Can Girls Wear Thongs On Beach?

Topic locked
can girls wear thongs on beach? May 27, 2006
do any girls where thongs or go topless on the beach in Dubai??????

jenny21
Dubai Forum Guest

May 27, 2006
u mean smthing like these? :roll:

http://funpic.hu/funblog.click.php?id=1 ... rwear.html

on second thought u might wanna keeps these for the bedroom :P
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 27, 2006
No! You absolutely cannot go topless not even in the hotels. It's a muslim country! Some women do wera the g-string or thong bikini bottoms, however I also think this is pushing the boundary abit too much. Particularly when you have people crying and whining about being stared at by guys on the beach, well sorry but if you have your arse on display what the hell to you expect.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 27, 2006
so the is a lot of g-strings but i'm not allowed 2 go topless?
jenny21
Dubai Forum Guest

May 27, 2006
jenny21 wrote:so the is a lot of g-strings but i'm not allowed 2 go topless?

:shock: r u joking?
how did u pick the uae out of all the countries in the world? their women cover up the whole body and u wanna shake it almost naked???
i suggest u go to cuba. they have a totally different approach to s.e.x, nudity, etc.

p.s.:its not u arnie, playing dump, is it? :lol:
raidah

May 27, 2006
I have to agree, how dumb can you be to want to come to Dubai and expect to put everything on show,m do some research for goodness sake. Very few women wear thongs on the beach and they're pretty much frowned at. It's too much!

Many people are starting to object to bikini's on the public beaches now.

If you want to flaunt it go on holiday somewhere else.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 27, 2006
raidah wrote:u mean smthing like these? :roll:

:shock: :shock: :shock: raidah u r a crazy one of a kind! don't give the girl crazy ideas, she might end up in a nasty situation wearing that in public! but good advice though, to keep it in the bedroom :lol: :lol: :lol:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 27, 2006
now seriousely talking what would be the right thing to wear on public beaches so that ppl wont look at u like u r a freak???cause for sure u can't go all covered up from head to toes :?
i supose that in a hotel pool tha situation is different, isn't it?
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 27, 2006
raidah: those were some hot thongs :P

jenny: if your on a public beach i would avoid both, in a private pool or a hotel beach i would say you can getaway with a g-string. But i am not sure if they will be fine with topless bathing. I know a woman used to bathe topless at my apartment complex swimming pool and no one said anything. Also if you feel compelled to wear thongs while here your more than welcome to my bedroom :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 27, 2006
alexandra wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: raidah u r a crazy one of a kind! don't give the girl crazy ideas, she might end up in a nasty situation wearing that in public! but good advice though, to keep it in the bedroom :lol: :lol: :lol:

didn t like them? :roll: my top favorite is the one with a feather :oops:

seriously now, im not for grandma fashion, but even in west is kinda daring showing up topless, unless ur on a nudist beach...or whatever the name is
raidah

May 27, 2006
Maaad, DOn't encourage her, it't totally disrespectful! And no it's not tolerated in the hotels, you try it and a lifeguard or other member of staff will reprimand you within a few seconds.

Don't forget hotels are also shared by guests of all cultures and backgrounds.

You cannot go topless and that's that, unless you fancy spending a few days behind bars for indecent exposure and insulting the local culture.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 27, 2006
I am sorry but its against my male instincts to not encourage boobies to come out :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 27, 2006
raidah wrote:
alexandra wrote:

seriously now, im not for grandma fashion, but even in west is kinda daring showing up topless, unless ur on a nudist beach...or whatever the name is

i would vote for the pink one :lol: :lol: :lol:
if in west is dearing to show up topless than in the east (europe) this is something concidered natural....i am sure u went to the seaside in ro and u get my point. don't have to be in vama veche to be topless in the sun! :roll:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 27, 2006
raidah wrote:
alexandra wrote:

For the first look i thought the feathers were something else :P and it grossed me out hehe
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 27, 2006
Actually you'd be surrpised. Many places in Europe frown on topless sunbathing as well, particularly on family beaches. That's why there's reserved nudist beaches.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 27, 2006
Choco you got something against boobs ? :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 27, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Maaad, DOn't encourage her, it't totally disrespectful! And no it's not tolerated in the hotels, you try it and a lifeguard or other member of staff will reprimand you within a few seconds.

Don't forget hotels are also shared by guests of all cultures and backgrounds.

You cannot go topless and that's that, unless you fancy spending a few days behind bars for indecent exposure and insulting the local culture.

Choco what is the right thing to wear on a public beach, i mean what i common and girls can wear without being stared at?
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 27, 2006
Just a normal sized bikini or swim suit. Take a sarong to wrap around when the nutters start to stare though. It happens all the time. But I've seen women lately with the smallest thongs and it just looks awful and people can't help staring. An interesting article on this subject was published recently where workers gave their opinions on women on the beaches and guy was quoted as saying, 'If I come to the beach and I'm presented with a half naked woman, of course I'm going to stare! I can't help it!'

For many of us who come from other countries, to wear what we do on the beach or not as the case may be is totally normal. But you're not in a normal environment here. People come from places where women are covered from head to toe, you see ladies wearing full abayas and veils to the beach, so what do you think? It's a crazy mix an we do not have the right to force people accept our way of living.

Even in hotels people can find small swim wear offensive.

For you it might seem normal, but stop and think about the embarrassement you might be causing someone else.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 27, 2006
And Maaad, in answer to your question, no I have nothing against womens breast, I think they're one of the most beatiful and natural things on the human body (a womans that is - not man boobs!).

I'm quite happy to go topless, but in places I know it's acceptable.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 27, 2006
jenny21 wrote:so the is a lot of g-strings but i'm not allowed 2 go topless?

Well actually, the only place you prolly can go topless is in a place called Karama. Its not very far from the creek. :wink:
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

May 27, 2006
Hahahaha, yeah if you want to get mobbed in a side alley!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 27, 2006
C'mon now, this aint the bronx.
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

May 27, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Just a normal sized bikini or swim suit. Take a sarong to wrap around when the nutters start to stare though. It happens all the time. But I've seen women lately with the smallest thongs and it just looks awful and people can't help staring. An interesting article on this subject was published recently where workers gave their opinions on women on the beaches and guy was quoted as saying, 'If I come to the beach and I'm presented with a half naked woman, of course I'm going to stare! I can't help it!'

For many of us who come from other countries, to wear what we do on the beach or not as the case may be is totally normal. But you're not in a normal environment here. People come from places where women are covered from head to toe, you see ladies wearing full abayas and veils to the beach, so what do you think? It's a crazy mix an we do not have the right to force people accept our way of living.

Even in hotels people can find small swim wear offensive.

For you it might seem normal, but stop and think about the embarrassement you might be causing someone else.

well it's crazy to go topless on a public beach in dubai , just i was wondering what is the "normal " thing to wear. :wink: thanks for the info
and i do agree with u that as long as u r a "guest " in a muslim country u must at least show some respect for their values...and it's common sense not to shake ur bootie in a g string in front of kids and families where the woman is all covered up! :roll:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

May 27, 2006
Karama? Oh yeah try telling that to the shop keepers terrorised by a gang of school kids beating them with metal bars last week.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 27, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Karama? Oh yeah try telling that to the shop keepers terrorised by a gang of school kids beating them with metal bars last week.

hahah ya i read that !! those kids watch too much fiffy cent !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 27, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Karama? Oh yeah try telling that to the shop keepers terrorised by a gang of school kids beating them with metal bars last week.

Dammit choc, you're supposed to go along with me on this.
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

May 27, 2006
the Question posted; Can girls wear tongs on the beach? can be answered: Yes. However the most important question is: Should They? I submit the answers is almost always: Absolutely Not. Most of these women wearing thongs (forget the religious angle) should not even be wearing full body suits (they should invest time on mirrors). At least most of the one's I've seen in Dubai Beaches. I think they are more daring once in Dubai as no one they know is likely to run into them and burst out laughing...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 27, 2006
Also true.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 27, 2006
Concord wrote:the Question posted; Can girls wear tongs on the beach? can be answered: Yes. However the most important question is: Should They? I submit the answers is almost always: Absolutely Not. Most of these women wearing thongs (forget the religious angle) should not even be wearing full body suits (they should invest time on mirrors). At least most of the one's I've seen in Dubai Beaches. I think they are more daring once in Dubai as no one they know is likely to run into them and burst out laughing...

in the usa i saw young women who were ssssooooooo fat, that i would lock myself in the house if i were like that. still they had stretch miniskirts on, and so easy and natural about theirselves that u coulnd not judge them.
yet on the beach is different. one has to look at all that fat meat waveing up and down. :roll:
on the other hand, near a big fat as.s all the rest seem like tiny botties. :lol: :lol: :lol:
raidah

May 27, 2006

The saddest part of that story was when the principal identified the kids he asked that they not be punished until after their exams :shock: :shock:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat