Cheapest Rent A Car

Topic locked
Cheapest Rent A Car Nov 08, 2008
Hi,

Does anyone know the cheapest car rental company in dubai? i want to hire one on monthly basis and looking for the ultra cheap rate. :)
Any suggestions?

ahmeed80
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 08, 2008
Rent a Wreck used to have an office here!

Try Hertz as they are the biggest, but failing that Diamondlease, Swift or Maximum Car Rental.

Expect to pay around 1600Dhs to 1700Dhs per month for a small runabout.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 09, 2008
tyou need to check the rent a car in nasr square area in deira it is so cheap .. they don't even care if your licence is less than one year or not ...
Absou
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 10, 2008
ive actually checked on the hertz website as I will be needing a car when I get to Dubai and there was nothing under 2373AED per month. I was amazed at all the car models they have wich we dont have here in Canada, Honda city and such, nice!
Pimpin80
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 16, 2008
My colleague rented a car thru a private owner -AED 1700
I think you can post an ad about looking for a car to rent.
See any luck?
MaggieLam
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 16, 2008
Discount Rent A Car...they have Chev.Spark on 1400/- Dhs p.m.This the cheapest one i know.They ask for some security deposit also.
ahmeed80
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 16, 2008
If you try to go too cheap, you could be asking for trouble.

Most small cheap operators will be hell to deal with if something happened to their car.

They are known for lousy service and nasty attitude.

Be careful!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 17, 2008
Most of those prices above are good. I am currently hiring a Chevy Avea (= Chevy POS) for 600dhs a week. Europcar in Emirates Towers.
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 17, 2008
seardarren wrote:Most of those prices above are good. I am currently hiring a Chevy Avea (= Chevy POS) for 600dhs a week. Europcar in Emirates Towers.

Did you mean a Chevrolet Aveo? I couldn't find any Avea on google, and I'll be looking to rent a car soon too.
Pimpin80
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2008
if you lease 1,2 -3 years you can get Much better prices
( cheaper the longer you sign up for, Only lose 2 month Rent if you exist the contract early )

OR get a much better car for the same price

National car rental is good for that.
pete t
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2008
Ok lets just do some math

chevy aveo 600dhs x 1 week(7 days) = 600dhs
85.71 x 7 = 599.97
85.71 x 365 = 31284.15 = per year
for 2 years = 31284.15 x2 = 62568.3

the new chevy aveo would cost around Dhs 41000 - 49500.. (www.drivearabia.com)...

:shock:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 17, 2008
chevy aveo ? .. would you really drive one of those for 2 years ?? :scratch:

sorry I need cruise control, Good AC and ..well LEG ROOM and be able to drive in the fast lane to Abu Dhabi !! :iroc:

I did NOT move here to live like i Work in a pizza Shop :rr:
pete t
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2008
pete t wrote:chevy aveo ? .. would you really drive one of those for 2 years ?? :scratch:

sorry I need cruise control, Good AC and ..well LEG ROOM and be able to drive in the fast lane to Abu Dhabi !! :iroc:

ok lets do some math again for your type of car

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 17, 2008
sharfraz wrote:
ok lets do some math again for your type of car

8)

yeah well ...... :roll:

add in Insurance, Registration, Time taken to deal with both ( dealing with ..well most things here give me a headache ) :angry7: :cussing:

PLUS maintenance & replacement of car when you need maintenance

Leasing is NOT for everyone I can see why some Buy over here

BUT if you want Zero effort, NO Worries, NO problems a replacement car delivered to YOU, Whatever happens,..good or bad.

AND NO major strings attach if you want to go Back :wave:

It may be a option to look at,.
pete t
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 17, 2008
pete t wrote:chevy aveo ? .. would you really drive one of those for 2 years ?? :scratch:

So go spend some decent money and get yourself a LC
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 18, 2008
well I think it all depends on how you see things. I think hiring a cheap car is a good thing when you just arrived in Dubai. It allows you to have wheels until you take care of the visa issue (unless you already have a visa waiting for you). It allows you to keep your costs down until you start getting a good and regular cash flow. I personaly prefer to have a cheap car and more cash in my pocket than have a nice flashy car but be stressed to death about money running short. Time and peace of mind are priceless for me. As long as the car is clean, recent, and doesn't make any weird noises then it's ok with me. Oh by the way, I'm 1,83m tall and I don't feel squeezed at all in a aveo/yaris/lancer you just gotta back up the seat to it's last position.
Pimpin80
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Cheapest Rent A Car Nov 27, 2008
ahmeed80 wrote:Hi,

Does anyone know the cheapest car rental company in dubai? i want to hire one on monthly basis and looking for the ultra cheap rate. :)
Any suggestions?

Read carefully an agreement in advance:
For example:

"Without full insurance in case of accident, Lessee is liable for all repair cost... and the number of days the vehicle is in the garege for accident repaires".

So your cheap option could be very big trouble for you in case of accident because the number of days for repairing are totally indefenite.

That's why always do CDW to avoid the trouble. Unfortunatelly small rent a car doesn't offer CDW at all. My favourite Rent-a-car is Autobahn because after very big accident I paid nothing due to CDW.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 29, 2008
CDW? COuld u explain it in brief..
ahmeed80
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 29, 2008
ahmeed80 wrote:CDW? COuld u explain it in brief..

Collision Damage Waiver.

If you pay a small premium at the point of hiring, then you don't have to pay the insurance excess if you have an accident.

:) :) :)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 29, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:
ahmeed80 wrote:CDW? COuld u explain it in brief..

Collision Damage Waiver.

If you pay a small premium at the point of hiring, then you don't have to pay the insurance excess if you have an accident.

:) :) :)

Knight

It's not really only insurance. It looks like "No objection" letter from the Rent-A-Car. It means you would pay absolutelly nothing in case of any accident or mishaps covered by appropriate police report including rental charges for a period of repair.

As for fee it's relatively small, approximately 250D per month.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat