DU Being Douchebags/VPN Required

Topic locked
DU being Douchebags/VPN required Nov 17, 2010
The fun was not to last long after having recently upgraded to the 8Mbps line the buggers have started to throttle traffic effectively bringing back my download speeds back to 512kps days. To overcome this one needs a VPN. I used to have a paid one back in the days when ETsalad used to do the same.

Now I can even access the site to reactivate my old VPN account, I used to have a free VPN aswell with DU just in case but thats seems to have been caught on aswell. Since there is much talk VPNs here is there anyone whos gots any ideas. is hotspot still working ? Last time I checked with ETsalad it wasn't dunno bu DU, but the sites are all blocked anyways.

Any Help ? Feel free to PM me any suggestions

Cheers

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: DU being Douchebags/VPN required Nov 18, 2010
Remember peeps, keep any info to DD2 off the public boards please - thanks
arniegang

Re: DU Being Douchebags/VPN Required Nov 18, 2010
Thats why me said PM me details ;)
I've had one PM so far :D
desertdudeshj

Re: DU being Douchebags/VPN required Nov 18, 2010
Re: The DUchebags...I'll post what I can in public and PM the rest. Firstly after moving from Etisalad to DU after moving to the Marina, yes, the bandwidth is throttled. The throttle is generally off after 11:30PM, so let your stuff DL overnight. Hotspot is hit and miss. It works where I am, but will not let you access torrent sites. Hotspot does not work with Etisalat, nor not all DU nodes. If Hotspot works, use it to signup for a paid VPN. PM to follow.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Re: DU Being Douchebags/VPN Required Nov 18, 2010
Yeah, its hitting up again at night. HS shield is working from here, but doesn't make any diff on my D/L speeds.

Here is a thread I found on this topic

http://tbreak.com/forums/index.php?/top ... ults-here/

And Thanks for the forthcomming PM.

Cheers

-- Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:47 pm --

Crap even with a VPN I'm still scraping the bottom end ? Anyone else got the same problems ? my D/L speeds still suck. I tired a few freebie ones aswell and nothing makes a difference ? My only concern are downloads, I really don't need access to anything else.

Any of the suggested ones are know to be working properly with good download speeds ?

Feeling extremely ripped off here, pay for a speedier connection only to have it throttled, whats the point of a faster connection when all you can do is surf the web faster ! Bah !

Now hoping Etisalat comes this way soon !

-- Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:10 am --

A little update
Well an Etisalat fellow came knocking on my door today to hand me some free etisalat device to attach to my landline to make cheaper int calls, I don't make int calls so pretty useless for me. But I did ask him when or if they were ever going to service this area. And he said by Jan all DU areas should have that option.

Now I wait, a prospective Etisalat customer.

Mean while I tried a few VPNs seems like they also don't work, so maybe DU has figured out a way around them aswell. But on the otherhand I have managed to find much better way to get D/L speeds which will max out your connection. No seeding no torrents no nothing needed. If anyone is just intrested in D/Ling. Drop me a line.

Its not free but extremely cheap, cheaper than almost all VPN's. Also this does not bypass any proxies though.

Until then
desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat