Boys Night Out Final Thread

Topic locked
Boys night out final thread Aug 27, 2006
Guys, time to finalise.

Date - This Thursday
Venue - DK to pm his 'plan'
Attire - Tuxedos were discussed, we need to look flash.

Add your name to the list

> Ian
> Wafaey the Lobster Gobbler
> Constantine
> Dubai Knight

I was too hungover on saturday to remember who else was in.

Don't forget the bear Waf!

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 28, 2006
Back and in.

PS - glad you posted a "final" thread Ian. Would be a right pain trying to filter through over a week's worth of dribble in the other one.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 28, 2006
Is it going to turn into a Jack and Jill night? During the last brunch there was some talk of that.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 28, 2006
fayz wrote:Is it going to turn into a Jack and Jill night? During the last brunch there was some talk of that.

No, I think we meet up the next day to discuss our shenanigans over brunch if people are interested.
^ian^

Aug 28, 2006
Count me in and let me know the venue please.

Cheers
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 28, 2006
have done the reseach on the stretch caddillac limo...for one hour it will cost us 500 dirhams for 3 hours 1000 dirhams...need to see if you guys are ok with this idea...DK and me were talking yesterday...and seemed to find it an interesting way to travel...perhaps for an hour...any thoughts?
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 28, 2006
constantine wrote:have done the reseach on the stretch caddillac limo...for one hour it will cost us 500 dirhams for 3 hours 1000 dirhams...need to see if you guys are ok with this idea...DK and me were talking yesterday...and seemed to find it an interesting way to travel...perhaps for an hour...any thoughts?

Ouch! Well, we'd need to get the numbers up to spread the cost. If we get over 10 people, I'd pay 100 dh for the 3 hours of fun.
^ian^

Aug 28, 2006
Can libations be had in said vehicle, if yay then the price point would be that much more attractive.

PS I really want to come but I have family planning to visit from AD for Labour day weekend if they don’t arrive until Friday I’m in for sure, should know by tomorrow at the latest.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Re: Boys night out final thread Aug 28, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Guys, time to finalise.

Date - This Thursday
Venue - DK to pm his 'plan'
Attire - Tuxedos were discussed, we need to look flash.

Add your name to the list

> Ian
> Wafaey the Lobster Gobbler
> Constantine
> Dubai Knight

Lionheart
Le-serpant-rouge

:lol: :lol:
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 28, 2006
Crap, can't make it. No permisson and besides, not old enough to drink (on the odd chance there might be drinking involved). Next time...
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 28, 2006
Concord wrote:Crap, can't make it. No permisson and besides, not old enough to drink (on the odd chance there might be drinking involved). Next time...

Are you serious? There won't be any debates about vicarious liability!

Also Dale, people need to respond on their own behalf, not roped into it by anyone else. This is serious stuff.
^ian^

Aug 28, 2006
Guys, I think I can get us a stretch Hummer limo at those prices.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 28, 2006
constantine wrote:have done the reseach on the stretch caddillac limo...for one hour it will cost us 500 dirhams for 3 hours 1000 dirhams...need to see if you guys are ok with this idea...DK and me were talking yesterday...and seemed to find it an interesting way to travel...perhaps for an hour...any thoughts?

What will be the function of the Limo, just for a ride around town, or to pick or drop people off?.
To be honest I wouldn't be very interested in just riding around town.
If we are going to taste some beverages I will be coming in a taxi, so pick-up or drop off would be interesting. Any thoughts?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 28, 2006
Its for the whole atmo for the night out S&O. How often would we do something like this? Not very.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 28, 2006
Yes, and don't forget your Tux.
^ian^

Aug 28, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Yes, and don't forget your Tux.

Don't have one here, sorry.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 28, 2006
sage & onion wrote:

Rent one, cheap as doritos.
^ian^

Aug 28, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Ian
are you renting one...gotta sort that out with DK...if you are perhaps i can tag on with ya
constantine

Aug 28, 2006
constantine wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Ian
are you renting one...gotta sort that out with DK...if you are perhaps i can tag on with ya

Yeah I saw a particularly me one in Al Dhayifa on the weekend. I'll give you a call later and perhaps we can have a suiting up session tomorrow night?

Can't say they'd be a lot to rent at this time of year.
^ian^

Aug 28, 2006
constantine wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Ian

Hey guys,

Sorry I was thinking you were going in for a meal few drinks etc., riding around in a stretch limo wearing a tux will not really be my kind of thing. Sorry but count me out for this one.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 28, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
constantine wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Ian

Hey guys,

Sorry I was thinking you were going in for a meal few drinks etc., riding around in a stretch limo wearing a tux will not really be my kind of thing. Sorry but count me out for this one.

What's the problem? Every good driver has a tux :)
^ian^

Aug 28, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
constantine wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Ian

Hey guys,

Good Memory Ian,

I was however considering doing my driver thing for the ladies night out in my Birthday Suit, hahahahahahahaha.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 28, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
constantine wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Ian

Hey guys,

Good Memory Ian,

I was however considering doing my driver thing for the ladies night out in my Birthday Suit, hahahahahahahaha.

It'll be fun, and we'll look like a bunch of high profile knobs cruising around in our stretch hummer, and we are guaranteed to be let in *anywhere* - VIP treatment and all.

It is part of the plan.
^ian^

Aug 28, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Yeah I saw a particularly me one in Al Dhayifa on the weekend. I'll give you a call later and perhaps we can have a suiting up session tomorrow night?

sounds good...DK is also meanwhile trying to sort me out...so would be worthwhile if you co ordinated with him too...might save u a trip perhaps
Can't say they'd be a lot to rent at this time of year.[/quote]
constantine

Aug 28, 2006
OK guys,

There is a rental place in Diyafah Street, will be checking out prices and availability in the morning. If you have black trousers already, then just rent a DJ and have a white shirt handy. Bow-tie can be obtained from many outlets for a miniscule fee. Perhaps the whackiest and most innovative could be awarded a small token of our esteem? It will undoubtedly be in liquid form!

If I remember rightly, some beverages are available in the stretch Hummer, however we can always take our own 'sparking grape based poison' to live up proceedings. The idea of the limo is to collect us from the first point of meeting and take us on a short tour, before depositing us at the second point of call...after that everything is in close proximity!

There is a special venue planned for the last point of call and its definitely VIP!

Someone asked about the carriage of cameras and I think it might be an idea..however release of any imagery will be strictly governed! Get your names on the list as this is going to be the ultimate BNO in one of the most blingy and trashiest stylees possible! Shades compulsary!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Aug 28, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
Concord wrote:Crap, can't make it. No permisson and besides, not old enough to drink (on the odd chance there might be drinking involved). Next time...

Are you serious? There won't be any debates about vicarious liability!

Sorry. I'm sure "N_ _ _" would be happy to discuss that and the Magna Carta for at least 14 hours - at a high decibel range at that :wink: I can be arranged, you know :lol:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 28, 2006
^ian wrote:Also Dale, people need to respond on their own behalf, not roped into it by anyone else. This is serious stuff.

Thanks ian I've been trying to figure out who "Lionheart" and
"Le-serpant-rouge" were. Now I know! :roll: Dale, any protests will be to no avail :o
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 28, 2006
Sorry can't make it.
I'll try to catch u guys later. :cry: :cry:
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 28, 2006
count me in .... but i aint wearin no tuxs.... !!! its 41 degrees out here :wink:
torontonion
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 28, 2006
torontonion wrote:count me in .... but i aint wearin no tuxs.... !!! its 41 degrees out here :wink:

where abt toronto?
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat