Cheap Thrills!!!

Topic locked
cheap thrills!!! Oct 19, 2006
ok i'm in the downtown area until they find me an a place from my job. not exactly loaded with bucks. got a few days off need something cheep to do. what is the festival of light? and any other ideas would be appreciated.

gregory863
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 19, 2006
The festival of light, if I'm not mistaken is Diwali, an Indian festival. Anyone please feel free to correct me as I'm not entirely sure. However, known around many parts as the festival of bangs, because of the fireworks and firecrackers that get let off :D
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 20, 2006
wow festival of bangs? sounds cool!! thanks for the info
gregory863
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: cheap thrills!!! Oct 20, 2006
gregory863 wrote:ok i'm in the downtown area until they find me an a place from my job. not exactly loaded with bucks. got a few days off need something cheep to do. what is the festival of light? and any other ideas would be appreciated.

Festival of Lights is also called "DIWALI", a festival of hindus (religion of most if not all indians) and is celebrated for 5 continous days. 3rd day is the main DIWALI. they celebrate it by lighting candles, fire crackers, exchanging gifts, visiting your families etc... DIWALI is a religious festival. Christmas for christians, eid for muslims, diwali for hindus. got it? :D

Most of my colleagues are hindus so i got this idea from them.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Re: cheap thrills!!! Oct 20, 2006
asc_26 wrote:
gregory863 wrote:ok i'm in the downtown area until they find me an a place from my job. not exactly loaded with bucks. got a few days off need something cheep to do. what is the festival of light? and any other ideas would be appreciated.

Festival of Lights is also called "DIWALI", a festival of hindus (religion of most if not all indians) and is celebrated for 5 continous days. 3rd day is the main DIWALI. they celebrate it by lighting candles, fire crackers, exchanging gifts, visiting your families etc... DIWALI is a religious festival. Christmas for christians, eid for muslims, diwali for hindus. got it? :D

Most of my colleagues are hindus so i got this idea from them.

now tht is gud info
westside
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat