CANCEL VISA

Topic locked
May 30, 2009
Maybe a storyteller, but I would much rather the police determine this rather than us.

If I was an admin I would call the police and show them all the information I had.

EDIT:

Worse case: Fake story, waste of time. No biggie.

Best case: Prosecution of a double rape that would have otherwise been unreported due to the monstrous neglect of a certain individual.

Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 30, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:
Misery Called Life wrote:First and foremost how did he find out his maids were raped?
Did he do a DNA test?

You would ask an alleged rape victim for a DNA test there champ?

:?
No it's much more logical to stand on rooftops point at random people and shout Rape!

First medical tests need to confirm the rape. Then DNA testing is conducted on samples, to ascertain the identity of the rapist. And no the samples don't have to be collected "down there' champ, bedsheets, cars seats, depending on the location of the rape, samples will be collected!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 30, 2009
did anyone notice that "annoyed" seems to have disappeared after the investigation threat??? must have fled the country by now......
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

May 30, 2009
I think the point is that he/she did not immediately inform the police over the crime. There is no burden on me to 'prove' anything if someone comes up to me and cries rape. I call the police, right now.

Edit: And if someone did stand on the rooftop and shout 'rape', I would bloody well take it seriously. I know this was hyperbole but in reality the seriousness of the alleged crime overrides any doubt. Just like screaming 'fire' in a crowded theatre.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 30, 2009
Calling the cops is probably the best thing.

All I'm saying is there is no point implicating someone unless he is proved guilty. As they say One is innocent until proved guilty.

A friend of mine told me this story once,
These maids will happily have consensual $ex, and then 3-4 months later call up the driver and blackmail them. They're like look I'm pregnant, have to leave country blah blah blah. So give me cash or else.......
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 30, 2009
"All I'm saying is..."

That is the wrong attitude.

Once again, the severity of the crime warrants the attention. Your story has no constructive use here.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

May 30, 2009
MCL, DNA testing can only be done within a certain amount of time. If this story is true, it's not a recent incident, therefore DNA/swab tests will prove irrelevant.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 30, 2009
Chocs, that isn't necessarily true. There were innocent people who sat is prison for years on rape or murder charges until evidence was tested and the DNA results proved them not to be the guilty party.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 30, 2009
You're talking about DNA evidence from clothing surrounding environment etc. The main thing they would do in a rape case is a swab test, maybe finger nail scrapes, skin samples. But if a victim has showered, bathed after the incident, the evidence would no longer exist on/in their body so it's a pointless exercise. Bodily tests have to be done right away.

DNA on the surrounding environment can last longer.

But who knows how much time has past since the incident/s.

In this case, you're now basically talking about circumstantial evidence and people accounts of what happened.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 30, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:MCL, DNA testing can only be done within a certain amount of time. If this story is true, it's not a recent incident, therefore DNA/swab tests will prove irrelevant.

I was commenting on your first sentence. If the clothing was available and there was semen on them, it would prove conclusive.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 30, 2009
mmm not really there are several scenarios that could outcome from that.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 30, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:mmm not really there are several scenarios that could outcome from that.

There can only be three outcomes:

It happened
It didn't happen
Or a third party was involved.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

May 30, 2009
You ladies are right! If clothing is not available and if considerable time has passed since the alleged crime was comitted, only circumstantial evidence and people accounts of what happened can aid the law enforcement authorities.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 30, 2009
I feel that 'annoyed' was involved in the driver story and wants to know what can be the consequences.
vera.chandler
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 30, 2009
vera.chandler wrote:I feel that 'annoyed' was involved in the driver story and wants to know what can be the consequences.

Oh…C’mon my dear..!!

Who does not know the consequences of committing a rape crime (correction: 2 rape crimes!)????

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat