If You Can Prove Any Paranormal Activity, $1M Awaits You!!

Topic locked
If you can prove any paranormal activity, $1M awaits you!! Dec 12, 2010
Yup.... It is true!

My Aunt is going for this challenge!!! She's confident she can win the one million dollars prize!!

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/1m-challenge.html

:D :D

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: If you can prove any paranormal activity, $1M awaits you Dec 12, 2010
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/com ... e-faq.html

From the FAQ , Under section 4.2 , Under the question - What should I do before I apply

See a physician for a physical and mental workup to ensure you are up to the task of taking the Challenge. Some of the people who apply for the Challenge are mentally ill, and this is a point that has the potential to be examined during the application process. Tell your physician about your paranormal ability and get their feedback as well.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

He's had that offer for years.

There was paranormal activity at my house last weekend....I was working long hours outside the house (drinking binge) when I woke up at noon Friday, the house was clean and the laundry started! The only one home was Mrs. DD so I am still wondering how the place got clean.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

I have an out of body experience every time I think of TJ :santa:
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: If you can prove any paranormal activity, $1M awaits you Dec 13, 2010
zubber wrote:http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/component/content/article/37-static/254-jref-challenge-faq.html

From the FAQ , Under section 4.2 , Under the question - What should I do before I apply

See a physician for a physical and mental workup to ensure you are up to the task of taking the Challenge. Some of the people who apply for the Challenge are mentally ill, and this is a point that has the potential to be examined during the application process. Tell your physician about your paranormal ability and get their feedback as well.

Meaning wackos need not to apply!!

Well, Auntie doesn't think she is a wacko!!

We'll be rooting for her anyway. Maybe we're all wackos!!!

:lol: :lol:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: If You Can Prove Any Paranormal Activity, $1M Awaits You Dec 13, 2010
^^ OBE's and ASTRAL PROJECTIONS , are an induced psychological state , doesnt fall into the category of paranormal activity ma'am :)
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Bethsmum wrote:I have an out of body experience every time I think of TJ :santa:

Is that a compliment?

I'm sure it is, coming from my sweetie pie!!

Love to hear more about that experience, sweetie,..when we're frolicking over the shag carpet!! :P

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

dubaidog wrote:He's had that offer for years.

There was paranormal activity at my house last weekend....I was working long hours outside the house (drinking binge) when I woke up at noon Friday, the house was clean and the laundry started! The only one home was Mrs. DD so I am still wondering how the place got clean.

Wow..! Does that happen in your house every Friday?

Maybe you should have that strange occurance secretly videotaped next Friday, and you probably could win the 1-million-dollar prize!!!

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:I have an out of body experience every time I think of TJ :santa:

Is that a compliment?

Love to hear more about that experience, sweetie,..when we're frolicking over the shag carpet!! :P

Of course it was TJ :wink: It's a date :santa: I'll wear my santa outfit.
Bethsmum

Tom Jones wrote:From the FAQ , Under section 4.2 , Under the question - What should I do before I apply

Meaning wackos need not to apply!!

Or it could mean , the ones claiming that have paranormal abilities are the ones who are mentally deficient :mrgreen:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Bethsmum wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:

Is that a compliment?

Of course it was TJ :wink: It's a date :santa: I'll wear my santa outfit.

Can't wait My Love....

Just keep the fireplace crackling with enough Beechwood logs!!!

Any chance of wearing a sheer Santa outfit or am I being too naughty??

:) :)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

:puke:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

BM isn't flavour of the month with kanelli or Chocs, it would seem :santa: :santa: :santa:
Bethsmum

No, I've always wanted to picture you and TJ in his Santa suit rolling around on a shag carpet in front of a fire... :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

What ever does it for you K.
Bethsmum

You guys are trying hard to do it for us! :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Don't feel left out K.
Bethsmum

Is that an invitation then? I'm off to get my little elf suit! :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

No k. I only do one on one, sorry. :santa:
Bethsmum

Ok, it's a tricky one, because here's the catch. Paranoral activities i.e. we're talking ghosts, spirits etc etc are normally linked to specific places. So I'm wondering how they expect to get proof under 'controlled conditions'!

So I think they've got the definition of what is paranormal confused from the start!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

They actually define paranormal activity as anything that can't be explained by prevailing scientific laws or facts Eg - Aliens can also be classified as paranormal beings.

These competitions include - from the top of my head - The ones chocs described , Plus ESP (Telepathy, Psychokinesis , Telekinesis , Pyrokinesis) , Contact with the supernatural (inclusive of dead people) , etc

But extreme genius for example is not paranormal activity, Eg if the OP can compute the factorial of 6.8 million , within 20 seconds , he is only brilliant but not classed as paranormal, and his entry would be rejected.

Actually the guyz who are involved in these competitions have either been involved in so called witch hunts and were disillusioned , or are secretly hoping for perhaps a new scientific discovery.

England has a lot of these paranormal associations , they're all on facebook , and it is true the focus a lot on ghosts and spirits

Oh i forgot to mention , they're are all kinds of new fangled devices that have been developed for detecting this activity eg:-

Super silly right ? heh , :) , But they actually do use counters like this , and as you all probably guessed it, It is indeed an electromagnetic wave detector
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: If You Can Prove Any Paranormal Activity, $1M Awaits You Dec 14, 2010
The life of a small community of about two thousand people was turned upside down in Ontario, Canada, when hordes of TV crews descended on it trying to film paranormal activity there recently. This happened repeatedly over several months.Things got bad when the Church door, and the pew were broken several times, apparently in a bid to make the ghosts angry enough to show themselves. Things came to a real head when people discovered graves being dug up in the cemetery!! :evil: With "mediums" in attendance!
This is a true story!
People are going crazy about vampires and ghosts. Do these things really exist? Is Dracula for real?? :shock:
zonker
BANNED

desertdudeshj

zonker wrote:People are going crazy about vampires and ghosts. Do these things really exist? Is Dracula for real?? :shock:

Funny thing is that the stories of supernatural phenomenon have existed for a long time , but even within the last century , no tangible evidence has been gathered besides footage and pictures, which later get discredited due to them being tampered in the first place ,

http://www.pinkfridge.com/f_bepsychic/become.htm <- That's right , an actual training program to become a medium , but no medium was ever able to summon spirits in front of a whole audience,

Not even Aleister Crowley- British Occultist (whose writings are apparently the cornerstone of 20th century occult philosophies) was able to pull that off, the only audio recording which is available of this guy is chanting an incantation , nothing more , with all the abilities he is credited with , he wasnt able to procure even one audio recording of those demons from his book (the goetia).

Oh and apparently the OUIJA BOARD is an existing board game that give you supposed access to "spirits" , check out the youtube vids , freaky stuff :lol:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oh the Ouija Board, now thats really freaky! I can find no explanation for it. I experienced it first hand when my daughter came home from school one day some years ago, all excited, and told me she had learnt something new at school. She drew the curtains, and rigged up a Ouija board. Both of us were skeptics and total novices, and suddenly we found the inverted glass started to move. I became aware when my daughter said dad stop pushing! I was reading something at the time, and nearly jumped out of my skin when I realized what was happening!Put a stop to it right away though. To this day she thinks it was me pushing on that glass. And I wasnt! So, what was it? :shock:
zonker
BANNED

Re: If You Can Prove Any Paranormal Activity, $1M Awaits You Dec 15, 2010
^^ Yikes !! , i suggest you burn that damn board :)

Zonker check out this vid ->
- Fact or fiction ? But good enough to scare kids from delving into the occult imho :mrgreen:
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: If you can prove any paranormal activity, $1M awaits you Jan 06, 2011
Chocoholic wrote:Ok, it's a tricky one, because here's the catch. Paranoral activities i.e. we're talking ghosts, spirits etc etc are normally linked to specific places. So I'm wondering how they expect to get proof under 'controlled conditions'!

So I think they've got the definition of what is paranormal confused from the start!

I keep getting that feeling on this forum that someone is there, but actually not quite there?

Is there missing posts on this forum that could be paranormal?

What you think BM?
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: If you can prove any paranormal activity, $1M awaits you Jan 07, 2011
There's definately a missing link, Drew.
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat