Car Park

Topic locked
Car park Nov 28, 2010
Given the number of buildings in Dubai, let's say the buildings were half occupied how would the residents find the parking places for their cars? From what I've seen the underground parking isn't enough.

brucebanner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Car Park Nov 28, 2010
Chapter 3?

Half occupied would mean plenty of spaces available. In general, buildings allow for at least 1 spot for each apartment. In cases such as 3 bedroom apartments, generally 2 are provided. Then there are extra spots that can be rented if 2 spots are needed and one was allocated.

On to chapter 4............
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Chapter 3?

Half occupied would mean plenty of spaces available. In general, buildings allow for at least 1 spot for each apartment. In cases such as 3 bedroom apartments, generally 2 are provided. Then there are extra spots that can be rented if 2 spots are needed and one was allocated.

Lol! No I'm not writing a book.
brucebanner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Seems likes it or your just too inquisitive.

But not getting the general message across. Don't come here.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Car park Nov 29, 2010

LOL - excellent

Bruce - where are these questions coming from? I mean camel meat, dishdasha, parking spaces - I would love say this makes interesting reading but I am not sure its a bestseller. Anyway please tell - I am intrigued.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

JoeTGF wrote:

LOL - excellent

Bruce - where are these questions coming from? I mean camel meat, dishdasha, parking spaces - I would love say this makes interesting reading but I am not sure its a bestseller. Anyway please tell - I am intrigued.

They're just questions. I repeat, I'm not writing a book.
brucebanner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Joe, I thought he was having a laugh, but he corrected me on that one.
Bethsmum

Street carparking is a whole other ball game - total night mare.

Dude, how about you put all your questions in one thread. There's a good chap.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Bethsmum wrote:Joe, I thought he was having a laugh, but he corrected me on that one.

I am just simply intrigued. I need to know why Bruce is collecting random information.

Chocoholic wrote:Street carparking is a whole other ball game - total night mare.

Bruce - more questions please + talk to us.
Also I thought your rode your bike into work - why are parking spaces an issue?
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Car Park Nov 30, 2010
Something is fishy !
desertdudeshj

Re: Car park Nov 30, 2010
It's not me
Bethsmum

If yout hink Dubais bad, come to Abu Dhabi

Buildings were ofte built without undergroudn parking, so a building with 50 flats, and potentially 70-80 cars has only 20 spots
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

we usually park in the mini deserts next to the paid parking lot :D sharjah people were very clever. they invested alot in paid parking system (followed what dubai was doing) but they forgot to fence of the mini-desert around the paid parking area. so if you go to sharjah you will find the paid parking area empty and the mini desert packed with cars and for that reason I love Sharjah :D

it is BLOOODY CHEAP :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Car park Nov 30, 2010
JoeTGF wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:Joe, I thought he was having a laugh, but he corrected me on that one.

I am just simply intrigued. I need to know why Bruce is collecting random information.

Chocoholic wrote:Street carparking is a whole other ball game - total night mare.

Bruce - more questions please + talk to us.
Also I thought your rode your bike into work - why are parking spaces an issue?

I wouldn't bike to work in the UAE. It's far too hot and the drivers aren't sensible.

BlackburnRovers wrote:If yout hink Dubais bad, come to Abu Dhabi

Buildings were ofte built without undergroudn parking, so a building with 50 flats, and potentially 70-80 cars has only 20 spots

I've witnessed this first hand. We tried to eat at KFC near Abu Dhabi mall and couldn't find any parking spaces. This is also http://multimedia.thenational.ae/istabs ... &num=29764 - The art of Abu Dhabi parking.
brucebanner
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat