BM's Avatar!!!!!!!!!!!

Topic locked
BM's Avatar!!!!!!!!!!! Jan 15, 2011
Uuffff... I finally found a moment to write something!!!:

I don’t think Sage would mind it if I revealed that BM’s banning was due to BM’s refusal to remove her Israeli flag avatar. I think it’s good for other DF members to be aware that something like this is not permissible here at DF.

BM, you know that I have defended your right to free speech. Not just that, I also felt the derogatory terms you used to describe certain people were not really made with true hateful and racist intentions.

But on the latest avatar you used, I find myself siding with Sage. I don’t necessarily agree with the banning part, but that avatar was somewhat distasteful and inflammatory…in a forum like this.

So I urge you to please change it and come back soon… because we love you and we want you to keep this (otherwise dull) joint lively and jolly!!!!

Love and Peace to all!!!

Tom!!!

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: BM's Avatar!!!!!!!!!!! Jan 15, 2011
Tom Jones wrote:Uuffff...

You are female
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote:Uuffff... I finally found a moment to write something!!!:

I don’t think Sage would mind it if I revealed that BM’s banning was due to BM’s refusal to remove her Israeli flag avatar. I think it’s good for other DF members to be aware that something like this is not permissible here at DF.

BM, you know that I have defended your right to free speech. Not just that, I also felt the derogatory terms you used to describe certain people were not really made with true hateful and racist intentions.

But on the latest avatar you used, I find myself siding with Sage. I don’t necessarily agree with the banning part, but that avatar was somewhat distasteful and inflammatory…in a forum like this.

So I urge you to please change it and come back soon… because we love you and we want you to keep this (otherwise dull) joint lively and jolly!!!!

Love and Peace to all!!!

Tom!!!

Tom, we love you hun, but you need to do some catch up. BM is always around, if not actually on DF at least in spirit!!!

If posting an avatar of a talabani, and we know that the taliban are considered terrorists and murderers, and we know that they represent Al Qaeda, which also brings in Islam, which when paired with Al Qaeda gives a negative spin on Islam, and we know what they have done and are capable of doing, is acceptable, how can a flag be considered more offensive?? (excluding our lovely Mr Bean, of course :wink:) I don't think allowing someone to promote the taliban for the sake of humor, cannot be considered equally offensive as viewed by some of the Israeli flag. I would also point out that DDS and Shaf posted the taliban avatar before BM used her flag avatar. (Shaf having the good sense to remove his!!)

This is where a balance needs to come in. If I were the one to have asked BM to remove her avatar because it was viewed (IMO) as being offensive, I would also ask the same of anyone else who put up an avatar that could be viewed (IMO) as offensive. The offense I mention is not one that I would find myself, but as may be seen by a number of members, and potential members.

I believe that the "eyes" that moderators are accommodating might not be in favor of a taliban avatar on a DUBAI forum, as Dubai is not involved in taliban activities and does not support it. If an Israeli flag avatar might be deemed as offensive to the "eyes" upon DF, why not consider that the same "eyes" might find a taliban avatar just as offensive???

Blinders need to be removed and objectivity is needed when deciding, in one's own personal opinion, what is right or wrong, and not allow personal feelings dictate.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

zubber wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:Uuffff...

You are female

LOOOL !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

TJ, BM calling!

May I just correct you on one small point. I did not refuse to change my avator.
The story goes a bit like this. Sage did send me a PM asking me to remove the flag. I asked him why? He didn't elaborate, just said to remove it as it was offensive. I replied wondering who was offended, and pointed out that I found the Taliban reference offensive. He sent me another PM asking me to remove it, to which I replied that I didn't have time as I had an appointment and would do later. When I came to do it later I was banned.

In fact, if I'm honest Sage did me a favour. I didn't like what BM was turning into really. She was being sucked into exchanges with Shaf and DDS that were unsavoury, but such as the person I am, was determinded to have the last say. Sage has broken the cycle for which I'm grateful. I'm not going to be brought down to their level again. I intend to stay firmly away fron Shaf and the political thread and all thoughts of death to all infidels.

Another favour Sage did me was that my new avator would surely have got me a life time ban, as I had fully intended to change it to a cartoon image of the Prophet. Obviously I'm not going to do that now am I? I much prefer my Jessica Rabbit one! She was based on me? Did you know that? :D
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

If posting an avatar of a talabani, and we know that the taliban are considered terrorists and murderers, and we know that they represent Al Qaeda, which also brings in Islam, which when paired with Al Qaeda gives a negative spin on Islam, and we know what they have done and are capable of doing, is acceptable, how can a flag be considered more offensive??

Sorry for my quick butt in chaps...But hey Madam, I am educating myself regarding Taliban and others,so later I may come back with more.. But for the moment this will do us...

Since their rise in 1994, the Taliban have been a source of conflicting opinions. Their opponents have accused them of being created by Pakistan with the support of Saudi Arabia and the US oil company, UNOCAL, to secure trade routes to the Central Asia. Their supporters, on the other hand, hold that the Taliban are a religious and moral force that arose on their own from villages to save Afghans from the terror, lawlessness and corruption of Mujahideen era and to re-unite Afghanistan. The reality, however, seems somewhere in the middle. It is true that the immediate cause of the rise of Taliban was the fighting among Mujahideen groups that had virtually divided Afghanistan in separate fiefdoms resulting in carpet destruction of Kabul, killings of thousands of civilians, and general lawlessness. It is also true that once the Taliban entered the military and political stage, they received support from foreign sources to continue their military march.

http://www.institute-for-afghan-studies ... _kakar.htm

Ohh BTW madam do you really care about who gives a bad name or a negative spin on islam? You know I too read your posts...
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin wrote:
If posting an avatar of a talabani, and we know that the taliban are considered terrorists and murderers, and we know that they represent Al Qaeda, which also brings in Islam, which when paired with Al Qaeda gives a negative spin on Islam, and we know what they have done and are capable of doing, is acceptable, how can a flag be considered more offensive??

Sorry for my quick butt in chaps...But hey Madam, I am educating myself regarding Taliban and others,so later I may come back with more.. But for the moment this will do us...

Since their rise in 1994, the Taliban have been a source of conflicting opinions. Their opponents have accused them of being created by Pakistan with the support of Saudi Arabia and the US oil company, UNOCAL, to secure trade routes to the Central Asia. Their supporters, on the other hand, hold that the Taliban are a religious and moral force that arose on their own from villages to save Afghans from the terror, lawlessness and corruption of Mujahideen era and to re-unite Afghanistan. The reality, however, seems somewhere in the middle. It is true that the immediate cause of the rise of Taliban was the fighting among Mujahideen groups that had virtually divided Afghanistan in separate fiefdoms resulting in carpet destruction of Kabul, killings of thousands of civilians, and general lawlessness. It is also true that once the Taliban entered the military and political stage, they received support from foreign sources to continue their military march.

http://www.institute-for-afghan-studies ... _kakar.htm

Ohh BTW madam do you really care about who gives a bad name or a negative spin on islam? You know I too read your posts...

Well sir, if you actually got the gist of my post you probably would not have found it necessary to post this!!!

A rose, is a rose, is a rose. Taliban is taliban is taliban - I wasn't looking to get into taliban history because it is totally irrelevant here??? :roll:

As to your question re my personal take/spin/view on Islam: my personal view has nothing to do with the point I was making. :roll:

Good day Sir.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Well you'd have to an idiot not to know that either of those two avatars could get you in trouble here in this part of the world and your not doing very well in your new incarnation aswell about the death to infidel bit. One of your first posts was about it.

Maybe third times the charm, eh ?

P.S : By any chance was Yosemite Sam based on you too? :D
desertdudeshj

Bora Bora wrote:I would also point out that DDS and Shaf posted the taliban avatar before BM used her flag avatar. (Shaf having the good sense to remove his!!)

Hmmm....very interesting, so what makes you think that my avatar is "Talabani" ?

Or are you saying all Afghans, Pashtuns or men who dress like this are Talibans ? What next, all who wear a Kandoora or similar dress are also terrorists ?
Stereotypical much ? :wink:

As for Sage's Avatar. When did Mr Bean or Rowan Atkinson join the Taliban ?

Much ado about nothing really...as always.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:I would also point out that DDS and Shaf posted the taliban avatar before BM used her flag avatar. (Shaf having the good sense to remove his!!)

Hmmm....very interesting, so what makes you think that my avatar is "Talabani" ?

Or are you saying all Afghans, Pashtuns or men who dress like this are Talibans ? What next, all who wear a Kandoora or similar dress are also terrorists ?
Stereotypical much ? :wink:

As for Sage's Avatar. When did Mr Bean or Rowan Atkinson join the Taliban ?

Much ado about nothing really...as always.

:lol: :lol: Does Mujahideen sit better with you? As far as I'm concerned there isn't any difference, but hey, if it makes you better, I'm happy to oblige.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

desertdudeshj wrote:Well you'd have to an idiot not to know that either of those two avatars could get you in trouble here in this part of the world and your not doing very well in your new incarnation aswell about the death to infidel bit. One of your first posts was about it.

Maybe third times the charm, eh ?

P.S : By any chance was Yosemite Sam based on you too? :D

I have no idea what you're talking about. I've asked BM and she doesn't know either! And do you know what Munchkin, I don't really care WooooHoooo :drunken:
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Well try asking BM when she's not sloshed, I know thats a big ask but you never know ! :D
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Well try asking BM when she's not sloshed, I know thats a big ask but you never know ! :D

Blame it on Bora, she's been feeding BM chardonnay through an intravenous drip. (I had to google the spelling of intravenous :drunken:)
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Google's broke ?
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Google's broke ?

eh? LOL
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Well sir, if you actually got the gist of my post you probably would not have found it necessary to post this!!!

:lol: lol Yeah yeh, alrite alrite...But hey I enjoy staring at this frilling Mress Saudi America..You know you never prove me wrong do you. :)
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin wrote:

:lol: lol Yeah yeh, alrite alrite...But hey I enjoy staring at this frilling Mress Saudi America..You know you never prove me wrong do you. :)

:lol: :lol: Do you need to be proven right??? :lol:

Mress Saudi America? HA HA HA - I don't get it. :shock:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

:lol: look at it again and again...I heard that Its a trial of a new species created by joint efforts of Nasa and Saudi institute of technology...lol..
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin wrote::lol: look at it again and again...I heard that Its a trial of a new species created by joint efforts of Nasa and Saudi institute of technology...lol..

I'm at a loss for words Berrin. I'll just assume that it's a private joke between you and..........you??
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
Berrin wrote:

:lol: :lol: Do you need to be proven right??? :lol:

Mress Saudi America? HA HA HA - I don't get it. :shock:

Yeah, what the heck is Frilling Mress Saudi America??? I still don't get it!!!

:shock: :shock:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Bora Bora wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:Uuffff... I finally found a moment to write something!!!:

Love and Peace to all!!!

Tom!!!

Tom, we love you hun, but you need to do some catch up. BM is always around, if not actually on DF at least in spirit!!!

If posting an avatar of a talabani, and we know that the taliban are considered terrorists and murderers, and we know that they represent Al Qaeda, which also brings in Islam, which when paired with Al Qaeda gives a negative spin on Islam, and we know what they have done and are capable of doing, is acceptable, how can a flag be considered more offensive?? (excluding our lovely Mr Bean, of course :wink:) I don't think allowing someone to promote the taliban for the sake of humor, cannot be considered equally offensive as viewed by some of the Israeli flag. I would also point out that DDS and Shaf posted the taliban avatar before BM used her flag avatar. (Shaf having the good sense to remove his!!)

This is where a balance needs to come in. If I were the one to have asked BM to remove her avatar because it was viewed (IMO) as being offensive, I would also ask the same of anyone else who put up an avatar that could be viewed (IMO) as offensive. The offense I mention is not one that I would find myself, but as may be seen by a number of members, and potential members.

I believe that the "eyes" that moderators are accommodating might not be in favor of a taliban avatar on a DUBAI forum, as Dubai is not involved in taliban activities and does not support it. If an Israeli flag avatar might be deemed as offensive to the "eyes" upon DF, why not consider that the same "eyes" might find a taliban avatar just as offensive???

Blinders need to be removed and objectivity is needed when deciding, in one's own personal opinion, what is right or wrong, and not allow personal feelings dictate.

Thanks dear, I love you too. Remember you’re my first love on DF, and you know what that means!!! Don’t you??? :wink: :wink:

Well…, I think I agree and disagree with you!

I know that DDS put up the avatar of an Afghani or a Pashtun man just to irritate BM. I also don’t deny that DDS and Shaf are not guilty of tossing a lot of firewood into the fire!!

But, the avatar of a an Afghani man per se (by itself) cannot be considered offensive to anyone on DF, unlike the Israeli flag.

I once took a cab in Sharjah, and I tell you, the driver of that cab could easily pass as a twin brother of the fellow in DDS’s avatar!!!

:lol: :lol:
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Just to be a bit pedantic - by avatar-for-a-day was a combination of John Bull, Mr Bean and bin-laden's turban - with a slogan 'Best of British'. Taliban was not involved (Bean Laden is not Taliban).

To be honest, the Israeli flags (there were two avatars) just made me smile.

The delicious irony was that BM bangs on about being English and supporting the British Army, and yet was waving the flag of a foreign nation where the founding fathers were responsible for the first modern day use of terrorism - and targeted British soldiers, including booby trapping their bodies. And all in a misguided attempt to cause offence - but ended up not offending either DDS or myself, but falling foul of Sage.

Englishmen like me have a great sense of humour and irony, and it was great to see that no one made mention of her avatars on the forums, until Sage stepped in and had a word.

Thinking about it, given that the UAE does not recognise Israel - the flag may indeed be viewed as an avatar too far. However, I didn't complain about it.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

4GetMeNot wrote:TJ, BM calling!

May I just correct you on one small point. I did not refuse to change my avator.
The story goes a bit like this. Sage did send me a PM asking me to remove the flag. I asked him why? He didn't elaborate, just said to remove it as it was offensive. I replied wondering who was offended, and pointed out that I found the Taliban reference offensive. He sent me another PM asking me to remove it, to which I replied that I didn't have time as I had an appointment and would do later. When I came to do it later I was banned.

In fact, if I'm honest Sage did me a favour. I didn't like what BM was turning into really. She was being sucked into exchanges with Shaf and DDS that were unsavoury, but such as the person I am, was determinded to have the last say. Sage has broken the cycle for which I'm grateful. I'm not going to be brought down to their level again. I intend to stay firmly away fron Shaf and the political thread and all thoughts of death to all infidels.

Another favour Sage did me was that my new avator would surely have got me a life time ban, as I had fully intended to change it to a cartoon image of the Prophet. Obviously I'm not going to do that now am I? I much prefer my Jessica Rabbit one! She was based on me? Did you know that? :D

Well....Sage says something different but let's not turn this into a "he said, she said" argument.

Re the Afghani avatar, please see my reply to BB above.

Note: I must admit that I possibly might've missed something, because I honestly had not read all the exchanges between you and DDS & Shaf.

Hey...I’m beginning to fall in love with this new gal on the block, Jessica Rabbit. She sounds just like BM. Why do I always find myself attracted to girls like BM and JR?? Could it be the mystery about them!!!! Do you reckon???

Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Tom Jones wrote:Thanks dear, I love you too. Remember you’re my first love on DF, and you know what that means!!! Don’t you??? :wink: :wink:

Well…, I think I agree and disagree with you!

I know that DDS put up the avatar of an Afghani or a Pashtun man just to irritate BM. I also don’t deny that DDS and Shaf are not guilty of tossing a lot of firewood into the fire!!

But, the avatar of a an Afghani man per se (by itself) cannot be considered offensive to anyone on DF, unlike the Israeli flag.

I once took a cab in Sharjah, and I tell you, the driver of that cab could easily pass as a twin brother of the fellow in DDS’s avatar!!!

Second that TJ! I'm with you on this. BM's avatar could be recognized as sooo terribly offensive around here. When I was a student they used to burn that flag once a week in our school! :lol:

I understand that DDS’s avatar can resemble a terrorist, but to be honest there are lots of people whose local dress and appearance is like that.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

shafique wrote:Just to be a bit pedantic - by avatar-for-a-day was a combination of John Bull, Mr Bean and bin-laden's turban - with a slogan 'Best of British'. Taliban was not involved (Bean Laden is not Taliban).

The delicious irony was that BM bangs on about being English and supporting the British Army, and yet was waving the flag of a foreign nation where the founding fathers were responsible for the first modern day use of terrorism - and targeted British soldiers, including booby trapping their bodies. And all in a misguided attempt to cause offence - but ended up not offending either DDS or myself, but falling foul of Sage.

Englishmen like me have a great sense of humour and irony, and it was great to see that no one made mention of her avatars on the forums, until Sage stepped in and had a word.

Thinking about it, given that the UAE does not recognise Israel - the flag may indeed be viewed as an avatar too far. However, I didn't complain about it.

Cheers,
Shafique

Who said I was trying to cause offence to you? You just aren't that important. You are wrong when you say no-one made mention of my avatar, selective memory again? I refuse to get into any further slanging matches with you. I can't bear you and I'm sure you feel the same way about me so let's agree to give everyone a break and avoid each other like the plague.
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

4GetMeNot wrote:
shafique wrote:Just to be a bit pedantic - by avatar-for-a-day was a combination of John Bull, Mr Bean and bin-laden's turban - with a slogan 'Best of British'. Taliban was not involved (Bean Laden is not Taliban).

Cheers,
Shafique

Who said I was trying to cause offence to you? You just aren't that important. You are wrong when you say no-one made mention of my avatar, selective memory again? I refuse to get into any further slanging matches with you. I can't bare you and I'm sure you feel the same way about me so let's agree to give everyone a break and avoid each other like the plague.

You should all be aware that my action was taken due to the possible problems that may come by displaying this particular flag here in the UAE, and the further repercussions that may have resulted, their is absolutely no need for any member of the forum to get involved, it was strictly between BM and myself along with the forum administrator.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Tom Jones wrote:
4GetMeNot wrote:TJ, BM calling!

Well....Sage says something different but let's not turn this into a "he said, she said" argument.

Re the Afghani avatar, please see my reply to BB above.

Note: I must admit that I possibly might've missed something, because I honestly had not read all the exchanges between you and DDS & Shaf.

Hey...I’m beginning to fall in love with this new gal on the block, Jessica Rabbit. She sounds just like BM. Why do I always find myself attracted to girls like BM and JR?? Could it be the mystery about them!!!! Do you reckon???

Yes, TJ lets not get into anymore who said what when, to be honest I'm getting bored with it all. :D I shall attemp to turn DDS round and completely ignore the other one. To be honest I thought my new avatar would have brought DDS to heel. I know he dreams of such like, he whispered it to me!

-- Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:47 pm --

sage & onion wrote:
4GetMeNot wrote:

Cheers,
Shafique

Who said I was trying to cause offence to you? You just aren't that important. You are wrong when you say no-one made mention of my avatar, selective memory again? I refuse to get into any further slanging matches with you. I can't bare you and I'm sure you feel the same way about me so let's agree to give everyone a break and avoid each other like the plague.

You should all be aware that my action was taken due to the possible problems that may come by displaying this particular flag here in the UAE, and the further repercussions that may have resulted, their is absolutely no need for any member of the forum to get involved, it was strictly between BM and myself along with the forum administrator.

Sage, it would have been more helpful to me if you could have explained all that in the first place. I have no wish to get this forum into trouble and I wasn't aware my avatar would cause any problems like this.

-- Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:58 pm --

TJ, the mystery? are you sure it isn't the 36DD? :D
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

I'll give you a small example. One of the admins on another dubai based 4x4 forum was called in to Ghusais police station for questioning for something being said on the forum, and it was much much less than what we see here and also that forum is not open to public just registered members. So don't think its just a lot of hot air, I have friends working high up in one of the telcos here and its solid info that big brother is always watching.

And BM you seriously don't expect anyone to believe that your so innocent that you had no clue and then specially your with the second choice of avatar as you mentioned, seriously ? Although I don't think that the Israeli flag would have brought the wrath of the authorities the second one for sure would have, not to mention you yourself could have landed in trouble for it.

On a fun side note, here is a little challenge. Who can tell me where in Dubai there is a Israeli flag on display out in the open for everyone to see and the govt themselves have put it there. :D
desertdudeshj

Re: BM's Avatar!!!!!!!!!!! Jan 16, 2011
desertdudeshj wrote:I'll give you a small example. One of the admins on another dubai based 4x4 forum was called in to Ghusais police station for questioning for something being said on the forum, and it was much much less than what we see here and also that forum is not open to public just registered members. So don't think its just a lot of hot air, I have friends working high up in one of the telcos here and its solid info that big brother is always watching.

And BM you seriously don't expect anyone to believe that your so innocent that you had no clue and then specially your with the second choice of avatar as you mentioned, seriously ? Although I don't think that the Israeli flag would have brought the wrath of the authorities the second one for sure would have, not to mention you yourself could have landed in trouble for it.

On a fun side note, here is a little challenge. Who can tell me where in Dubai there is a Israeli flag on display out in the open for everyone to see and the govt themselves have put it there. :D

DDS, BM doesn't think that deep. :D I feel sure my Mr Emirati has enough pull to rescue BM for any minor misdemeanor.(ex Policeman!!) I honestly didn't realise I could get DF in trouble. Believe or not. whatever. Herve has warned me that this forum is watched. You have confirmed it. I will watch my P's and Q's in future and won't big up the Isrealis :D or the IDF :D or anyone else except for myself for that matter :D well maybe Dillon :D and Drew :D and Bora :D and benwj :D Ambassador :D TJ :D and my hero Herve :love7: Oh and I nearly for got Joe and Mel :D :D Will this be ok do you reckon, oh and you will still be BM's little Munchkin. DDS!
PS I nearly forgot Zonker and Zubber! :D :D
4GetMeNot
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: BM's Avatar!!!!!!!!!!! Jan 16, 2011
Yeah, what the heck is Frilling Mress Saudi America??? I still don't get it!!!

:D well then, you see the picture BB attached was a unisex beauty species representative of the east and the west,..of course me being inspired by our American lady , I called it (Mress)Mr and ess as in affix of Lordess, Godess...
Since all the troubles in the far east islam nations are the joint works of either Saudi or America (if not Russia) I called him Mress Saudi America..
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat