Atlantis Hotel Launch

Topic locked
Atlantis hotel launch Nov 21, 2008
Well the fireworks display lived up to the hype and promise and Kylie did her bit and the celebs were trotted out to stand in front of the branded wall and have their picture taken in all their expensive borrowed clothes...and yet, don't you feel its all just a little over the top and forced?

Looking at the pictures of the glitterati...I see mostly wrinkles and bad taste where there should be glamour and style.

I see the video of the launch and think 'pandering to a few royals' rather than a spectacular for the masses.

Technically, spot on. Morally, I have my doubts.

:? :? :?

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 21, 2008
Completely over the top and...well.....Dubai really
zloog
Dubai Forum Visitor

Nov 23, 2008
It was ridiculously over the top but that's to be expected here. And no, it wasn't put on for the general population, it was just for the international media so that Atlantis would get worldwide publicity. And it worked; the Atlantis was on the front page of every news site I checked the next morning.

But I must say it looked bloody impressive. That's the most fireworks I've even seen and it looked great when they swept around the rim of the palm.

I'm just glad they decided to do it right outside my balcony. Very nice of them ;-)
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Re: Atlantis hotel launch Nov 23, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:Well the fireworks display lived up to the hype and promise and Kylie did her bit and the celebs were trotted out to stand in front of the branded wall and have their picture taken in all their expensive borrowed clothes...and yet, don't you feel its all just a little over the top and forced?

Looking at the pictures of the glitterati...I see mostly wrinkles and bad taste where there should be glamour and style.

I see the video of the launch and think 'pandering to a few royals' rather than a spectacular for the masses.

Knight

Dubai Knight wrote:Well the fireworks display lived up to the hype and promise and Kylie did her bit and the celebs were trotted out to stand in front of the branded wall and have their picture taken in all their expensive borrowed clothes...and yet, don't you feel its all just a little over the top and forced?

Knight

oh dear you seem to have a doubt in every thing posted in this forum LOOOOL I wouldn blam you, I know this this is just too much ,even for your Emagination .

cheer...
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 23, 2008
this here, that here.,

they bring everything here and there in dubai... oooh hhaaa...

dubai is getting a lot of popularity ...

where is it going then?

:?: 8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 23, 2008
sharfraz wrote:this here, that here.,

they bring everything here and there in dubai... oooh hhaaa...

dubai is getting a lot of popularity ...

where is it going then?

:?: 8)

well ppl are saying it is going down hill now bcz of the economic thingy
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 23, 2008
uaekid wrote:....... bcz of the economic thingy

Wow. That's amazing, I mean thanks. That's really helped. Fancy a job on Bloomberg?
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 27, 2008
seardarren wrote:
uaekid wrote:....... bcz of the economic thingy

Wow. That's amazing, I mean thanks. That's really helped. Fancy a job on Bloomberg?

worth it?

:roll:
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 27, 2008
Has anybody been to Atlantis yet?
thechole
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 27, 2008
yes and i was there for the opening last week. Its just ok, not really much better than the JBH or the One and Only etc.
arniegang

Nov 30, 2008
I've only been to Atlantis Bahamas.
puppypup
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 30, 2008
Hmm... well the rivalry between Abu Dhabi and Dubai is alive and well. Abu Dhabi are planning the world's biggest fireworks display for National Day next Tuesday. So the Atlantis will have had the record for only two weeks.

Gulf News Story
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Dec 01, 2008
I like fireworks, but there seems to be a sort of pointless waste in blowing up millions of dirhams just for a record? Couldn't that money be better spent elsewhere?

Like helping the families and victims of the Mumbai terrorist attacks?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dec 01, 2008
cracking fireworks by public is allowed only in India for the diwali
festival, but its quite dangerous too..

should be done with care

and I agree with that point that money could be better spent...

(IMHO)

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat