Any Ipad Users!

Topic locked
any ipad users! Sep 20, 2010
I know this should be in the technology section but lets face it no1 goes there alot so I decided to post it here.

Are there any ipad users here and what exactly do you use it for?

MotionComputing
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Any Ipad Users! Sep 20, 2010
I use it as a paperweight for all the documents I produce on my Windows machine, come on lets be honest, its for Meedja and real estate types to pose around with, as a business workhorse is it as much use as a lollipop in a gun fight !
viking-warrior
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: any ipad users! Sep 20, 2010
VW you are right to say that it doesnt have that much use for the local businesses. I think this is mainly because of the Operating Software.

However they are planning on coming out with Windows7 for the ipad. http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/a ... u_can.html

But you can have software designed especially for your application. For example this is a good application which could be used by the likes of Ikea!

If this is possible than imagine sitting at a restaurant and instead of a paperbased menu, we recieve a tablet pc and from there we could eventually order what we want etc!

VW do have a look at microsofts application called Windows Journal designed for tablet pcs where using the stylus you can write just like you would on a piece of paper. Its a great tool for taking notes while on the move!

MotionComputing
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Any Ipad Users! Sep 20, 2010
My friends bought his son one just to play games. And I agree with VW its nothing but an over inflated Ipod
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: any ipad users! Sep 21, 2010
i have to say the the ipad is very good when comes to playing games on it and thats something which you cannt do on a tablet pc. However with Windows7 touch coming out things might change!

But you are right DD, kids love this sort of technology especially when it allows them to draw and doodle on a tablet pc instead of a piece of paper!

Heres a link showing how professionals use a tablet pc for drawing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=968-MY2N ... re=related
MotionComputing
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Any Ipad Users! Sep 21, 2010
For the price of of an Ipad you can get kids a life time supply of crayons and paper
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: any ipad users! Sep 21, 2010
you are right that ipads price could last a kids crayon/paper supplies for years :) i honestly believe that the ipad is over priced especially when you at its specs!

However kids today are much more advanced than kids 10/20 years ago and I think for that reason alone, if you give kids an option of using crayon or ipad/tablet pc. I think most of them will go for ipad/tablet pc!
MotionComputing
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Any Ipad Users! Sep 30, 2010
I just bought myself an iPad recently, but judging by announcements by other players (Samsung and Blackberry), Apple's really under-spec-ed the iPad. And everyone else seems to be gravitating towards the 7" form factor now.
rtilani
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat