Censorship In Dubai

Topic locked
Censorship in Dubai Oct 12, 2007
I am currently reading the books "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins, and "The end of Faith" by Sam Harris... Will I be prosecuted if I bring these books inside the country? Are they illegal? I wont be talking to anyone else about it but I personally will read them.

Thanks

pacowc3
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Censorship in Dubai Oct 12, 2007
pacowc3 wrote:I am currently reading the books "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins, and "The end of Faith" by Sam Harris... Will I be prosecuted if I bring these books inside the country? Are they illegal? I wont be talking to anyone else about it but I personally will read them.

Thanks

you can bring any book you want
even salman rushdie satanic verses
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 12, 2007
incorrect............

I bet the book entitled "A Gay Life and Bareback Seen from the Rear in Pictures" would be banned

:lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Censorship in Dubai Oct 13, 2007
nismo wrote:
pacowc3 wrote:I am currently reading the books "The God Delusion" by Richard Dawkins, and "The end of Faith" by Sam Harris... Will I be prosecuted if I bring these books inside the country? Are they illegal? I wont be talking to anyone else about it but I personally will read them.

Thanks

This statement is incorrect.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 13, 2007
i'm busy reading the God Delusion as well, and an certain I saw it in Dubai Duty Free @ the airport
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Re: Censorship in Dubai Oct 13, 2007
sage & onion wrote:
nismo wrote:

Thanks

ghow about that hitelr book
mien kapf or something
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 13, 2007
i think sage is referring to your statement "you can bring any book you want" - this is untrue
arniegang

Oct 13, 2007
arniegang wrote:i think sage is referring to your statement "you can bring any book you want" - this is untrue

Correct Sir
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 13, 2007
why thank you sage
- takes bow
arniegang

Oct 15, 2007
ppl is bringin in ho's an tricks into the country

dont worry a book aint gonna do a thing
you can bring it with you.
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 15, 2007
Jamal wrote:ppl is bringin in ho's an tricks into the country

Why do you offer such advice that could get a person in trouble, just doesn't make any sense at all :shock: :shock: :shock:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 15, 2007
if you have proper passport , such as west european or north american , you can bring in any bookkyou want ,

if you have pathan passport , then you better watch yourself

just dont bring in crack or heroine no matter who you are
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 15, 2007
Jamal wrote:ppl is bringin in ho's an tricks into the country

You're half-correct, homie. You can bring ho's an tricks into the country, but you cannot bring certain books.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 15, 2007
niggga they be sellin playboy magazines up in emirates hills ... what the calim be on that ...

you can bring wateva you want into the country aint no one gonna check nothin .. plus if incase like a stupid fcuk you decide to flaunt your book allover the place an they do see it and if it somehow wont be allowed to be brought in you aint gonna be put in jail or something like that .. it will only be taken away from you .. youll be given a recipt for it and you can collect it before you leave the country...

da way ppl talk about this place sometimes just makes me wonder if they is jst blind or tryin not to notice it .. dubai is changed in all ways it aint 10 years back no more .. even homo's be walkin the streets freely an claimin it ..
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 17, 2007
yeah i miss seeing the pretty looking gay guys...some are just so freaking ugly and horrible here... yuck :P

JK

on a seriuos note....you can bring whichever book you want into the country as long as you dont flaunt it about and bring attention to it.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 17, 2007
Jamal & Bushra,

What you should be saying is that you can try and hide whatever book you bring in to the country, because certain publications can get you into trouble. I think you are both aware as to what can happen here under the wrong circumstances so why do you blindly advise people to go against the Authorities. Censorship most certainly does still exist here, Etisalat Proxy is the prime example. The UAE Ministry of Information and Culture can be contacted if you wish to question this.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 18, 2007
jamal is right .. worst case it will be just taken away from you.

I know a lady who had her dildo taken away from her in the airport haha how embarrassing would that situation be:

"umm maam sorry we cant let you take this in"

(pun intended) :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 18, 2007
Sage is correct but i would word it differently,

Try and get it in, but be prepared to loose it
arniegang

Re: Censorship in Dubai Oct 20, 2007
nismo wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
nismo wrote:

Thanks

mien kapf or something

mein kampf is available at some bookstores here in dubai
RedLion
Dubai Forum User

Re: Censorship in Dubai Oct 20, 2007
RedLion wrote:
nismo wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
nismo wrote:

Thanks

mien kapf or something

mein kampf is available at some bookstores here in dubai

As it should be. The Middle East has less of a problem with Hitler than the Jews.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 20, 2007
Only because he ran out of time, anyone not "white" was next on his hitlist and that included Arabia.
arniegang

Oct 20, 2007
arniegang wrote:Only because he ran out of time, anyone not "white" was next on his hitlist and that included Arabia.

Wow, you even missed that :roll: Sorry, gave you more credit than I should have. Re-read gtmash's post and think about it before you respond with your xenophobic post...

ps.. you blew it.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat