Can Anyone Home A Kitten?

Topic locked
Can anyone home a kitten? Aug 31, 2010
At the club where I do watersports, they are inundated with kittens at the moment. They get fed and watered by the staff, but they are soon to move to a location and al the cats will pretty much be left to fend for themselves.

If anyone could home or foster any of these cats/kittens please let me know, or if you have any suggestions also.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Can anyone home a kitten? Aug 31, 2010
Chocoholic wrote:At the club where I do watersports, they are inundated with kittens at the moment. They get fed and watered by the staff, but they are soon to move to a location and al the cats will pretty much be left to fend for themselves.

If anyone could home or foster any of these cats/kittens please let me know, or if you have any suggestions also.

Love to, but the Hounds of the Baskervillas would see them as packed lunch!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Can anyone home a kitten? Sep 01, 2010
Princess Bananahamock took one home last night - we won't be seeing her for a while!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Princess Bananahamock took one home last night - we won't be seeing her for a while!

The Princess or the kitten?
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

:lol: Very droll Ambassador, I had to come back to this one :lol:
Dillon
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Ms Bananahamock - she is going to turn into a crazy cat lady lol
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I did the cute pu55y gag on FB!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: Can anyone home a kitten? Sep 10, 2010
i've wanted a kitty for a while now. i even got offered a few, but they were too old. I had kittens before and in my experience the younger you home them, the better. I'd like ideally a female, 3-5 weeks old. a kitty that started eating by herself, maybe using the litter tray and so on, but if I have to bottle feed, that is also fine.
if you know of any such kitty abandoned and in need for a home, pls let me know. I already have toys, food, a comfy bed, all I need now is the kitty to sleep in it:)
raidah

Re: Can Anyone Home A Kitten? Sep 10, 2010
Hi raidah! We miss you!

You should check with Al Barsha Clinic near MOE, because sometimes people bring cats to them who need a home. I got my second cat there.

Chocs, if there is a colony of cats there you can likely get Feline Friends to arrange to collect them for catch, sterilize and release. The cats may not all have a home, but at least they won't keep making hundreds of babies that will suffer on the streets.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Can anyone home a kitten? Sep 11, 2010
er Raidah, please note that kittens should not be taken away from their mother until they are at least 8 weeks old. You won't find one that young, nor is it fair to have one that young as they still need their mothers milk.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Can anyone home a kitten? Sep 11, 2010
You could always try your local chinese but I wouldn't imagine they'd be interested until the kitties were around 1-1.5kg either! :)
Dillon

Re: Can Anyone Home A Kitten? Sep 11, 2010
kanelli wrote:Hi raidah! We miss you!

You should check with Al Barsha Clinic near MOE, because sometimes people bring cats to them who need a home. I got my second cat there.

Chocs, if there is a colony of cats there you can likely get Feline Friends to arrange to collect them for catch, sterilize and release. The cats may not all have a home, but at least they won't keep making hundreds of babies that will suffer on the streets.

hey hon, I've been around actually, just not very active. while at work, hands are full, I hardly ever even check my mail. when at home, I try to relax and stay away from the laptop.

i did check the one behind MOE and they did not have any kitties, can you believe that? that is good I guess.
bf just left the house, I told him as he drives he should keep his eyes on the side streets and if he sees a kitty, grab and bring it home :D
raidah

Re: Can Anyone Home A Kitten? Sep 12, 2010
That's sort of how we found our first one - he was hiding under our car after sleeping there during the night. He was starving and I could see his bones. He came up to me and liked being held, so I knew he had been in someone else's house before and wasn't totally feral. It was probably a case where their cat had kittens and they just turfed the unwanted kittens out. We took him to the vet as soon as possible and his blood tests came back negative for feline HIV and rabies. We gave him deworming meds in case he had worms, vaccinations of course, and flea treatment because he did have fleas. After he was 6 months old we had him neutered. It is sometimes a challenge to "parent" this cat, because he's domestic but still has a bit of a wild streak in him, but we love him very much! Good luck finding a kitty!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Re: Can anyone home a kitten? Sep 12, 2010
Al Barsha vets had a kitten looking for a home when I was in there last week. Did you have a look in their book on the reception?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:er Raidah, please note that kittens should not be taken away from their mother until they are at least 8 weeks old. You won't find one that young, nor is it fair to have one that young as they still need their mothers milk.

I was also thinking that they had to be a little older then 5 weeks, not that I know that much about our furry friends
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:er Raidah, please note that kittens should not be taken away from their mother until they are at least 8 weeks old. You won't find one that young, nor is it fair to have one that young as they still need their mothers milk.

I was also thinking that they had to be a little older then 5 weeks, not that I know that much about our furry friends

The absolute minimum is 6 weeks, but it's not recommended. None of the vets or shelters will let you take one any younger than that.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Here's one for RC
Why did the litter of communist kittens become capitalists? Because they finally opened their eyes.

What do you call a kitten that gets passed from owner to owner? A chain litter. :bounce:
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Here's one for RC
Why did the litter of communist kittens become capitalists? Because they finally opened their eyes.

What do you call a kitten that gets passed from owner to owner? A chain litter. :bounce:

The question on everyone's lips: Was Lenin's dog a Communist son of a b1tch?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:Here's one for RC

The question on everyone's lips: Was Lenin's dog a Communist son of a b1tch?

Knight

And is Karl Marx's tomb a communist plot? :lol:
Dillon

A Russian General inspects his military unit deep in the desert. In the evening he asks if there are any women. His Colonel waives him to a shed.
The General opens the door but sees only camels . Several days pass and the General is so deperate he goes to the shed where he makes passionate love to one of the camels.

The Colonel is impressed: Wow, comrade General, you are tough!!! We usually use those to take us to the nearest village.
Bethsmum

In a block of flats in Moscow on the 25th floor, Olga asks her husband, Oleg; "Go to the kitchen and connect the proton with the neutron!"

Oleg goes to the kitchen to do so... Suddenly there’s a bone crunching thud and Oleg starts cursing; "Blyat! … I fell over the pig's chain again!"

:lol:
Dillon

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat