Cars.

Topic locked
Cars. Mar 12, 2012
I don't know how many people will be familiar with Jeremy Clarkson and his TV programme Top Gear?

I was watching the programme tonight and one of the co-presenters James May went to Chris Evans' (Radio 2 DJ) house to look at his very impressive car collection. His bestest car was a Ferrari. Not just any run of the mill Ferrari but one that cost £5.4million!!! It had it's own garage, which wasn't like any garage I've seen before. James May had to take his shoes off before entering the garage but was allowed to take it out for a spin around the London suburbs. He didn't enjoy the drive at all as he was too frightened that some prat was going to reverse into him. I could relate to that. Where is the joy in driving a car worth £5.4m?
I can't say I really like Ferraris that much as I'm not a lover of sports cars. I prefer something bigger. I do like those 4 door Porsches that you see cruising JBR though, very nice indeed!

Slash (ex Guns 'n Roses) was also on the programme and he did a lap in the Star In A Reasonably Priced Car. He did the lap in 1.49 seconds in a Honda and just beat Alice Cooper and Agelina Jolie. Impressive. He drives an Aston Martin in real life.

If money was no object I'm not sure what I'd drive. :!:
I do like those BMW X6 :D

What car would you drive if you had mega amounts of dosh?

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Cars. Mar 12, 2012
I've got to wonder who buys these exotic cars. They are almost too expensive to drive on the road.

I've loved cars since I was a little kid and if money were no object, I'd like a convertible lamborghini. Convertibles are more exciting that hard tops in my opinion and they look better too.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Cars. Mar 12, 2012
Im not much of a car person. It has to be safe, reliable and comfortable. For the rest I dont care. That said our first car was the nissan 100nx semi convertible, and always loved it. Got to drive a Merc convertible (it has a great a$$ also) this morning in your capital BM, and I loved it, but wouldn't be able to offord it.
If I ever would buy a sports car again, it would be the nissan 100nx. And if i would have the money, i'll still with the 100nx.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Cars. Mar 13, 2012
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Cars. Mar 14, 2012
Hmm... I'd get a 2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD. Give it to Hamann and tell them to give it a white theme. I would then add some Flowmaster exhausts and spokes with hydraulics.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Oh I have a wishlist: Aston Martin DBS, Nissan Skyline, Classic Lotus Turbo Esprit, A Delorean, A monster truck, Military grade HumV and a Harley Davidson Superlow.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Oh I have a wishlist: Aston Martin DBS, Nissan Skyline, Classic Lotus Turbo Esprit, A Delorean, A monster truck, Military grade HumV and a Harley Davidson Superlow.

Good girl!!!! Think BIG!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora , LOL I'm a petrol head clearly.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Cars. Mar 25, 2012
the new ford gt40 ( my fav), mclaren f1, shelby cobra, 1967 shelby gt500 eleanor, C63 AMG Coupe Black Series, ferrari fxx, amg clk gtr, slr 722 gt, wont mind my own F1, carrera gt, pagani zonda, bugatti super sports, a caterham r500

and ofcourse my 2012 jeep grand cherokee SRT8
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Cars. Mar 26, 2012
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

land cruiser Xtreme, done by Artic Truck, extremely over priced !
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj , I'm sure any of these SUV's would do the job as effectively.
Attachments
5081635872_af07a41c96.jpg
2011-invader-n40_600x0w.jpg
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Nah, not a big fan of ricer mods.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:land cruiser Xtreme, done by Artic Truck, extremely over priced !
It is well built and comes with warrenty. Personal mods break the warranty.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

desertdudeshj wrote:Nah, not a big fan of ricer mods.

Ricer it not, you've got to admit; it's quite appealing. And besides, it's a 3 ton four wheel drive, you can't expect miracles from it.
prowheels
Dubai forums Addict

Over here if you look at your car the wrong way voids your warranty with the stealerships, the stories I could tell would need an entire forum of its own !
desertdudeshj

Re: Cars. Mar 27, 2012
well no matter hw much i wud cash im loaded with i would definetly go for a skylinee!!
ashley799
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Cars. Mar 27, 2012
patrollll....the desert monster!!
aaron123
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Cars. Mar 31, 2012
Amazing models....
DoveITS
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Cars. Apr 15, 2012
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Cars. Apr 16, 2012
Who would really want to drive this thing?
BigBootsDubai
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Cars. Apr 16, 2012
Mario45 ,

What do thy say?
BigBootsDubai
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat