Back Pain Remedy

Topic locked
Back Pain Remedy Jun 01, 2011
I suffer from severe lower back pain. Can't walk for very long or sit in one place for very long before the pain sets in. I used to go for physio for relief, and it was a pain in the butt. Went 2 times a week for 6 weeks and felt better for a while, but always ended up having to go back.

Well, I was at MOE and stopped into HomesRUs and found a "Thai Stepping Massage Cushion". This cushion is amazing. The backrest has these little "feet" that go up and down and you can massage upper, lower and full back. It also has a heat setting. I can't believe the relief I got from it. It also came with a 25% discount and a vibrating seat. :lol:

If you have back pain or just want a good back massage I highly recommend it.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Back Pain Remedy Jun 01, 2011
That sounds like fun Bora :D
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

I'm sure if you put the backrest flat to the ground you can sit on it. :shock:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:I suffer from severe lower back pain. Can't walk for very long or sit in one place for very long before the pain sets in. I used to go for physio for relief,

Oh sorry to hear that, Im sure you must have insisted on an xray from your physician or got a second opinion, The things you are saying is usually caused by deterioration related to age , usually which can be corrected by going on supplements, But Im sure your pretty much doing that
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

One day waiting for the missus, I thought I'd give those 1dh massage chairs. Goddam it, it was bloody awesome and relaxing. I ended up speding something like 10 or 15 dhs on it. Felt even better as it was a pretty hectic day.

This was in Raha Mall in Abu Dhabi, dunno about the other ones in malls, these had a remote where you can instruct it what you want to do.

Once I popped the coin in, the damn thing came alive and caught my calfs right up to my head. For a moment there it felt like a scence out of a movie when a hapless victime get trapped in one those chairs where clamps pop out and grab the head, arms and legs, but what followed next was totally awesome.

Now I want a massage :?
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:One day waiting for the missus, I thought I'd give those 1dh massage chairs. Goddam it, it was bloody awesome and relaxing. I ended up speding something like 10 or 15 dhs on it. Felt even better as it was a pretty hectic day.

This was in Raha Mall in Abu Dhabi, dunno about the other ones in malls, these had a remote where you can instruct it what you want to do.

Once I popped the coin in, the damn thing came alive and caught my calfs right up to my head. For a moment there it felt like a scence out of a movie when a hapless victime get trapped in one those chairs where clamps pop out and grab the head, arms and legs, but what followed next was totally awesome.

Now I want a massage :?

Considering the kind of tosser you are, shouldn't be too difficult :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Back Pain Remedy Jun 02, 2011
Bora:
You need a massage from a Human, not a robot! Thats most effective :lol:
BTW, I've heard that "back care" is absolutely vitally important for back pain sufferers.
The three basics of Back Care are: 1.Proper Posture. Do not bend your back i.e no flexion of the spine; if you must, then bend at the knees 2. No heavy lifting of any sort for at least 2 months after an episode of Back Pain. The correct way of lifting a weight is holding it close , i.e close to the centre of gravity of your body and 3. An ergonomic good quality Orthopedic mattress.

Back Pain is a very common condition, and there are many causes, and not easily amenable to treatment, hence the plethora of remedies, some pretty weird.
zonker
BANNED

zubber wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:I suffer from severe lower back pain. Can't walk for very long or sit in one place for very long before the pain sets in. I used to go for physio for relief,

Oh sorry to hear that, Im sure you must have insisted on an xray from your physician or got a second opinion, The things you are saying is usually caused by deterioration related to age , usually which can be corrected by going on supplements, But Im sure your pretty much doing that

Smart arse. It's due to a car accident!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

zubber wrote:Oh sorry to hear that, Im sure you must have insisted on an xray from your physician or got a second opinion, The things you are saying is usually caused by deterioration related to age , usually which can be corrected by going on supplements, But Im sure your pretty much doing that

What a load of rubbish Zubber. I've had a bad back since I was 17.
What supplements are going to correct back pain?
The only thing that ever gave me any relief from back pain was pregnancy.

I think Zonker's recommendation of a human massage sounds the best! I've never had a massage, ever.
My friend went for a his and her massage the other night, with her husband. I thought that sounded a bit girlish, to be honest. I like my men to be men.
Bethsmum

Two things I don't have patience for: sitting and having my hair done (a necessity!) and getting a massage. Although, after having both done, I'm happy!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

BM: A MRC (Medical Research Council, UK) trial was conducted some years ago in England to determine the most effective treatment for Back Pain. Most respondents said they were benefited by Chiropractic and Massage therapy. Considering that Back Pain maybe as common as the "common cold", its good to know additional modalities that could be effective.
I feel encouraged that you agree with me.
zonker
BANNED

Backache usually is a result of the spasm of muscles supporting our spine. This occurs due to improper posture, or sudden movements or jerks or repetitive actions. Diseases such as osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, viral infection, and bladder or kidney infection, gynecological problems in women, tumors and trauma can also cause back pain.

http://www.dubaiuseditems.com/
mohid
Dubai Forum User

If BB says it's due to a car accident, then it's likely she has compression in the lower vertebrae. I know what this feels like and it affects the whole spine.

You could try something like the bodybalancers - they look at the root cause of the problem and use various methods to sort it or at least to ease the discomfort.

Unless you suffer from back pain, no one can imagine the sheer discomfort it causes for the entire body. I've suffered all my life due to a birth defect and you get to the point where you ride through and ignore the pain, because you have to. I've found no major solution so far, there are certain things that help. But short of a spinal transplant, I don't have a choice.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Unfortunately rarely does accident related pain completely go away
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:Unfortunately rarely does accident related pain completely go away

Is it Doctor Zubber?
Bethsmum

^^ You catch on quick.
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Back Pain Remedy Jun 03, 2011
zubber wrote:^^ You catch on quick.

Geez! I wouldn't want to visit your practice if I was a gay man/woman! Do you come with a medical warning?
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Geez!

Heez !
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

zubber wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:Geez!

Heez !

Eh?
Bethsmum

Re: Back Pain Remedy Jun 04, 2011
True Zubber and it's usually due to trauma more than anything. Although the human body is incredibly resiliant and can overcome all manner of injuries, sometimes it does just linger. Spinal issues are very complex and sometimes it can be the simplest thing that can cure pain.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:True Zubber and it's usually due to trauma more than anything. Although the human body is incredibly resiliant and can overcome all manner of injuries, sometimes it does just linger. Spinal issues are very complex and sometimes it can be the simplest thing that can cure pain.

Two Ibroprofen and a glass of Chardonnay works wonders for my bad back! :drunken:
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:True Zubber and it's usually due to trauma more than anything. Although the human body is incredibly resiliant and can overcome all manner of injuries, sometimes it does just linger. Spinal issues are very complex and sometimes it can be the simplest thing that can cure pain.

Two Ibroprofen and a glass of Chardonnay works wonders for my bad back! :drunken:

LOL someone else that knows their chemistry! :wink:

But to give you an example, my dad really messed up his back through years of lugging around amplifiers and band equipment, to the point he was looking at spinal fusion, was in the bed, scheduled to have it done and the guy next to him said unless he was in absolutely agony, not to do it. So he didn't. He suffered for many years more, until he found a really good doctor here in Dubai, who actually put specially made insoles in his shoes to rebalance his spine - within weeks the pain was completely gone.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:

LOL someone else that knows their chemistry! :wink:

But to give you an example, my dad really messed up his back through years of lugging around amplifiers and band equipment, to the point he was looking at spinal fusion, was in the bed, scheduled to have it done and the guy next to him said unless he was in absolutely agony, not to do it. So he didn't. He suffered for many years more, until he found a really good doctor here in Dubai, who actually put specially made insoles in his shoes to rebalance his spine - within weeks the pain was completely gone.

Well it's funny you should say that as I had a spinal fusion when I was 17. It didn't really achive anything and my back was as bad for years. The only time it didn't seen to ache as much was when I was pregnant.
After I had my first daughter I went to see someone (I can't remember whether he has a ciropractor or something) and he told me my hip was out of joint. He did some manipulation which rendered me bed ridden for a few days and although I'm not pain free, it's been much better.

I have a very attractive scar from the operation which resembles a train track. Nice!
Bethsmum

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat