ID CARD SHAMBLES

Topic locked
ID CARD SHAMBLES Jan 21, 2009
Twas predictable really.....They couldn't organise a pi$$ up in a brewery!

http://www.kippreport.com/kipp/2008/12/ ... fnc/print/

smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 21, 2009
what a shame
Miss_lolly
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 22, 2009
Oman had implemented a similar smart card system several years ago. Only it was done gradually. whoever's visa came up for renewal got their labor cards replaced with the smart card. new residents got the new cards anyways. so within 3 years - everyone had them. well planned and implemented - unlike some other places.

smooth is the word!
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 22, 2009
I can see the benefits of the ID system. Join ed up info accross all depts etc would assist more efficient govnment, weed out terrorists, aid law enforement etc.

What I can't understand is why it makes any sense to just limit it to 'citizens'. By doing this surely you remove all the benefit of having the system in the first place.

Perhaps locals think its a credit card ?
Longshanks
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 22, 2009
[quote="Longshanks"]I can see the benefits of the ID system. Join ed up info accross all depts etc would assist more efficient govnment, weed out terrorists, aid law enforement etc.

What I can't understand is why it makes any sense to just limit it to 'citizens'. By doing this surely you remove all the benefit of having the system in the first place.

Perhaps locals think its a credit card ?[/quote]

LOOOL no man but we are forced to it otherwise we wont be able to process any GOV procedures with out it as it will be the only thing you need to carry around with you. If true I think it will be cool instead dragging 100s of documentation.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 22, 2009
The FNC is an advisory body that issues and passes recommendations to the cabinet. The cabinet then decides whether to adopt the FNC’s recommendations.

It's a little bit early for relaxation..
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 22, 2009
lol :lol: LOL
spirophonix
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat