Attention Please!

Topic locked
Attention Please! Jan 17, 2010
Hey guys,

Please do not use "tor.ture", "s.ex", "rap.e" or other related words in your threads' topics, because any links with these words in it is banned and they can not be opened in countries like Iran.
thanks

melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Attention Please! Jan 17, 2010
Thanks for the heads up Melika, wasn't aware, I'll try and change the other thread heading, but the link contains this word and that I can't change.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Attention Please! Jan 18, 2010
Noted.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

holy cra.... you guys are in Iran too ? seriously, get a life.
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

hush puppy :lol:
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

uaekid wrote:hush puppy :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

Your obviously trying to stir something here, the third post in this thread is from Robby G. Mods can edit single posts within a thread but the single post cannot be completely deleted, I will demonstrate the maximum that can be done on a single post after this one.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

After looking at the possibilities again and noting that it is now (New Forum Layout) possible to delete individual threads, I can only say that if the 3rd post was deleted as said, then it was not done by yours truly.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

It was me and i shall continue to do so if i see fit. XTP, Like i said to Ian , if you dont like what happens here regarding moderation, then please feel free to go elsewhere.
arniegang

arniegang wrote:It was me and i shall continue to do so if i see fit. XTP, Like i said to Ian , if you dont like what happens here regarding moderation, then please feel free to go elsewhere.

Arnie, whats this for non-sensible answer?
A moderator should be neutral and non-selective in his actions. It should be clear to everyone what the rules are and why contributions are moderated. So please explain whats going on here...

With these kind of arguments, the quality of DF goes down very rapidly just while an increase would be welcoming.

I suggest the moderators become more transparant from now on. This situation is unworkable for fair and balanced opinions on DF.
RobbyG

Robby

Sage and i continue to repeat ourselves. We both moderate as "we" see fit in accordance with our intepretation of the guidelines. Personal attacks or abuse will not be tollerated here. End of.................

I agree that others may not have the same interpretation as Sage and i, but thats life.

We cant please all the people all of the time, only some of the people some of the time.

And if this thread starts to go around and around in circles again on this subject i will lock it.
arniegang

arniegang wrote:Robby

Sage and i continue to repeat ourselves. We both moderate as "we" see fit in accordance with our intepretation of the guidelines. Personal attacks or abuse will not be tollerated here. End of.................

I agree that others may not have the same interpretation as Sage and i, but thats life.

We cant please all the people all of the time, only some of the people some of the time.

And if this thread starts to go around and around in circles again on this subject i will lock it.

Get real mate, you lock the thread because we discuss the moderators on DF?

You have authoritarian issues. The moderators at DF have lived a little to long among autocratic regimes. The influence is obvious :blackeye:

I thought you earned more respect mate. Boy was I wrong. :drunken:
RobbyG

Re: Attention Please! Jan 19, 2010
sage & onion wrote:Your obviously trying to stir something here, the third post in this thread is from Robby G. Mods can edit single posts within a thread but the single post cannot be completely deleted, I will demonstrate the maximum that can be done on a single post after this one.

Nothing to stir just the fact that my thread was simply deleted.
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

sage & onion wrote:After looking at the possibilities again and noting that it is now (New Forum Layout) possible to delete individual threads, I can only say that if the 3rd post was deleted as said, then it was not done by yours truly.

I replied too quickly. Fair enough. I figure it was one of you. Frankly whilst I've notice you post sometimes with matter unreleated to moderating all I ever read from arniegan is I"m a moderator if you dont like it leave, blah blah. Sad really.
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

arniegang wrote:It was me and i shall continue to do so if i see fit. XTP, Like i said to Ian , if you dont like what happens here regarding moderation, then please feel free to go elsewhere.

Oh shut up already. You won't be telling me what to do anytime soon. Well, you can but it will do you no good.

yes i know you are a moderator and and and and and.

Chill out, life is short.
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

RobbyG wrote:

You have authoritarian issues. The moderators at DF have lived a little to long among autocratic regimes. The influence is obvious :blackeye:

Robby, I should have just read your post first would have saved me a few strokes in saying the same thing (and which others here have said repeateadly) :oops: :oops: . Prediction: post from arniegang reminding us who is "boss" and either a thread lock or move to fight club. Life goes on however.
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

XPT wrote:
RobbyG wrote:

Robby, I should have just read your post first would have saved me a few strokes in saying the same thing (and which others here have said repeateadly) :oops: :oops: . Prediction: post from arniegang reminding us who is "boss" and either a thread lock or move to fight club. Life goes on however.

Yeah, some people just wanna extort influence with no credibility at all. In the end, if we hold on to strong arguments, the strong will outlast the weak in life. Its a natural process.

Keep the puppy kickin' mate.
RobbyG

I would like to know what XPT is short for!!!!!!!!!!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Attention Please! Jan 20, 2010
sage & onion wrote:I would like to know what XPT is short for!!!!!!!!!!

It is quite easy even you would get it.
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

XPT wrote:

Cross-hair Puppy Target :mrgreen:

RobbyG

This is like "The Wizard of Oz". The great man behind the curtain having people think that he holds power over mere mortals. Someone please pull the curtain back???
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:This is like "The Wizard of Oz". The great man behind the curtain having people think that he holds power over mere mortals. Someone please pull the curtain back???

Here you have him. Its Arnie and his shadow (puppet)powertools :lol:

RobbyG

Madness rules
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:Madness rules

...that explains why you're so fond of the desert strollerz :wink:

I bet you're in exile there b'cause at home in Britain, they got sick of your hypocrisy. Thats an understatement. :lol:
RobbyG

Idiocy to be exact.
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

WhiteJade wrote:

Idiocy to be exact.

Autocratic idiocracy. Thats what the incompetent like in order to be able to exort influence. He wouldn't ever be moderator on a Western forum. People would simply demand a change in moderation.

I'll bet you a penny for it. :wink:
RobbyG

Re: Attention Please! Jan 21, 2010
RobbyG wrote:
XPT wrote:

Cross-hair Puppy Target :mrgreen:

You are almost on target take another shot 8)
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Attention Please! Jan 21, 2010
Xtreme Precision Telescope

RobbyG

Re: Attention Please! Jan 22, 2010
RobbyG wrote:Xtreme Precision Telescope

Getting warner but you must have more shots than in a revolver chamber.

I see you are also a "fan" of the the useless netnannies here. The sad souls are actually delusion to the idea that being a moderator gives them some moral or actual authority over anonymous non-real world posters. I would not be suprised if in addition to deleting posts they threaten banning people (although I have not heard that threat yet but I have not been here too long).
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat