It's Been Nice!

Topic locked
It's been nice! Oct 14, 2009
Well, I haven't posted much in the past couple of months.

To those who I've interacted with on this site, it's been great.
I decided to relocate back home recently as I had some opportunities materialize here.

Dubai was a fantastic experience, but it's just not my cup of tea.. I think it was a bit much of a culture shock. I will likely visit again for a vacation, but have no immediate plans to do so.

Hope I didn't rub anyone the wrong way here. I think all comments are taken in jest anyway.

Keeping in line with my usual posting fashion, I leave with a picture. This one taken by me near my home. I'm glad to be back for my favourite time of the year; the fall colours are breathtaking and I've missed them dearly.

Cheers all, I will check in from time to time.
- Dres

dresden
Dubai chat master

Re: It's been nice! Oct 14, 2009
Nice photo, doc. Looks exactly like the area near my "dacha" (a manson 60 km from Moscow). :wink: I miss it.

The same feeling that this Castle on Sand is not my cup of tea.

Hope you'll be Ok in the country of Maple Leaves. 8)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 14, 2009
Well, was wondering where you disappeared to. What a lovely pic. Made me miss home. BTW, where is home for you?

Of course it was all in jest and alot of fun at that. Going to miss my Big Puddy Cat. But that's OK, I have my Big Teddy Bear ^^^^.

Don't have to say I'll miss you if you stay in touch. Wishing you all the very best.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 14, 2009
That's a beautiful photo. Good luck with the new things. I'm waiting mine, hopefully soon.
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 14, 2009
xty wrote:That's a beautiful photo. Good luck with the new things. I'm waiting mine, hopefully soon.

Did something good happen for you? If not, please don't be discouraged. Family member had been out of work 9 months, expecting a baby in December - and just signed a contract yesterday!!! But he was determined not to let the situation get the best of him, and he rode it out. So, hang in there!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 14, 2009
Good luck Dresden and just because you're not here, doesn't mean you have to be a stranger. All the best!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 15, 2009
woww
prasanga077
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 15, 2009
see ya.
G to tha T
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 15, 2009
The place in the pic looks more like a vacation spot. It should have been the other way... work in Dubai and vacation at that place.

Goodluck to you !
coolpista
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 15, 2009
coolpista wrote:The place in the pic looks more like a vacation spot. It should have been the other way... work in Dubai and vacation at that place.

Goodluck to you !

At my taste it should be completely opposite - permanently live there and have a package tour in Dubai for 2 weeks. Oh, wait. 2 weeks are too boring - 1 week is enough.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 15, 2009
Good luck and wish you all the best!
oilandgasjobs
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 15, 2009
Ofcourse Dubai is not home for any of us but I dont dislike Dubai.
coolpista
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 17, 2009
Take it easy Dres.

Enjoyed the picture talks... ;)
Take care in beautiful Canada. (or was it Germany :lol:)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 18, 2009
Enjoy your home. That is a beautiful pic. Canada really is colorful this time of year. Came across some "bears" on the road when I was in the north. They are last years grizzly bear cubs.

canuckbid
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 18, 2009
i live in dubai and i absolutely LOVE IT!! wouldnt leave it except to go home to canada :)
chriscake
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat