Dubai Forum User

Jun 23, 2007
cu
M!
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 24, 2007
YEA VERY VERY DUM :shock:
HAVE YOU HEARD THE SAYING "IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY THAN...... :!:

I JUST DISCOVERD THIS FORUM... THATS WHY I SUBMITED THE LINK SO LATE IN THIS FORUM.... GOT UR ANSWER??

THERE WERE PETITIONS STARTED QUITE LONG BACK BUT ITS SHOCKING TO SEE MANY PEOPLE NEVER SIGNED THEM AND THEY ARE SIGNING THEM NOW!.... WHAT WERE U WAITING FOR ?? SANTA CLAUS!!

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER..... BESIDES YOU ALWAYS KNEW RTA WILL NEVER LISTEN TO YOU, SO WHY WERE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT THE TOLL SYSTEM IN THE FIRST PLACE??....
BUDDIE YOU DO YOUR WORK AND LET ME DO MINE
nadiadubai
Dubai Forum User

Jun 24, 2007
cu
M!
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 24, 2007
nadiadubai wrote:I JUST DISCOVERD THIS FORUM... THATS WHY I SUBMITED THE LINK SO LATE IN THIS FORUM.... GOT UR ANSWER??

SPEAK UP, I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

You missed the search step after forum discovery. Petition link already in Salik discussion.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 24, 2007
ok guys the person might not have seen it, so let it be, if people missed the link in the petition thread they got it here now.

so no more hurling abuses.

cheers,

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 24, 2007
Jeevan wrote:ok guys the person might not have seen it, so let it be, if people missed the link in the petition thread they got it here now.

cheers,

J

Sage, is that you :?: :shock:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 24, 2007
Concord wrote:
Jeevan wrote:ok guys the person might not have seen it, so let it be, if people missed the link in the petition thread they got it here now.

cheers,

J

Sage, is that you :?: :shock:

Concs, :shock:

We have met Dude, i might look like stone cold, but not Mr. beans :lol:

Its me J, hehehe
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 24, 2007
SURPRISING HOW SUCH A SIMPLE POST CAN GATHER SO MANY JOBLESS FLIES

FOR THE GUY WITH THE "FAT CHICKEN LOGO" : IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN REPLY? Well then,..FAT CHICKEN "YOU" BURN IN HELL ..sheesh!i feel like a 9th grader :lol: .... such jobless losers like to butt in others post for no good reason... or is it that you dont get enough attention in your personal life that you like to balance it out here?

BONK: YOU DONT NEED TO SPELL OUT WHAT I ALREADY WROTE.... EVERY WORD I WROTE IS VERY CLEAR TO ALL UNLESS YOU ARE A BORN BONKER!! YOU DONT NEED TO JUMP AND REPLY TO EACH AND EVERY POST JUST TO GRAB ATTENTION :roll: ... SO WHAT IF I REPEATED THE SALIK LINK?? DO YOU OWN THIS FORUM?... IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM THEN GO FETCH!..DONT TRY AND TEACH ME WHAT I SHOULD DO HERE I AM NOT PAYING YOU FOR POSTING COMMENTS HERE... .. LOSERS!

JEEVAN: THANKS MAN,ATLEAST SOME CIVILIZED PEOPLE AROUND WHO UNDERSTAND.
nadiadubai
Dubai Forum User

Jun 24, 2007
nadiadubai wrote:SURPRISING HOW SUCH A SIMPLE POST CAN GATHER SO MANY JOBLESS FLIES

FOR THE GUY WITH THE "FAT CHICKEN LOGO" : IS THAT THE BEST YOU CAN REPLY? Well then,..FAT CHICKEN "YOU" BURN IN HELL ..sheesh!i feel like a 9th grader :lol: .... such jobless losers like to butt in others post for no good reason... or is it that you dont get enough attention in your personal life that you like to balance it out here?

BONK: YOU DONT NEED TO SPELL OUT WHAT I ALREADY WROTE.... EVERY WORD I WROTE IS VERY CLEAR TO ALL UNLESS YOU ARE A BORN BONKER!! YOU DONT NEED TO JUMP AND REPLY TO EACH AND EVERY POST JUST TO GRAB ATTENTION :roll: ... SO WHAT IF I REPEATED THE SALIK LINK?? DO YOU OWN THIS FORUM?... IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM THEN GO FETCH!..DONT TRY AND TEACH ME WHAT I SHOULD DO HERE I AM NOT PAYING YOU FOR POSTING COMMENTS HERE... .. LOSERS!

JEEVAN: THANKS MAN,ATLEAST SOME CIVILIZED PEOPLE AROUND WHO UNDERSTAND.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 24, 2007
Ha ha, you sound like a fun chick :lol:

nadiadubai wrote:HAVE YOU HEARD THE SAYING "IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY THAN...... :!:

No, but if I follow your lead will I get it?

nadiadubai wrote:Well then,..FAT CHICKEN "YOU" BURN IN HELL

EVERY WORD I WROTE IS VERY CLEAR TO ALL UNLESS YOU ARE A BORN BONKER!!

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM THEN GO FETCH!..

LOSERS!

A "born bonker" sounds interesting. I think I'd like to be one, or was it meant to be an insult? Look forward to more shouting from you. This topic is getting entertaining...
bonk

Jun 24, 2007
Ha ha, you sound like a fun chick

yea morrocan chicks are great fun...

sure Bonky Boy u can take every word i said as a compliment.... since u keep highlighting my sentences i guess they mean alot to you
nadiadubai
Dubai Forum User

Jun 24, 2007
Nadia

U guys earn tax free money , whats wrong in paying toll tax or some sort of money? Is that put dent in ur bank balance ?

Sometime u guys make noise on property rents and sometime about toll tax .

stop sending money back to ur mother land through western union :=)
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 24, 2007
nadiadubai wrote:sure Bonky Boy

Boy? Sorry to disappoint. Guess that means you're not my type... or I'm not yours :wink:

Nice bit of alliteration though. Made me laugh :).
bonk

Jun 24, 2007
stop sending money back to ur mother land through western union :=)

well i speak for myself dont know abt others, i dont send money back anywhere.... dubai is home.
HP i guess u are from the few who earn a good sum and are not bothered by the toll.... or are u sitting in pakistan and throwing free comments on people in dubai? you shouldnt be intrested in us complaining about rent hikes and tolls since your own people keeping fighting against the government for no reason at all.... at least we speak for a cause!

oh and abt the sending money through western union thingy... yea u guys need to stop because thats where all these rent hikes started when the government learnt how much money u guys were sending bck home$$

oops Sorry Bonky i thought we were getting on to something there... :oops: ... but i still like u
nadiadubai
Dubai Forum User

Jun 24, 2007
nadiadubai wrote:HP i guess u are from the few who earn a good sum and are not bothered by the toll.... or are u sitting in pakistan and throwing free comments on people in dubai? you shouldnt be intrested in us complaining about rent hikes and tolls since your own people keeping fighting against the government for no reason at all.... at least we speak for a cause!

Well if u people earn TAX-FREE money then why to complain on small amount like 500 AED each month?

I dont live in Pak and I usually pay 40% Tax each month :=).I dont complain because we have to respect the decision of subject country . I dont believe that immigrants in Dubai are so cheap that they cant even afford small amount as toll tax .

If u have some reason then people in Pakistan must be having some sort of reason either , no matter if it is political or social .
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 24, 2007
HP wrote:
--- snip ---
Well if u people earn TAX-FREE money then why to complain on small amount like 500 AED each month?

I dont live in Pak and I usually pay 40% Tax each month :=).I dont complain because we have to respect the decision of subject country . I dont believe that immigrants in Dubai are so cheap that they cant even afford small amount as toll tax .

If u have some reason then people in Pakistan must be having some sort of reason either , no matter if it is political or social .

Hi,
First, I do not agreed with the unpolite abuses in the threads before this.

That aside, I believe it is good to make our (local or not) voices heard, in this case a petition. This toll fee will not cut into my flesh at all, but it must be brought up so that the govt will not think that her people are submissive/passive/non-opinioniatd etc.

I come from SG, and the govt there raises and imposes various taxes like nobody's business. No doubt they have their own reasons for their actions. But they have done this too many times and too predictable, because the people are not strong (or vocal) enough.

I like Dubai, so I would not like her to end up like SG.

Btw, I see this toll system as a way to generate/increase revenue (from the people), rather than a way to improve traffic flow or to reduce cars. And taxes will only increase, never lower. There will be more gantry points.
This model will become like SG in a few years time.

Rgds.
dubaiforumuser
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 25, 2007
What's with all the abuse? Geez no wonder all the decent forumers have left.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 25, 2007
nadiadubai wrote:oops Sorry Bonky i thought we were getting on to something there... :oops: ... but i still like u

:oops: :oops: :oops:

bonk

Jun 25, 2007
I believe it is good to make our (local or not) voices heard, in this case a petition. This toll fee will not cut into my flesh at all, but it must be brought up so that the govt will not think that her people are submissive/passive/non-opinioniatd etc.

right on dude! exactly why i am part of the petition althought i never have any work around the toll areas and i do not intend to use them much in future ... the toll will have 0 zero effect on my budget because thats not my route but i still have to show my dissagreement with the RTA decision.... if all of us learn to stand up for each other than i guess we will have a stronger expact community and our voices will be finally heard by the government.

i also wrote many letters to RTA directly with so many ideas to solve the traffic problem in dubai but we all know nowadays money is mighty than the pen or the sword.

HP: The residents of dubai are not cheap YOU AE CHEAP for saying yes to what ever the government throws at you.... nomatter where you live you have a right to voice your opinion...i am not scared like you to dissagree with any government policy and sorry brother looks like many dont agree with you so watch what you say, we dont want to have a misreable life like yours and pay 40% taxes without any state benifits,quality services or salary raises......i see how u enjoy paying ur taxes...or is it that u were just jealous of people living in dubai who dont pay taxes!!... sure looks like jealousy to me :evil: ... well your wishes have come true and we have been cursed with a road tax... hope now you can sleep well 8)
nadiadubai
Dubai Forum User

Jun 25, 2007
LOL BONKTHATSAREALLY CUTE PIC
nadiadubai
Dubai Forum User

Jun 25, 2007
This petition also floated around in the emails, in which nameless nuffy replied:

"I signed it to show at least I'm doing something!"

:shock:

I didn't have the heart to reply. The petition has achieved.... nothing.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 25, 2007
by the way there r so many other routes...but i also dont want to pay salik...if we approve this one tax...gov will start putting on lot of other things.
aarif
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 25, 2007
aarif wrote:by the way there r so many other routes...but i also dont want to pay salik...if we approve this one tax...gov will start putting on lot of other things.

I'm afraid we don't get to approve it, that's already done.

The best thing for people to do is buy Salik but use it only when they need to.

Having said that, the RTA is as blind as it is stupid, so it cannot see the chaos it has created.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 25, 2007
nadiadubai wrote:
HP: The residents of dubai are not cheap YOU AE CHEAP for saying yes to what ever the government throws at you.... nomatter where you live you have a right to voice your opinion...i am not scared like you to dissagree with any government policy and sorry brother looks like many dont agree with you so watch what you say, we dont want to have a misreable life like yours and pay 40% taxes without any state benifits,quality services or salary raises......i see how u enjoy paying ur taxes...or is it that u were just jealous of people living in dubai who dont pay taxes!!... sure looks like jealousy to me :evil: ... well your wishes have come true and we have been cursed with a road tax... hope now you can sleep well 8)

Sweetheart ,
i love u too :P .
I am happy now :lol: I would be more happy if UAE impose some 15 to 20 % Taxes on expat :lol:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jun 26, 2007
For people against the toll, I suggest you do some digging on Dubai government finances. Although Dubai is full of very wealthy people, with few taxes the government hsa a big problem in that it has 1.3m people to take care of (indeed, counting the commuters probably much more) but actually not that much money to manage the large growth in infrastructure.

The RTA has a goal to be financially self sufficient within 2 years so expect more of this to come.

I support this move in principal, as above though the way they've implemented it will cause chaos.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 26, 2007
scot1870 wrote:For people against the toll, I suggest you do some digging on Dubai government finances. Although Dubai is full of very wealthy people, with few taxes the government hsa a big problem in that it has 1.3m people to take care of (indeed, counting the commuters probably much more) but actually not that much money to manage the large growth in infrastructure.

The RTA has a goal to be financially self sufficient within 2 years so expect more of this to come.

I support this move in principal, as above though the way they've implemented it will cause chaos.

The RTA would probably save millions by just cutting out some of their decorative top-level management positions.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 26, 2007
The RTA would probably save millions by just cutting out some of their decorative top-level management positions.

Lol totally agree with you dude.... espicallly the lady with tons of make up on her face, she implemented this bright idea (dont want to name anyone :wink: )

honestly there are so many geniun ways of controlling traffic but i guess those ways are not so $$profitable$$
nadiadubai
Dubai Forum User

Jun 26, 2007
When I say self sufficient I mean the whole lot of it, not just the staff. You might want to round your estimate up by a couple of zeros.

As such has been the uproar over 4dhs I think you'd be hard pressed to find a more effective traffic control sytem to counter the gridlock, it's just poorly implemented so you can, for example, come off a junction early at the Mall of the Emirates and then rejoin past the SALIK gates without paying. For it to work properly they need gates on all entry points, plus of course making sure that satellite roads can take the strain.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 26, 2007
nadiadubai wrote:LOL BONKTHATSAREALLY CUTE PIC

I look even better after a trip to the hair salon :).
bonk

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat