Best Car Parking Spot In Dubai

Topic locked
Best car parking spot in Dubai Jun 21, 2009
I will be going away on vacation for 2 weeks and am flying from DXB. As I live in Abu Dhabi, I will need to park my car (and not in Dubai airport due to the high charges) :P

I guess I will have to park not too close to the airport (as taxis may refuse the short ride), so I am thinking of parking my car somewhere close to Wafi or the Creek park,.

So, can anyone confirm whether:

1) It is allowed to keep a car in public for 2 weeks with a car cover on?

2) Is there a better free place I can try to park my car in? I got the impression that most of Garhoud has paid parking.....so thats why I will keep my car in Bur Dubai

BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Best car parking spot in Dubai Jun 21, 2009
BlackburnRovers wrote:I will be going away on vacation for 2 weeks and am flying from DXB. As I live in Abu Dhabi, I will need to park my car (and not in Dubai airport due to the high charges) :P

I guess I will have to park not too close to the airport (as taxis may refuse the short ride), so I am thinking of parking my car somewhere close to Wafi or the Creek park,.

2) Is there a better free place I can try to park my car in? I got the impression that most of Garhoud has paid parking.....so thats why I will keep my car in Bur Dubai

2 weeks is rather a long time, you will run the risk of having it removed.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Best car parking spot in Dubai Jun 21, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
BlackburnRovers wrote:I will be going away on vacation for 2 weeks and am flying from DXB. As I live in Abu Dhabi, I will need to park my car (and not in Dubai airport due to the high charges) :P

2 weeks is rather a long time, you will run the risk of having it removed.

Park it around Rashidiya...free parking and quite close to the Airport..and no risks there..or as a second option try Ghausis...same again..free parking ( in some areas) and no risk...hope this helps
Good Luck

:wink:
Scorpion King
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 22, 2009
There is actually a free parking lot next to the airport. To get to it, take the right turn just before the pedestrian footbridge after you've take the airport turning on the Garhoud bridge. Then carry on straight until you get to a bend (near the airport staff carpark), past that bend is a huge sand parking area.

I've used it a number of times but never for more than 10 days. Worth trying.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 24, 2009
Try to park your car after Terminal 1 take right turn (towards Rashidya) and in any of the street you may park your car. or just go ahead untill the last signal take u turn and you will find Dubai Duty Free Shop, park your car there, huge parking space.
krfm
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 24, 2009
I have parked my car several times in Ghusais. Exact spot.... in front of Nihal building near Dubai Grand Hotel. Absolutely safe. Have kept it there for over a month
DPS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jun 24, 2009
Thanks y'all for the tips, I think I will try in Rashidiya close to the Airport parking. If that doesnt work I will check in my luggage and then park my car somewhere !
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 26, 2009
Tried to look for that spot but could not find it. I am flying next week so did some research since the parking at airport is very very expensive
qwert97
Dubai Forum Visitor

undefined Apr 01, 2015
Are there any more recent suggestions? AED 240 per day at T3 is quite a lot (extortionate?) and for 3 days it would cost the same to take a taxi from AD and back.
SteveD53
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat