Childhood Dreams -- Adult Reality

Topic locked
Childhood Dreams -- Adult Reality Nov 14, 2006
It's a bit past 5 in the morning, and as usual -- I am having troubles sleeping.

I got to thinking how my life has changed so much this past year. How I had planned on this year, being the final year for majour changes for me. How this year, I would have everything worked out and wouldn't have to move anymore.

But just like every other year, I was wrong. Something happened, something came up - end result...pack the bags and move to another country.

I remember that when I was younger, I was convinced that being a criminal lawyer was the job for me. That I was going to go to law school, pass the Bar exams and become the best darn prosecutor in the country...
funny how things turn out, eh? Well, I guess its not that different...

So I want to know...what was your dream to be when you were a kid? What did you think you were going to be doing at the age you currently are..and how different is your dream so long ago from reality?

bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 14, 2006
I never had a dream when i was a kid.. i just went with the flow of life.. in hindsight, its turned out to be better than i ever imagined. Now i know what i want to do in life, and most probably will do it.
Eros
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 14, 2006
Dreamt of being a very active news reporter, I can see myself going to a war zone, saving the tsunami victims, covering a volcano erruption....

whew thanks to my Mom, she insisted I finished an Engineering Degree :oops: it could have been a different life. :roll:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 14, 2006
i dreamed of becoming an astronaut...or work for NASA...

still dreamin.... :lol:
cee_bytes
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 14, 2006
I wanted to join the airforce, always saw the jets in the sky and wanted to be in the flying seat :) i nearly ran away from home to make my dream come true, cleared the highest exam for the best academy in India NDA but then during medical examination they realised i am partially color blind for shades of pink and my dream remained dream. :(

But my mom was the happeist person on earth coz she never wanted me to join the airforce :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 14, 2006
I dreamt of becoming a tycoon lawyer and at the same time a runway supermodel but things change. I'd take up business courses instead...If asked to go back, I would take up medical courses... :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 14, 2006
Wanted to be a cosmonauts n a research scientist... then changed to , cricketer, Soft Eng, Influential decisionmaker, entrepreneur.. partially achieved n still deamin n still striving to achieve....
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 14, 2006
I dreamt of becoming an astronomer or an archaeologist :)
Now I m working in the telecom field...
Mi Ange mi Demon
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 14, 2006
I wanted to be a mafia Boss but unfortunately i didn't find the school :)
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat