Blood

Topic locked
Blood Oct 07, 2006
Has anyone got any advice on how to get blood stains out of clothes?

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 07, 2006
Tsk tsk.
Now what have you gone and done? ;)
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 07, 2006
ineedacoolnick wrote:Tsk tsk.
Now what have you gone and done? ;)

Well, if you really must know, when myself and some friends left the Irish Village on thursday night, some idiot pushed one of my friends (large bloke) who in turn flew into me, and I went flying into the bushes and hit my head on a tree.

After that things are a bit blurry, but I have a shirt which is literally covered in a massive amount of blood. I soaked it, but it's still pretty badly stained.

You should see the tree though heh. :-/
^ian^

Oct 07, 2006
dont use warm or hot water Ian - blood needs to be soaked in Cold water.

here ya go mate

Blood - Pre-soak in cold or warm water water at least 30 minutes. If stain remains, soak in lukewarm ammonia water (15 ml. per litre of water). Rinse. If stain remains, work in detergent and wash, using bleach safe for fabric.
Blood stains, if fresh, may be removed by washing in cold water. If hard and dry steep for a few hours in cold water, to which add a pinch of baking soda. Washing and bleaching will finish the process. Never put blood stains in hot water.
arniegang

Oct 07, 2006
and/or this

Soak in salted cold water, or warm detergent solution. Wash in the usual manner. Stubborn stains can be soaked in hydrogen peroxide solution (20 volume strength diluted 1 part to 4 parts water) plus a few drops of ammonia.

For blood stains which have been set and/or washed in, dampen the stain with warm - not hot - water and cover with UNSEASONED meat tenderizer, making a paste. N.B. The seasoned variety can leave a stain from the seasoning. Cover with wet paper towel and let sit several hours or overnight, keeping it damp if possible. This will break down the blood just as it does to meat fibres. Rinse off the past, spray with ammonia- water solution or commercial pre-wash spray and launder as normal as soon as possible.
arniegang

Re: Blood Oct 07, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Has anyone got any advice on how to get blood stains out of clothes?

Do not use hot water, coz blood has protein and hot water cook the protein just like egg white and the egg white stain cannot be removed. Normal soak or detergent can wash the blood stain off easiy.
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Blood Oct 07, 2006
FeiPo wrote:
^ian^ wrote:Has anyone got any advice on how to get blood stains out of clothes?

Do not use hot water, coz blood has protein and hot water cook the protein just like egg white and the egg white stain cannot be removed. Normal soak or detergent can wash the blood stain off easiy.

OK. but this wasn't just a splatter, it's more of a soaking.

Unless I can find meat tenderiser, I might have to ditch my shirt.
^ian^

Oct 07, 2006
put in salty luke warm water and rub briskly let drip dry i lernt tht frm my milatry experiance
westside
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 07, 2006
Thanks. I got one hell of a headache out of it too.
^ian^

Oct 07, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Thanks. I got one hell of a headache out of it too.

just buy a new one!!!
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 07, 2006
FeiPo wrote:
^ian^ wrote:Thanks. I got one hell of a headache out of it too.

just buy a new one!!!

What the shirt or the head?

The head I'm rather fond of, and the shirt I kind of like too (plus it wasn't cheap).
^ian^

Oct 08, 2006
Never use hot water, always cold.

Arnies advice btw is good
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Blood Oct 08, 2006
just yous clorex it 100% well remove the blood from cloth
r3ay-alborsh
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Blood Oct 08, 2006
r3ay-alborsh wrote:
just yous clorex it 100% well remove the blood from cloth

Yes but it's not white, it's bright green.

I might take it to the dry cleaners and see what they can do. Hopefully I won't need to explain it to them.
^ian^

Oct 08, 2006
did you go to the doctor?
Mint Tulip
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 08, 2006
Mint Tulip wrote:did you go to the doctor?

No, apart from a clump of hair and a bit of blood/scalp, I was relatively fine, fortunately I have a hard head.

I was not very impressed though, it wasn't a case of boys being boys, it was someone being an idiot (not me for a change - always a bonus) and I was just in the road.
^ian^

Oct 08, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
Mint Tulip wrote:did you go to the doctor?

No, apart from a clump of hair and a bit of blood/scalp, I was relatively fine, fortunately I have a hard head.

I was not very impressed though, it wasn't a case of boys being boys, it was someone being an idiot (not me for a change - always a bonus) and I was just in the road.

You mean it was a bona fide fight? :shock: assault? If so, I hope that the idiot who did this is in jail, it involved an injury afterall, serious stuff.
Mint Tulip
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 08, 2006
Mint Tulip wrote:You mean it was a bona fide fight? :shock: assault? If so, I hope that the idiot who did this is in jail, it involved an injury afterall, serious stuff.

Well, not really, we Australians just tend to brush these things off.
^ian^

Oct 08, 2006
Napisan. Although I dunno about using it on something that isnt white already.
boomtown
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 08, 2006
I hope you are feeling better now Ian !

Get well soon
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 08, 2006
Hi Ian,
Did you get the blood out of your shirt? Hope so, all good advise from the crew.
Hope you are okay, and mending. Sounds like you hit the tree pretty hard! Sorry to hear about your incident. Hope you get better soon.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat