and has a lot of character. Lots to see (Colliseum, Parthenon, St Peter's square, etc). Great food and lovely people. Hotels are reasonable but please stay away from Stacion Termini. Do book yourself in one of the guided tours, its worth it. If you still have time, arrange and visit other cities as well such as Milan and Venice.
- Of course, London! Loads of places to see... Westminster Abbey, Museums, Maddam Taussad's, Theatrical Plays, Tower of London and castles outside London, etc. If you have time to visit outside London, I recommend you to hire a car. You may want to visit Bath, Street (great for shopping), stonehenge, etc.

If you want a quick getaway from UAE, you may want to try Seychelles (just 4 hours via Emirates); Cyprus, close to Syria. Please stay in one of the resort islands and not the main city (it sucks!) and Maldives (just before Sychelles).
PePPerCLIP
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 31, 2005
thanks pepperclip...maldives...is there a direct flight to that destination...and are there any reliable travle agents anyone can recommend...or is it better to go online and book...cheaper??
constantine

What about HOLLAND Nov 01, 2005
I have a friend in Holland and i saw a pictures from the countryside in there , it was fantastic , breathtakin , i swear , she makes me wanna go there so bad , they have a great nature :idea:
CRAZYTOWN
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 01, 2005
Just go to Lebanon... The land of milk and honey... The land where East meets West and then melds the two...

You want western stuff, you got it...
You want history, life started in Lebanon...
You want arabian, well it is an Arab country...

You want to ski down the world famous Faraya ski resort in the morning then jump in your car for a couple of hours and swim in the warm Mediteranean? Well you got that too?

You want to be in the middle of a dense cedar forest and then an hour later in the middle of a savanna? You got it...

You want flat farmland as far as the eyes can see and then 1/2 hour later mountains as high as the Alps? You got it..

LEBANON MAN!!!!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 01, 2005
sounds great liban...how far is it from dubai...how about staying there...safe?...and currency?...is it relatively cheap to do a budget trip...?...
cheers
constantine

Nov 01, 2005
constantine wrote:sounds great liban...how far is it from dubai...how about staying there...safe?...and currency?...is it relatively cheap to do a budget trip...?...
cheers

Its about a 3 hour flight.

The currency is the Lebanon Pound. US$1 = 1500Llb
Its safe. You can walk down the any street of any city/town/village and never worry of being mugged. Maybe avoid the Lebanon/Israel border...
It is an expensive country but can be done on a modest fare if you watch what you do :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 01, 2005
Ah so many places, make sure you check out Lebanon as Liban said, Maldives, Seychelles, Mauritius, Reunion, Egypt, Africa, Sri Lanka, Thailand, all very accessible many places have direct flights from Dubai as it's a hub for major airlines. Plus you can some really cheap flights on Air Arabia from Sharjah, from previous experience unless it's a fantastically good deal through a travel agent, it's very often cheaper to book you flight and hotel seperately. Unless it's a very busy season I never book accomodation until I get to where I'm going then you can play hotels or whatever off againbst one another for a good deal.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 01, 2005
Once I was on my way to Cyprus for education (Greece one) and stayed at Beirut for an hour, seemed quite beautiful city.

Cyprus is not far from Beirut and its quite beautiful place to visit during summer. I assume it iz 45 minutes away from Beirut.

Switzerland is 5 ½ hour flight from Dubai ( an hour for UK if Heathrow is not busy ) .

what are you waiting for ? :P oh i forgot to tell you about Pakistan ;0) ..... i never been to Pakistan from Dubai but i guess it is 2 hours from dubai ( islamabad ) . Jst wait until the earth stop jolting ................
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 02, 2005
cool...my mouth is watering just thinking about it!!....chocoholic...reunion?...intrigued...pardon my ignorance...where is that?
constantine

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat