Barasti Get's A New Sound System Installed

Topic locked
Barasti get's a new sound system installed Feb 10, 2009

Well, that's what I assume. They're testing it right now and I have the balcony door open and it's louder than the TV. Sheet!

Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Feb 10, 2009
well...something other than as usual rants here....

:D
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Feb 10, 2009
Barasti Rules
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 11, 2009
Barasti sucks! What's with all these new door policies and checking id for everyone! They want photo id now! They don't check date of birth, just to make sure you are who you say you are - WTF! Idiots!

barasti used to be awsome, where you could rock up of the beach in your swimmers and shorts, flops and have a nice beer/wine with some nibbles, now it's gone all pretentious! Bring back the good old days.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 11, 2009
Its for the Fat Boy Slim concert tonight
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 11, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:Barasti sucks! What's with all these new door policies and checking id for everyone! They want photo id now! They don't check date of birth, just to make sure you are who you say you are - WTF! Idiots!

barasti used to be awsome, where you could rock up of the beach in your swimmers and shorts, flops and have a nice beer/wine with some nibbles, now it's gone all pretentious! Bring back the good old days.

Yeah, we had some good times, didn't we? It's good we boycotted that place.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Feb 11, 2009
gtmash wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:Barasti sucks! What's with all these new door policies and checking id for everyone! They want photo id now! They don't check date of birth, just to make sure you are who you say you are - WTF! Idiots!

Was there about a week ago, to be honest, I can't see what all the fuss is about, and hey checking my wifes ID, I started to get a little fussed about that but the guy backed off.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 11, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
gtmash wrote:

Was there about a week ago, to be honest, I can't see what all the fuss is about, and hey checking my wifes ID, I started to get a little fussed about that but the guy backed off.

so its not only me who is ID checked... for a minute I thought I look 10 years younger so they check my ID on every club gate I go to :roll:
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Feb 11, 2009
quatroporte wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
gtmash wrote:

so its not only me who is ID checked... for a minute I thought I look 10 years younger so they check my ID on every club gate I go to :roll:

Hey QP believe me, I am not a youngster and neither is my wife, it's actually profiling that goes on.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Feb 11, 2009
what are they profiling for??
arniegang

Feb 11, 2009
scarlet wrote:Its for the Fat Boy Slim concert tonight

Didn't know that, cool.

It's only 9pm and I can hear lots of punters screaming and yelling. Think I might find out just how good these double-glazed windows are tonight.

Got an early one tomorrow too. "Go to bed!" says grandpa. ;-)
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Feb 11, 2009
OK, update!

fcuk me that is loud. Taste of Praise You then deep deep base that is visible in the scotch in front of me, Jurassic Park style.

Props to whoever made that system. Nuts to work tomorrow :-)
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Feb 11, 2009
Can't be the headliner though, surely?

Who comes on at 9:30? Main act shouldn't start until 1am. ha!

Wondered how the techo acts go here in the UAE, without the flood of Disco Biscuits that would normally follow FBS around. Seems like it's packed though... says the recluse watching from afar :-)

PS: Not in the Barasti proper, it's outside the sailing club or whatever to the south.

Oh, playing fat boy music now, must be him. Right Here, Right Now!
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Feb 11, 2009
Damn, now he's playing Underworld. Blast from my glorious past. Dammit to be nineteen again. That's shit is banging!
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Feb 12, 2009
Managed to get any sleep, Cap? ;)
RobbyG

Feb 12, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Managed to get any sleep, Cap? ;)

Great night's sleep actually. Was it the Windows or the Scotch though? ha!
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat