I bet it will not take longer than 10 min on a reply from your side
:D

M!
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 21, 2008
M! wrote:my Dear, that was quick :!:
I bet it will not take longer than 10 min on a reply from your side
:D

Hahahaha Did you mean "I just certified the fact that I am a woman...and one of them?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Awww what was I thinking!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 22, 2008
maximusprime wrote:you will have to wear black from head to tow, you cant drive or work and you'll get stoned to death for picking up hot men. Alcohol is punishable by death too.

LOL :lol:

Beware 50% of that is True.
SicnarFranciS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 22, 2008
A quick tale from the archives:

Whilst filling up at about 11.00pm one night at an EPPCO station a few years ago in Rashidiya, a blacked out 4x4 with no lights on, creeps onto the forecourt at about 1km per hour, weaves its way up to the shop front and only stops because the front wheels hit the kerb.

It just sits there for a bit and all the pump attendants start to get worried in case the person inside has been taken sick. One of them plucks up courage and taps on the window.

The window rolls down to reveal a woman, in complete black out cover..wearing sunglasses! At night!

She had driven like this from Abu Dhabi!

Apparently she came to visit a friend in Dubai but had 'borrowed' her brother's car. She had no licence and was 14 years old! She thought that if she did not turn the lights and covered herself up completely, no-one would be able to see her and tell her brother.

Women drivers?

:shock: :shock: 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 23, 2008
Hmmm...

Ok I will take the opportunity to share my "woman driving" experience 2 years ago.

I came from Wafi Mall approaching the intersection. I was in the middle lane of the three lane road. Being the first car, I headed directly as I've seen the green light more prominent than red. Went past straight, it was too late when I noticed that both cars driving parallel me stopped. Then a sudden screeching brake from the taxi heading really fast -- directed to me. Had the time to think, calculate and decide in an instant...reflexes as they call it. I was even waiting forever for the crash -- time literally stopped even if it's just a matter of few seconds...then boom!

My car suddenly released smoke in front. Hahaha I'll never forget my reaction.....

Imagine a woman in white skirt, pink spaghetti strap top, pink stiletto shoes...running in the bloody intersection as far as she can because she's thinking "sh!t my car will explode, I have to run as fast and as far away as I can!!" (with all the people in the car stuck around watching her). Hahahahaha ;)

The guard of the Health Care city came running after me, being so helpful "Your car, you have to put off the engine..."
My answer while still shaking "No way, I am not going near that car, it might explode!!!"

Hahahahaha....if I am to video one incident of my life, that would be it.

Atleast I have an excuse...I am a woman

No, it doesn't happen everyday....it's just that probably I watched a lot of stup!d movies wherein car actually explodes!

Hahahahaha :)

I left my car with the engine on, my wallet, bag, mobile inside....
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 23, 2008
Probably the most sensible thing to do if you are driving a Yank Tank or a NaziMatic.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 23, 2008
What I understand is exploding cars are very rare. Its the exception, rather than the rule.

farthestpoint wrote:Hmmm...

Ok I will take the opportunity to share my "woman driving" experience 2 years ago.

I came from Wafi Mall approaching the intersection. I was in the middle lane of the three lane road. Being the first car, I headed directly as I've seen the green light more prominent than red. Went past straight, it was too late when I noticed that both cars driving parallel me stopped. Then a sudden screeching brake from the taxi heading really fast -- directed to me. Had the time to think, calculate and decide in an instant...reflexes as they call it. I was even waiting forever for the crash -- time literally stopped even if it's just a matter of few seconds...then boom!

My car suddenly released smoke in front. Hahaha I'll never forget my reaction.....

Imagine a woman in white skirt, pink spaghetti strap top, pink stiletto shoes...running in the bloody intersection as far as she can because she's thinking "sh!t my car will explode, I have to run as fast and as far away as I can!!" (with all the people in the car stuck around watching her). Hahahahaha ;)

The guard of the Health Care city came running after me, being so helpful "Your car, you have to put off the engine..."
My answer while still shaking "No way, I am not going near that car, it might explode!!!"

No, it doesn't happen everyday....it's just that probably I watched a lot of stup!d movies wherein car actually explodes!

Pike
Dubai Forums Member

Sep 23, 2008
Pike wrote:What I understand is exploding cars are very rare. Its the exception, rather than the rule.

farthestpoint wrote:Hmmm...

Unless you live in Baghdad, Delhi or Belfast...

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Sep 23, 2008
Hahahahaha :) Cars don't explode!

Knew it right after the incident because my friends made fun of me.
farthestpoint
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 23, 2008
maximusprime wrote:lighten up guys I was joking. I forgot people in this part of the world haven't quite figured out the whole humor thing yet (or addresses for that matter). Dubai is fine for women. dont do anything stupid and you'll be fine (seems to be a hard rule to follow for the brits though!). Just repect the locals blah blah blah (meaning keep your mouth shut when they jump in front of you in line or run you off the road in their land yachts).

All kidding aside, Dubai can be a fun place to be. You can drink all you want, just dont do anything stupid, Im sure you can find a "hot western" cowboy to keep you warm at night, but dont go for a screw on the beach or it could cost you about six years. Seriously, just use some common sense.

So glad i didn't add that you have to clean my Villa for free the first 6 months and that includes a full body massage LOL i would have been ousted ! All kidding aside.. i will take the massage though :)
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 12, 2008
maximusprime wrote:you will have to wear black from head to tow, you cant drive or work and you'll get stoned to death for picking up hot men. Alcohol is punishable by death too.

He he he...

ex londoner
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 12, 2008
K-Dog wrote:

I really thought that forum is supposed to help each other out. I know that your either trying to be sarcastic or funny but either way it is a disgrace.

To answer your question, I have been in Dubai for 6 months now. Dubai is the most progressive Middle Eastern country. Its probably 10 times more secure for you as a female than your home country, UK. Females can live however they choose to, however there are certain areas where you want to live as a single western girl. There are tons of bars and nightclubs with no cover charge for females. Although I wouldn't use any bars to meet an opposite s*x member for a serious relationship but you'll have no problem meeting hot men for casual relationships.

I hope this helps. PM me if you have any specific questions/concerns.

thank you and good to see rather decent people..
ex londoner/2nd month in DUbai and a female
muyesser
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 12, 2008
muyesser wrote:
K-Dog wrote:

I really thought that forum is supposed to help each other out. I know that your either trying to be sarcastic or funny but either way it is a disgrace.

To answer your question, I have been in Dubai for 6 months now. Dubai is the most progressive Middle Eastern country. Its probably 10 times more secure for you as a female than your home country, UK. Females can live however they choose to, however there are certain areas where you want to live as a single western girl. There are tons of bars and nightclubs with no cover charge for females. Although I wouldn't use any bars to meet an opposite s*x member for a serious relationship but you'll have no problem meeting hot men for casual relationships.

I hope this helps. PM me if you have any specific questions/concerns.

thank you and good to see rather decent people..
ex londoner/2nd month in DUbai and a female

You can see decent people? Here?

Do you see dead people too?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Oct 14, 2008
Sarcastic + funny = disgraceful ?

I can see dead people and I have their pictures to prove it.

American/not there yet but coming the 22nd/sarcastic female
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2008
Melanie wrote:So glad i didn't add that you have to clean my Villa for free the first 6 months and that includes a full body massage LOL i would have been ousted ! All kidding aside.. i will take the massage though :)

Haha, we'll need to have a few drinks first.

American/9 months so far/M
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 14, 2008
fairy

maximusprime wrote:
Melanie wrote:So glad i didn't add that you have to clean my Villa for free the first 6 months and that includes a full body massage LOL i would have been ousted ! All kidding aside.. i will take the massage though :)

Pike
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 14, 2008
Pike wrote:fairy

maximusprime wrote:

shes a girl you idiot, how does that make me a fairy?
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 14, 2008
OMG I wrote that ? I don't remember writing that at all ! I must of already had alot of drinks ! LOL
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 15, 2008
I didn't type Fairy... I typed ..... S.........L........ U........ (T)
Which makes more sense and perhaps a bit humorous....

I am hoping the system put "fairy" and not some person.... I guess that wold make him/ her idiot.

maximusprime wrote:
Pike wrote:fairy

shes a girl you idiot, how does that make me a fairy?
Pike
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 15, 2008
Ahhhh, it all makes sense now. Yes, the word changer is an idiot.
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 15, 2008
You have it all backwards.. I would be a " fairy" aka " sIut" if I were offering to give the massage LOL
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 15, 2008
Melanie wrote:You have it all backwards.. I would be a " fairy" aka " sIut" if I were offering to give the massage LOL

You would be correct if you were the person I was responding to
Pike
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 15, 2008
Geez, seems you are coming here to have fun and sleep around. Gosh you westerners have no damn ethics - you'll do it with everyone anywhere. And you being a teacher - want to come here and sleep around with hot guys. Which school are you joining? Should get you blacklisted. Some teacher just like you was kicked out of a school in dubai recently. Wouldnt be surprised it was you and youre trying to come back.....
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 15, 2008
michaeldubai wrote:Geez, seems you are coming here to have fun and sleep around. Gosh you westerners have no damn ethics - you'll do it with everyone anywhere. And you being a teacher - want to come here and sleep around with hot guys. Which school are you joining? Should get you blacklisted. Some teacher just like you was kicked out of a school in dubai recently. Wouldnt be surprised it was you and youre trying to come back.....

Different ethics man, dont ram whatever beliefs you have down our throats.
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 16, 2008
michaeldubai wrote:Geez, seems you are coming here to have fun and sleep around. Gosh you westerners have no damn ethics - you'll do it with everyone anywhere. And you being a teacher - want to come here and sleep around with hot guys. Which school are you joining? Should get you blacklisted. Some teacher just like you was kicked out of a school in dubai recently. Wouldnt be surprised it was you and youre trying to come back.....

I hope this is suppose to be a joke. If not you need to improve your reading comprehension. ,,,geez
Pike
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 16, 2008
schools are no good...
einstein wasnt good at his school..
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Oct 30, 2008
Ok finally here in the UAE... and I don't know who is changing what in here but I never offered myself as a s.l.u.t, nor did i claim to be a teacher. either way... someone is goofing around with the replies in here and mixing things up.. Also.. If I were as you claim, a westerner coming here to sleep around ? I don't think I would need to go on a forum and advertise it, nor would I. The only man I sleep with is my husband and he is WHY I moved here. Where did you see that I am a teacher and/or applying at schools here ? Perhaps you need to attend one yourself and get a quick education. And furthermore, who the hell wanted your opinion on anything anyway ? Pike was right.. you have it all wrong. From what I have read from you, you couldn't get laid in a hen house full of W.hores if you were the only rooster.....
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 30, 2008
Melanie wrote:Ok finally here in the UAE... and I don't know who is changing what in here but I never offered myself as a s.l.u.t, nor did i claim to be a teacher. either way... someone is goofing around with the replies in here and mixing things up.. Also.. If I were as you claim, a westerner coming here to sleep around ? I don't think I would need to go on a forum and advertise it, nor would I. The only man I sleep with is my husband and he is WHY I moved here. Where did you see that I am a teacher and/or applying at schools here ? Perhaps you need to attend one yourself and get a quick education. And furthermore, who the hell wanted your opinion on anything anyway ? Pike was right.. you have it all wrong. From what I have read from you, you couldn't get laid in a hen house full of W.hores if you were the only rooster.....

Melanie, nobody called you a slu.t, Pike was calling me a slu.t .... it was the girl who started the thread who is the teacher, read the first post. She want to be a teacher and play cowboys and indians with a western hunk of beefcake.

Anyway, hope you are settling in ok. Should be some good halloween parties this weekend. Im going as a cowboy, where is that 3biscuit girl anyway?
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 30, 2008
Ok thanks for the clarification.. i was so lost LOL and normally i am a great forum watcher, poster and sometimes ringleader. I guess in the huge move and computer having to be replaced etc.. I am ok now :) I am getting settled in, just a huge shock of leaving my beautiful home where I had everything in its place and moving into this huge villa with nothing here from home yet except clothes, shoes, purses and a few items Its not home yet. We did buy a very very beautiful bedroom suite that was delivered here so at least we have that. I will be exploring everything anyone is posting for sale and hopefully finding some good bargains. Paying for 2 households right now is definitely putting a pinch on things but things will pan out. Learning how to drive will be a trick and I'm enjoying the beautiful people i'm seeing out at clubs, restaurants, stores and my first night was incredible. I flew into Dubai arriving after dark and what a beautiful exicting city to fly into. The drive to Al Ain was interesting, learning from the driver how to spot and slow down for the radar and then getting closer into AL Ain.. i saw so many groups of people that were hanging out and having a family outing so late at night really caught my attention. It was relaxing to watch, it made me feel very comfortable. I wanted to stop each time and say hi and ask them who they are, what they talk about etc etc.. wouldn't they have thought I was crazy LOL. I wanted to know everything that night and spent most of my night wondering about everything and wanting to see it and do it all the next day. My husband had to actually fly out my first day here for 3 days and that put a little damper on things but I actually arrived with bronchitis so it was good for me to stay in, relax, catch up on sleep and get used to the time change. I can't wait to meet so many of you.
Melanie
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2008
Mel,

You can stop and talk to them if you like...but they will look at you like you are an alien from the planet Zanussi and possibly not speak any English!

They are all hanging out like that, because they cannot afford to do anything else.

Welcome to the UIE.

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat