Dear Etisalat, You Are The Worst!

Topic locked

What do you think of Etisalat service?

Your just unlucky, Etisalat has been great with me! I <3 Eti!
7%
Heh, they're good with what they do, and that is to serve internet!
No votes
They're O-K..
20%
They're crap but not enough that I would hate them that much
13%
Yup! Dear Etisalat, You are simply the worst!
53%
I don't know? I just use the internet/I don't have internet at home.
No votes
I'm still waiting for them to install my internet which seems to be taking forever!
7%

Total votes : 15

Dear Etisalat, You are the worst! Sep 16, 2009
[etisalat=worst]Dear Etisalat, You are the worst!

Sorry but you gave me no choice, I hate you. I hate the way you treated me like a lab rat and gave me some shitty technology to test for you, saying that it's my only method for having internet.

I hate the shitty technology down time and how many times it f#$%ed it self over and over, with your own equipment. I hate the fact that I upgraded my internet line to 2mb, which are after a few months of use, i finally exploded and had to make 3-4 internet speed tests everyday, to find out that I'm getting less than 30% of my internet capability, although I did get the 100% at the morning time, but wtf? So for all that time I have been paying for around a 512-256 line -__-.

I hate how you tell me every time something is wrong with my internet, you will fix it in 48 hours, and when you came to check my internet line, and I showed your puny tech boy the screenshots of the speed tests, only then he told me that my only solution is to downgrade my internet! and thats because your shitty technology depends on how many people using the internet at the same time in my neighborhood.

I hate what you told me that I MUST use your router if I wanted the internet for more than one computer, when you finally told me there is an underground cable in my neighborhood. Thank god I knew my way around and bought a modem for myself and used my old router, It's just better that way. I hate your ridiculous costs you cost for your internet. I hate the crappy upload speed. I hate the fact that your internet drops a lot, and sometimes goes down for days, and waiting for you people to fix it, and when you do, who pays the bill for the downtime? I do. Just like I did with the 2mb internet rip off.

I hate the fact that you made the blackberry/iPhone simply the best phone to use within UAE if you want some proper mobile internet/3G service, since you charge for the other phones 3G packages like theres no tomorrow. And theres not even an unlimited package. I hate the way you notify me when my internet is cut off because of the bill, really nice and civilized way, you disconnect me from the internet all of a sudden and I end up several hours trying to figure out the f@#$ing problem until I finally decide to call your help center which is another hour, just so your call center could tell me its due on the bill. -__- And the fact that I never experienced that back in Dubai/Jumieira just makes me get pissed over that even more! I always got redirected to your website with a message not-so-helpful when that happened but I knew it did. I hate your sms spam.I hate your website blocking crap.I hate you for blocking VOIP.I hate you for hogging UAE all for your self.

Etisalat, You top my list of most hated. I know you don't like me either, specially after all that. Please etisalat, retire of your job because you suck at it in an unbelieveable way, unless it is to piss off your customers and provide the service of sh!t, then yeah, you top all on that one.

Oh and if theres something I'd thank you for...that would be for making me a geek :D, now you can't fool me with your bad'old excuses! Better come up with new ones! like a fish ate your sea cable, or maybe a fisher had his hook-hooked on your cable, you know, something like that ;).

[/etisalat=worst]

IamAnonymous
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 16, 2009
I have so many bad experiences with Du (Damn Useless). You should consider yourself lucky to be able to have Etisalat.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 16, 2009
Dear IAm, please tell us what you REALLY think, and don't hold back.

Maybe you should look for another provider. Oh, wait!!! My bad - there isn't any!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 16, 2009
Heh, I don't consider Du as an internet provider at all! most likely because they don't offer Du internet across UAE, just a few places or something..

Yup sad but true, there isn't any other choice :(
its all etish!tlag monopoly! >=( and gosh they're taking advantage of it a bit too too much!
IamAnonymous
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 16, 2009
I pay for 512kb, and receive probably around 100kb, and have been unable to see a single youtube video fro 2 months as the speed is so slow
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 16, 2009
IaA, tell us something new about etisalat or may be you experienced them now. And probably your thread was more suitable under Dubai Black List
janathar
Dubai Forums Member

not true Sep 16, 2009
i dont agree its true..
because I had used the etisalat service and i found it very good...
once my internet connection wasn't working...the technician once didnt even charge me..he didnt took the service charge because he felt it was their fault..
prettygal
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 16, 2009
When living in my previous apartment for 3 years, I never had problem using Etisalat services: landline, ADSL, mobile. In fact I wish they installed the FTTH (fibre lines) earlier as my Internet connection speed was doubled (paid for 512K got 1M) for "free" (probably was a mistake?).

Two things to demand:
- Lower the tarriffs for mobile and Internet (ADSL/3G)
- Enable VoIP
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 16, 2009
janathar wrote:IaA, tell us something new about etisalat or may be you experienced them now. And probably your thread was more suitable under Dubai Black List

Yes, let's blacklist Etisalat and go to another provider such as.........???? Err, let me get back to you on that.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Sep 16, 2009
When I came back to Europe, it was a revelation

"Would you like the standard 8Mb or 24Mb Turbo package?" :shock:

"Hell, sit me down, plug me in and juice me up .... 24 Mega all day long, thank you very much !!! ..........."

Turns out is 24M down x 2.4M up but who is complaining NOT ME

Just ran a test into UAE servers :lol: same crap 1.02M Dn x 0.24M up
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 16, 2009
Yes Eti sucks big time took 3 months to install the connection, I lived right in the heart of the city. In two years it went down like 4 to 5 times and afte the standard two working day reply you get after on being hold for on avg of 20 to 30 mins ( at 1.00am in the morning ) no one shows up.

But by the end of the 2nd year I had pretty much worked how how to squeeze them just right to get some decent response form them. Literally call every two hours give them you fault refernce number and check status, standard reply that it has forwarded to the engineers and they wil get on ot ASAP. But then use dramatics. Be angry but not at the guy on the end of the line. Tell you understand that his jon is onlt to log and forward compalins but be pissed at the engineers and tell tales of past misadventures and tell him if he could just refresh that complain, put a reminder or piority list or something like that. That would usually work and someone would show up in the specified time.

Also after the cable cut incident in feb 07/08 ? Etisalat starting throttling downloads so trying to download anything from p2p or torrents speed would drop to 2 or 4kbs ! but thankfully end of that year they stopped.

But yes in general they SUCK and know that they have a monopoly and take full advatage of that fact.

But having said that and having been here in the country for 33 years I remember Etisalats service used to be perfect and flawless. If you made a complain with a few hours a service vehicle would show up at your place and fix the problem.

Connections were done with in a few days at the most of not same day. All they needed was a basic form to fill and the number of the closet land line number.

This was when its employess were mostly expats and you would hardly see or talk to any emartis even in the exchange building. I think emiritisation along with the increase in services and volume really took its toll on its services
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 16, 2009
I had problems with etisalat as well. line all the time dropping, bad connection, etc.

im with du now and working fine, speed is good.
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: not true Sep 16, 2009
prettygal wrote:i dont agree its true..
because I had used the etisalat service and i found it very good...
once my internet connection wasn't working...the technician once didnt even charge me..he didnt took the service charge because he felt it was their fault..

In most developed countries, you wouldnt be surprised that he didnt charge you. Obviously since its their fault, they shouldnt charge you.
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 16, 2009
Where available, the du fibre to the home service is excellent, high speed uplink and downlink and reliable.
harrypic
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 17, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Yes Eti sucks big time took 3 months to install the connection, I lived right in the heart of the city.

Also after the cable cut incident in feb 07/08 ? Etisalat starting throttling downloads so trying to download anything from p2p or torrents speed would drop to 2 or 4kbs ! but thankfully end of that year they stopped.

probably because you live in sharjah? especially in the last few months, no power on their NOCs? :)

when living in bur dubai, i had no problem with torrent. got up to 50KBps over 512Kbps (80% but i consider it normal). and it "mistakenly" upped to 120KBps after they upgraded to FTTH (i paid the same amount).

probably you just got torrent with very few seeders. or got "hammered". for the latter case, try install peerguardian2, or paid VPN would be better.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 18, 2009
harrypic wrote:Where available, the du fibre to the home service is excellent, high speed uplink and downlink and reliable.

few days back i had a reply on an arabian business article about etisalat. i dont think anyone suffered like i did from that good for nothing company.

i literally waited 6 months for them to plug me in. no exageration here...applied april 2008 and got it in sep-oct 08 after numerous phone calls and 4 drop by's to their useless centre on SZR. so beat that! 8)

i moved houses and made sure it was a DU zone just to avoid etisalat and make sure they dont get any of my hard earned money as i dont want them spending it on sponsoring some metro station instead of quality development programs. Go to HELL etisalat. I hate anything to do with u.

Du has its own problems, but have to be honest, their internet connection rocks!

one last thing for people testing their connection to find out its not what they applied for. u need to know that when u request 4mbps it means UPTO 4mbps....this means if there isnt much traffic, ur speed limit will go upto that but it doesnt mean that u will get that throughout the day. it highly depends on the volume of users..and thats the case worldwide as far as i know.

conclusion: i hope all kind of monopoly in this country gets it in the derriere (excuse my french!). cheer for open competition...dream on, but its got to happen one day! :idea:
VRV
Dubai Forum User

Sep 18, 2009
peer gaurd didnt work, VPN brought it back 80% of original speed
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 18, 2009
another thing I hate about Eti is that a very few IP addresses is shared with a lot of people, which makes downloading off megaupload/rapidshare/etc. a pain, as you get download limit exceeded messages most of the time.
G to tha T
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 18, 2009
I'm surprised that if the above remarks are true, that Etisalat does not urgently improve its service.
If Dubai wants to sell its goods and services to the WORLD ,to earn its living , sell property and attract plenty of tourists......then one of the FIRST things it needs is first-class rapid communication . Excellent internet services are part of that. After all, Dubai has spent BILLIONS on concrete and in creating a global finance centre and supposedly sophisticated Internet City or whatever they call it.
Therefore, they should have FIRST-CLASS TECHNOLOGY to back it all up ........and less State control on the internet as well !!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 18, 2009
Why are you people even dealing with idiots? Just buy your own internet satellite and have the "bird" satellite beam straight at your dish. Hugesnet has great speed and it's on 24/7 I've had my own dish for years. I'm not using it right now but I can set it up almost anywhwere. Motosat also has a version that comes in a suitcase. I'ld never put up with lousy service and slow speeds nowadays. There's no need for it. If you can see the southern sky you can have your own internet dish. Also no one is going to "filter" what you can or can not see on the internet.

http://www.swe-dish.com/products/suitcase-systems.html
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 18, 2009
Did someone say that Etisalat was very slow in downloading You Tube films?
Try these. They should take about 9 minutes each. How long do they take in Dubai ?

These videos are now online on YouTube at;

Part one:

Part two:

Part three:. THIS SHOWS ME PUSHING THE ROCK OF THE CLIFF EDGE OFF WITH A PLANK !!!!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 19, 2009
Anybody timed those videos in Dubai yet?
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 19, 2009
RedKite wrote:Anybody timed those videos in Dubai yet?

I will give it a shot when I get back
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 19, 2009

This is my speed right now. Parked over at my sisters place with my motorcoach. Only getting 2 bars out of 5 signal on my laptop going through her wireless router. Upload speed is abit slow.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 19, 2009
damn, that is fast.. that used to be rogers in Canada.
abyssdesire
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2009
Hello. It's not bad but when I get south at the end of the month I'll probally try Rogers. They are a seperate identity in Canada. They are advertising up to 7.2 mpbs now. That's 3 times as fast as what Northwestel is getting. My speed is a little better today on the download side. Upload is still slow.

Amazing that Dubai is a rich place but still in the dark ages when it comes to suppling technology for the average user.
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 20, 2009
Dubai MUST improve its internet technology if they are serious about being a GLOBAL financial centre.

They have KNOWLEDGE CITY etc etc ,but they don't have a proper internet service !!! Crazy !!
RedKite
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 20, 2009
i have an 8mbps with 1mbps upload stream and its very rock solid. no complaints here.

i can go upto 24mbps, but that would cost around 800aed.
VRV
Dubai Forum User

Sep 20, 2009
VRV wrote:i have an 8mbps with 1mbps upload stream and its very rock solid. no complaints here.

That is really good to what others are saying. Do the speed test and show us your results. There is a link to add it to a forum at the bottom left when you complete it. Not calling you a liar. Sometimes what ISP advertise and what you actually get are 2 different stories. Here's the link to the free speed test. It's very accurate.

http://www.speed.io/index_en.html
canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 20, 2009
VRV wrote:i have an 8mbps with 1mbps upload stream and its very rock solid. no complaints here.

That's impossible, we used to pay DU 600aed for internet and we only have a 256kbps dsl line.

Are you sure you are in Dubai?
DDS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat