Anyone Interested Teaching Basic English In Ajman??

Topic locked
Anyone interested teaching basic english in Ajman?? May 30, 2006
Well would be great if it is someone from UK or US to teach english. My Aunt resides in Ajman and she needs to practice her english which is very basic. Anyone wanna help? Let me know the cost, may be twice a week ?? Thanks

okai I add again : anyone who knows english and got no strong mother tongue accent are welcome too :-)) Women preferred !!

Cuddle
Dubai Forum Guest

May 30, 2006
Sounds to me like you may be able to help your aunt. Just call her (if you don't live there) everyday and practice.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 30, 2006
Correction Please;the U.S they speak American slang and they spell words and pronounce words differently to "English" speaking people . So if you want to learn English speaking get an "English" person to teach

E.g. "american" greeting "howdy u all"

Translates into "English" as "Hello and good morning" :)
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 30, 2006
nostradamus wrote:CorrectionPlease,;the U.S they speak American slang and they spell their words differently and pronounce words differently too. So if you want to learn English speaking get an English person to teach

E.g. american greeting "howdy u all"

Translates into English as "Hello and good morning"

And they don't speak any kind of slang in the UK? Grow a brain.

Only snobs think that UK English is superior to North American English, or any other variant of English spoken in other parts of the world. :roll:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 30, 2006
North American English,????????????????wtf is that? d
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 30, 2006
nostradamus wrote:North American English,????????????????wtf is that? d

Your intelligence is really limited... Get a life.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 30, 2006
nostradamus wrote: E.g. american greeting "howdy u all"

And its "howdy y'all"
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

May 30, 2006
nostradamus wrote:Correction Please;the U.S they speak American slang and they spell words and pronounce words differently to "English" speaking people . So if you want to learn English speaking get an "English" person to teach

E.g. "american" greeting "howdy u all"

Translates into "English" as "Hello and good morning" :)

Just read the first sentence of Nostradamus' post above and deduce from his punctuation and grammar which you should choose. End of sentence!

P.S. The contents of his post reflect the "edited" version. Foggeabouit!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 30, 2006
Thank you very much for the correction “howdy y'all" I looked it up but could not find it in the "Oxford" dictionary :)
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

May 30, 2006
Hey hey hey . . . I was looking for some literate people to teach basic english . . not come up with this is good or that is bad. I assume that we all use slang whether US or UK or Ind or Pak or anyone . . . I mean its universal ;-)) so dude am interested only if someone can teach as ya"phone bill gonna be pretty expensive" to give a class online :D tnx for ur advice !! Happy posting here !!
Cuddle
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat