Attention Boy Lurkers

Topic locked
Attention Boy lurkers Aug 27, 2006
Stop it. Go Away stop sending me PM's. I know there was a topic on this at the start of the year but I can't find it.

Boys this forum is not dating, if you haven't posted any posts what gives you the right to PM girls?

Learn our cyber personalities :roll: and think you know us and you can ask to be friends or wanna get intimate?

No, there are plenty of opportunities on this board for regular posters to meet.

It's really creepy getting a PM from someone you don't know who hasn't even expressed their personality on the board.

scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Attention Boy lurkers Aug 27, 2006
scarlet wrote:Stop it. Go Away stop sending me PM's. I know there was a topic on this at the start of the year but I can't find it.

Boys this forum is not dating, if you haven't posted any posts what gives you the right to PM girls?

Learn our cyber personalities :roll: and think you know us and you can ask to be friends or wanna get intimate?

No, there are plenty of opportunities on this board for regular posters to meet.

It's really creepy getting a PM from someone you don't know who hasn't even expressed their personality on the board.

Why don't you post the names that are doing this.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 27, 2006
I get them too, and don't respond.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 27, 2006
why dont u send the names to admin and get them banned? i know they can register using a different name , but i guess a particular IP can be blocked if they are logging from their homes?

i guess thats life on a cyber community :lol:

Jerry
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2006
Please girls, I suggest that you post up these people's names, so that us "DFM boys" can try and sort this out.

Its a cause worth fighting for!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 27, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Please girls, I suggest that you post up these people's names, so that us "DFM boys" can try and sort this out.

DFM boys.........jEEZ what a cheezy name u can anme urself for I am DF WARRIOR.... Scarlet plz tell moi ze namez so i can slit zhat guyz throatz and make the floorz scarletz

wow my mom always told me I would have been better in acting career.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
yorky500 wrote:Please girls, I suggest that you post up these people's names, so that us "DFM boys" can try and sort this out.

DFM boys.........jEEZ what a cheezy name u can anme urself for I am DF WARRIOR.... Scarlet plz tell moi ze namez so i can slit zhat guyz throatz and make the floorz scarletz

How about

DFM SUPER HEROES
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 27, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
sniper420 wrote:

How about

DFM SUPER HEROES

that ROCKS!!!!!!!! Except we dont have super powers
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2006
yeah scarlet i got these pms too ,right after the bored topic ...it was hell :evil:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 27, 2006
Corcovado wrote:yeah scarlet i got these pms too ,right after the bored topic ...it was hell :evil:

ya ya ya da da da......... y dont u girls delete them like me or ignore em....... if u complain y dont u complain the mods or admin ..........if ur posting a topic y dont u tell us their nick names so we can check on em?

we wouldnt need any super powers for that
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2006
I noticed too that the PMs come if you post in the Romance forum.

People, this website is not a dating service! Only losers PM women to try to get a date, especially if they don't contribute on the forum or try to come out to some events and meet people in person first.

In any case, they should certainly stop PMing me because I am married already!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 27, 2006
kanelli wrote:

In any case, they should certainly stop PMing me because I am married already!

I know it will not apply to you, but not to many other women! :lol:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 27, 2006
I do ignore them 8)
There's no point in giving names out if these people don't post. Unless you are going to harrass them back

Kanelli, Corcs I know it's hard being irresistable, and it's nice to have all these protectors Sniper, & yorky :oops:
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 27, 2006
Guys and Girls...

This is actually a serious issue that I have raised before with the Mods and they can only act on it if you identify the perps (pervs) in question and pass on the details. It has been pointed out to me personally by many of the girls here that certain males bombard the girls with unwanted attempts at pick up lines. This must be stopped.

Report all incidents to Arnie. Immediately.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 27, 2006
ok ok ok i'll stop sending PMs. i get the hint :lol: :lol:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 27, 2006
fayz wrote:ok ok ok i'll stop sending PMs. i get the hint :lol: :lol:

hmm thats why u had that googly eyed look while on the computer yesterday...all that talk about "work"....pah!! :lol: :lol:
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 27, 2006
sniper420 wrote:
Corcovado wrote:yeah scarlet i got these pms too ,right after the bored topic ...it was hell :evil:

ya ya ya da da da......... y dont u girls delete them like me or ignore em....... if u complain y dont u complain the mods or admin ..........if ur posting a topic y dont u tell us their nick names so we can check on em?

we wouldnt need any super powers for that

yeah cos we like it snips , we like strangers to pm us with their number and email wanting to meet us , yeah we LUV freaks :evil: :evil:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 27, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Guys and Girls...

This is actually a serious issue that I have raised before with the Mods and they can only act on it if you identify the perps (pervs) in question and pass on the details. It has been pointed out to me personally by many of the girls here that certain males bombard the girls with unwanted attempts at pick up lines. This must be stopped.

Report all incidents to Arnie. Immediately.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Knight

actually admin andyba and smartd only. they only can look over the ip....... corc oh u atlaeast know how to b sarcastic
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2006
Sniper, any of the mods can check people's IPs. I won't report any guys PMing me unless they are being really perverted or keep pestering me. A one off message by a person who could be completely nice, just trying to find a date in crazy Dubai, is not worth panicking over.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 27, 2006
kanelli wrote:Sniper, any of the mods can check people's IPs. I won't report any guys PMing me unless they are being really perverted or keep pestering me. A one off message by a person who could be completely nice, just trying to find a date in crazy Dubai, is not worth panicking over.

kanelli , kanelli ..ur the sound of reason in this forum thank u 8)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 27, 2006
Corcovado wrote:
kanelli wrote:Sniper, any of the mods can check people's IPs. I won't report any guys PMing me unless they are being really perverted or keep pestering me. A one off message by a person who could be completely nice, just trying to find a date in crazy Dubai, is not worth panicking over.

great news now i can pm you both freely ;)
but don't tell my other half LOL
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 27, 2006
:wink: :lol:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 27, 2006
kanelli wrote:Sniper, any of the mods can check people's IPs. .

Kanelli my smart fellow canadian i am afraid u r wrong in this case. no not really mods can only find IP where they moderate... only admin has access the whoooooole forum..
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 27, 2006
Yes, that's true my little Apple Fritter, thanks for the clarification. :D
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Aug 27, 2006
but mods should also not abuse their abilities.

I've had a mod track me just to find out where I work, this is not something I appreciated.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Aug 27, 2006
constantine wrote:
fayz wrote:ok ok ok i'll stop sending PMs. i get the hint :lol: :lol:

hmm thats why u had that googly eyed look while on the computer yesterday...all that talk about "work"....pah!! :lol: :lol:

Those weren't googly eyes they were droopy, Actually having to work for a change is not something i enjoy hahahha.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Aug 27, 2006
ok i just wanna say i'm a straight guy.. its downright bizzare as to why am I getting emails from guys..

buncha faggots on here too! (err.. no offense to the good Gay guys)
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 27, 2006
Wafaey wrote:
Corcovado wrote:

great news now i can pm you both freely ;)
but don't tell my other half LOL

I am sure she can read!
Cargirl
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 27, 2006
if a guy writes to give u compliment and thats it, there is no harm. if a total stranger wants to pick u up, ignore him.

but there is another side to this story. many of our regular or less regular female members if went through an emotional crisis or just needed virtual hugs, they started a thread and expressed their feelings. this way, virtually or not, brought themselves in a vulnerable state. so surelly there have been and will be guys who will try to take advantage. im not saying either of u girls should stop having such kinds of posts, only u have to realise there is this "risk".

there was some time ago a thread about who is more deceiving, men or women. well my dears, we are. and there are plenty of examples of chicks who show up for a short period of time and want to make the max of it, so either play fragile lil babes who need comfort or bust in with some "hot" attitude. and they DO want those PMs.

or just simply u caught the attention one way or another of some guys who try their luck.

so my advice to u is to be normal otherwice and a total monster in Romance :lol: :lol:
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 27, 2006
It has been pointed out to me personally by many of the girls here that certain males bombard the girls with unwanted attempts at pick up lines. This must be stopped.

Guess this post doesn't improve matters - http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

Or maybe they would stop the women complaining...
Hmmm. :)
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat