Is Cutting-off % Of Salary Illegal?

Topic locked
Feb 05, 2009
If this were a little bump in the road I would agree with you but the sad truth is, Dubai's construction boom is over. Done. Dead. Caput! Its not comming back later this year, its not comming back in the next 3 years which means people have to go. You cant run an office with 500 people sitting around with nothing to do.

Think about it, the "build and they will come" approach resulted in massive amounts of unoccupied finished space, and even more unfinished space that no one wants now. Why? because the only people buying were speculators. There was no real demand.

Top that off with the fact that all the expats that dubai worked so hard to lure here are leaving and you are left with an oversupply that will cause prices to bottom out making it economically retarded to even THINK of starting a new project.

Dubai will pick up the pieces in time, but it will take a LONG time and when it recovers it will have to do so in a way that takes into acount basic principles of economics.

In the mean time, I say take what you can and get the fcuk out of this place.

maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 05, 2009
yujinn wrote:Isn't it that if your pay was cut, work hours will be shortened as well?
It is the reason why companies are laying off employees in the first place- there is no or fewer work to be done.

Some companies shorten the working hours, but some don't
ArchitectRoel
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 05, 2009
I guess taking a pay cut is a win win way out given the crisis. Except that a few companies are believed to be using this situation to exploit the people.
DPS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Feb 06, 2009
With the crisis hitting almost all countries around the world, I think its difficult holding a job in any country right now. It seems like only the rich are surviving and the small workers on the bottom that produce all the work to keep the rich people rich are the only ones suffering. It seems that the ones on the bottom of the rung are always the only ones to suffer while the ceo's keep their mansions, summer homes, and 15 cars and care less about their workforce. Just my humble opinion.
iastaff
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 07, 2009
iastaff wrote:With the crisis hitting almost all countries around the world, I think its difficult holding a job in any country right now. It seems like only the rich are surviving and the small workers on the bottom that produce all the work to keep the rich people rich are the only ones suffering. It seems that the ones on the bottom of the rung are always the only ones to suffer while the ceo's keep their mansions, summer homes, and 15 cars and care less about their workforce. Just my humble opinion.

So whats new :cry:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat