Black Point System SUCKS!!!

Topic locked
Black Point System SUCKS!!! Feb 27, 2008
a way to get vehicles out of the road and void traffic congestions so they came up with this ...

Better get yourself a cycle :P

abdulnafees
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 27, 2008
Well I am sure there is a penalty for endangering yourself by riding a cycle on the roads of dubai.
Dubaidude007
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 27, 2008
Only sux if you're a bad driver or break the laws
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Black Point System SUCKS!!! Feb 27, 2008
abdulnafees wrote:a way to get vehicles out of the road and void traffic congestions so they came up with this ...

if it makes the road safer, they can get the vehicles off the road, and keep them there.
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 27, 2008
It's more for driver safety than anything else. Don't know where you got traffic congestion from. There is still a lot mroe they can and should do.
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 27, 2008
the local community will still be the same cuz if you collect the result of all these deaths there will be locals behind it..

The money is not a problem for them its problem for middle class who would the victim of these laws and rules without actually doing it.

Nothing will change ...

its all about the 70% raise if you get what i mean

PEACE & CHEERS!!!
abdulnafees
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Black Point System SUCKS!!! Feb 27, 2008
abdulnafees wrote:a way to get vehicles out of the road and void traffic congestions so they came up with this ...

This is nothing compared to the system in the UK
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 27, 2008
I think the bottom line is: STOP DRIVING LIKE A D**K! Today I saw a wreck on Oud Metha..numerous SUVS, one was on fire and completely gutted..guess we'll read tomorrow who died. Everyone at the scene was local, and the fire trucks got there behind me. Hopefully the people got out ok, if not, it would have been party over for them. The new fines are nothing compared to most countries. Impounding the vehicles is great, banning driving is better!

I tried something today that I read on here ages ago. Some jackass was tailgating me, dodging in and out of traffic, acting like a total menace. After he overtook me on the right cutting off a van, I stuck my phone out the window so he could see it in the rear-view. When we came to a dead stop at the Dubailand R/A, he came to my window and apologized and asked me not to tell about his behaviour. The irony, after driving like a weiner like that along Emirates Road, he ended up BEHIND me! The video wasn't running, just wanted to give him a scare...guess it worked.

You know what's funny, half this behavior would get you beaten up at the next red light in most places.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Feb 27, 2008
dubaidog wrote:I think the bottom line is: STOP DRIVING LIKE A D**K! Today I saw a wreck on Oud Metha..numerous SUVS, one was on fire and completely gutted..guess we'll read tomorrow who died. Everyone at the scene was local, and the fire trucks got there behind me. Hopefully the people got out ok, if not, it would have been party over for them. The new fines are nothing compared to most countries. Impounding the vehicles is great, banning driving is better!

I tried something today that I read on here ages ago. Some jackass was tailgating me, dodging in and out of traffic, acting like a total menace. After he overtook me on the right cutting off a van, I stuck my phone out the window so he could see it in the rear-view. When we came to a dead stop at the Dubailand R/A, he came to my window and apologized and asked me not to tell about his behaviour. The irony, after driving like a weiner like that along Emirates Road, he ended up BEHIND me! The video wasn't running, just wanted to give him a scare...guess it worked.

You know what's funny, half this behavior would get you beaten up at the next red light in most places.

I suppose it may of worked, however how many hands did you have on the wheel and what direction were your eyes looking in?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 27, 2008
We were at a dead stop. That was the point.....he was looking at his rear-view, side-view, everywhere looking for his next victim.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Feb 27, 2008
dubaidog wrote:We were at a dead stop. That was the point.....he was looking at his rear-view, side-view, everywhere looking for his next victim.

OK got yah, however what you said before was that you came to a stop after you started with the phone, that was the reason I questioned.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 27, 2008
No worries, traffic was stop-n-go as the traffic lights changed. Every time traffic moved a hundred meters, this guy drove like he was fleeing the plague. I've been driving 20 years with no fines or accidents (touch wood). I am always looking for the other guy. It is losers like this that kill people and themselves. The funny thing is, he was driving a small Toyota and dancing with vehicles way bigger that can't stop that fast. Some people just don't get it!
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Feb 28, 2008
Listen and listen well. If there's one thing that I've learnt about driving her ein Dubai it's this...

"They are all in a terrible hurry to drive badly"

Hence why they're always speeding, tailgating, tooting horns, failing to indicate and flashing their lights. They have an appontment with a crash that they are way late for.
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 28, 2008
basically the only complainers are shit drivers...

if you drive within speed, indicate properly, head check everytime you change lanes and all the rest of it like any civilised human being you wont be losing any black points - so whats the fuss?
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat