Are Locals Exempted From The Law?

Topic locked
Are locals exempted from the Law? Sep 08, 2006
Last night I had an encounter with 2 locals from Abu Dhabi. Going home from my nightly jog, a car was blocking the driveway of my building. Thinking that it will only take a few minutes for the owner to drive away, I went to the grocery to get some juice. Unfortunately the car is still parked there and a few of my neighbors are also parked outside waiting for the owner to arrive and move the car.

There is only one solution to the problem and that is dialling 999. The police officer who answered my call immediately called the owner. After 15mins or so 2 young local men were walking and when they saw my neighbor honking his car at them, they started shouting "First time I hear police calling locals, this law not for us, only for you other countries"

Am I wrong to think that it is common sense to keep driveways clear?

girl_glen
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Are locals exempted from the Law? Sep 08, 2006
girl_glen wrote:Last night I had an encounter with 2 locals from Abu Dhabi. Going home from my nightly jog, a car was blocking the driveway of my building. Thinking that it will only take a few minutes for the owner to drive away, I went to the grocery to get some juice. Unfortunately the car is still parked there and a few of my neighbors are also parked outside waiting for the owner to arrive and move the car.

There is only one solution to the problem and that is dialling 999. The police officer who answered my call immediately called the owner. After 15mins or so 2 young local men were walking and when they saw my neighbor honking his car at them, they started shouting "First time I hear police calling locals, this law not for us, only for you other countries"

Am I wrong to think that it is common sense to keep driveways clear?

Of course you are not wrong, and the fact that the 2 young men came is proof that they were doing what the Police had told them to do.
Sometimes this kind of thing can be extremely frustrating, the best thing you can do in such instances is in fact call the Police as you did, and then relax and think nice thoughts.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 08, 2006
That's terrible behaviour. Luckily they're not all like that. Just ignore them. NExt time get thepolice to come and tow their car away.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 08, 2006
these are the types of locals that i would love to kick their ass

not all locals are like that i do apologize
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 08, 2006
Just pure ignorance and bad manners

end of

sadly, this is not only confined to UAE Locals

:roll: :roll: :roll:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 08, 2006
arniegang wrote:Just pure ignorance and bad manners

end of

not really, youll be suprised that a south african dude gave me attitude when did the same when he parked behind me.....:)
Maybe he had a bad day or something......;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 08, 2006
Bleakus wrote:
arniegang wrote:Just pure ignorance and bad manners

end of

not really, youll be suprised that a south african dude gave me attitude when did the same when he parked behind me.....:)
Maybe he had a bad day or something......;)

I did say "sadly this is NOT only confined to UAE locals, ie: the same ignorance applies to people in EVERY country in the world

:roll:
arniegang

Sep 08, 2006
Last night coming home from Jumeira Beach Hotel (around 1:30a.m.) there were two guys in dishdashes riding on JBRoad on quadbikes racing in a regular car lane like they owned the place. Couldn't believe my eyes, and was praying for a police. Of course, no police. The two turned into one of the palace's on the beach side of the road.
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 08, 2006
Bleakus wrote:not all locals are like that i do apologize

Bleakus you really dont have to apologize for the acts of every jackass local! Just represent on this forum, and you will show people that there are two sides of the coin :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 09, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:That's terrible behaviour. Luckily they're not all like that. Just ignore them. NExt time get thepolice to come and tow their car away.

The police don't always side with the foreign party sadly.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 09, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
Bleakus wrote:not all locals are like that i do apologize

Bleakus you really dont have to apologize for the acts of every jackass local! Just represent on this forum, and you will show people that there are two sides of the coin :)

thanks dude
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 09, 2006
Bleakus wrote:these are the types of locals that i would love to kick their a#s

you are right, in a basket of apples there will always be good apples and bad apples.
girl_glen
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 09, 2006
im a bad apple :roll:

but on a serious note, like bleakus said and arnie said, not all locals are like that. there are a few of us who are decent.

not me though, im :twisted:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 09, 2006
bushra21 wrote:im a bad apple :roll:

but on a serious note, like bleakus said and arnie said, not all locals are like that. there are a few of us who are decent.

not me though, im :twisted:

Would you agree with me that the ones going to college are the decent ones? That's what I've experienced. I went to the court in Barsha and was surprised at their friendliness. Right across the street is the hellhole that is the Tasjeel passing outfit.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 09, 2006
i noticed that. the guys that go to the universities are sweet hearts...and they are very cute ... :oops: i have a crush on one guy who attends the university that im visiting :oops:

lol but honestly i did notice that though. the educated guys here are much much much better than the rest. the girls however....well, i wish i could say something nice about them. most of them are well, *cough* i shall leave that for another time.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 09, 2006
bushra21 wrote:i noticed that. the guys that go to the universities are sweet hearts...and they are very cute ... :oops: i have a crush on one guy who attends the university that im visiting :oops:

lol but honestly i did notice that though. the educated guys here are much much much better than the rest. the girls however....well, i wish i could say something nice about them. most of them are well, *cough* i shall leave that for another time.

having a crush is cute :), I just wish I'd have one.

The older generation of locals I've encountered are all nice, though I don't think all of them have college degrees.

About the ladies, hihihihi, you know one L. Lohan movie?
girl_glen
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 09, 2006
I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE of behalf of those two stupid idiots!
i swear! ppl like those make us locals look bad! :evil:
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Sep 09, 2006
^^ u shouldnt apologize - idiots exist everywhere

and if u start apologizing on behalf of locals u will hit 50 by the time u finish .
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 10, 2006
Exactly, you should never apologise for the bad behaviour of others. Just be proud in the fact that you are nice people who represent the good, and ignore the silly ones who bring you down.

It happens in every nationality.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 10, 2006
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:I WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE of behalf of those two stupid idiots!
i swear! ppl like those make us locals look bad! :evil:

Angel never apologise, we have arseholes like that in the UK, its not a national issue, its just a "ignorant inconsiderate tosser" issue.
arniegang

Sep 13, 2006

Not a good idea in this country Bleakus.

You will be jailed and deported for swearing at a local, let alone hitting one. At best, they will do the most honourable thing that they can comprehend, and get a bunch of their relatives to beat the crap out of you.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 13, 2006
Bleakus IS a local! So in that case I wonder what would actually happen.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 13, 2006
benwj wrote:

You will be jailed and deported for swearing at a local, let alone hitting one. At best, they will do the most honourable thing that they can comprehend, and get a bunch of their relatives to beat the crap out of you.

well i am a local dude, no worries
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
Well now that would be interesting to see the dish-dashes flying.

Bleakus has a great attitude, I wish there were more people like him.

Good on you bud :D
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 13, 2006
Bleakus wrote:
benwj wrote:

bleakus u a local?? u kiddin me mate, if ur local like chocs said ur the coolest one i have seen :) there need to be more like you around .

cheers

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
Jeevan wrote:
Bleakus wrote:
benwj wrote:

bleakus u a local?? u kiddin me mate, if ur local like chocs said ur the coolest one i have seen :) there need to be more like you around .

cheers

J

Jeev,

He has said it several times, maybe he will come to the next get together.

What do you say Bleakus, ready to meet the people???
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 13, 2006
I think its gonna be a war of nations then ;) the other guy would know that bleakus is a local so he would try to go to the highest influential guys in here..so bleakus would also try the same.. and then yea it'll die down..the elder ones would say.. yella yella.. go ahead kids.. u gotta b sportive.. just shake hands n get going.. ;) just my imagination.. n oh damn yes. i wanna meet everyone..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 13, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:I think its gonna be a war of nations then ;) the other guy would know that bleakus is a local so he would try to go to the highest influential guys in here..so bleakus would also try the same.. and then yea it'll die down..the elder ones would say.. yella yella.. go ahead kids.. u gotta b sportive.. just shake hands n get going.. ;) just my imagination.. n oh damn yes. i wanna meet everyone..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 13, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well now that would be interesting to see the dish-dashes flying.

Bleakus has a great attitude, I wish there were more people like him.

Good on you bud :D

thank you choco, i like you too ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2006
Jeevan wrote:
Bleakus wrote:
benwj wrote:

cheers

J

thank you jeevan, your awesome too, youve been always backing me up and stuff, i appreciate that ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat