Are You Using Tap Water For Cooking????

Topic locked
Are you using tap water for cooking???? Oct 07, 2009
I use the tap water. but people told me that it is not safe. what do you think?? :(

Mahaa
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 07, 2009
The only time I use tap is when I am cooking pasta. Bring it to a boil for a while then put the pasta in. Otherwise, I always use bottled water.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oct 08, 2009
I use tap water all the time.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 08, 2009
Tap water is perfectly safe, although it's best to run it a little bit first otherwise sometimes you can get the 'backwash' chemical taste. The tapwater is probably better for you than bottled water.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 08, 2009
Medvezhonok wrote:I use tap water all the time.

Edited - MOD
medved
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 08, 2009
^^^ Cool down chief, just think of choc as on of those grumpy old high school teacher, who terrorizes all his student. Always let you stand in the corner till classes ends.

We use topwater for cooking and bottled water for drinking a better balance dont you think.
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 08, 2009
Edited - MOD
medved
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 08, 2009
Generally, I don't like ur attitude medved!!

but HIGH FIVE! :D
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 08, 2009
Thumbs Up :salute:

Well guess those who use bottled water for cooking are plentiful

while we are just smarter...hehehe

Only difference between the bottled water and tapwater is salinity including bacteria level.

The best of it is in Tapwater the higher the bacterial the better the imunity. Big chance of swine flue resistance, gets well soon enough and lives long enough.

while people who are neat freak and lives in a sterile invironment get swine flue faster, never gets to go well and dies faster. LOL
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 08, 2009
Edited - MOD
I hope you get banned you mug!
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 08, 2009
Edited - MOD

WOW

Kudos on continuing to be a complete douchebag!

Here is a course you should consider. It's called "How to stop acting like a total FAIL on the internet and understand that your cry for attention just because your parents didn't love you enough when you were young isn't going to fly here in-between bunch of strangers 101"
abyssdesire
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 08, 2009
abyssdesire wrote: It's called "How to stop acting like a total FAIL on the internet and understand that your cry for attention just because your parents didn't love you enough when you were young isn't going to fly here in-between bunch of strangers 101"

:lol: :lol: :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 08, 2009
abyssdesire wrote:Kudos on continuing to be a complete douchebag!

Thanks, but flattery will get you nowhere.

Edited - MOD
medved
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 08, 2009
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Are you using tap water for cooking???? Oct 08, 2009
Mahaa wrote:I use the tap water. but people told me that it is not safe. what do you think?? :(

I drink it and I ... cough cough splutter .. am fi ... choke hack cough ... fine
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Are you using tap water for cooking???? Oct 08, 2009
bonk wrote:
Mahaa wrote:I use the tap water. but people told me that it is not safe. what do you think?? :(

I drink it and I ... cough cough splutter .. am fi ... choke hack cough ... fine

Nice one, so funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 08, 2009
medved wrote:
abyssdesire wrote:Kudos on continuing to be a complete douchebag!

Thanks, but flattery will get you nowhere.

Edited - MOD

Ha!

Seems like every post you'll ever make will be edited from now on. Please don't feel free to send me a PM with your thoughts.

Regarding tap water, it has a weird funky taste to it. At least where I live. Bottled water is really cheap here so why the heck not. My roommate actually washes her hair with bottled water. Apparently washing your hair with regular tap water will make you go bald in 4-5 years.
abyssdesire
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 09, 2009
Tap water for cooking? Err.... then why cook food at all? The idea being to kill bacteria? But if the water is not going to reach a 100 degree celsius, then you may want to use something safer.

I use filtered water and whatevr little I cook is mostly done in the pressure cooker. That pretty much gets rid of any unwanted organisms in my meal.

Regarding washing ur hair with bottled water? Well I had a friend who used to do so and she mantained that the minerals present in that patiular brand worked wonders for her hair. So theer you go. To each one his own.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 10, 2009
Use tap water for most things, except drinking directly, seems safe enough.
gavtek
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 11, 2009
abyssdesire wrote:Ha!

Seems like every post you'll ever make will be edited from now on. Please don't feel free to send me a PM with your thoughts.
m3dvezhonok
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 12, 2009
i use tap water to cook all the time, bottled water for drinking and instant stuff like ramen and coffee :)

bacteria dies at boiling point, atleast most of the time.
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 13, 2009
you will get constipated
coolpista
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 13, 2009
You can use tap water after boiling it. It will be better to be on the safer side.
vinmann
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat