Annoying Kids And Parents In Dubai

Topic locked
Oct 05, 2006
He means that Dubai is very often type cast as a place for young, single people, and that it's nice to see families here making it seema bit more normal. He's also being sarcastic.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 05, 2006
Tangents...
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 05, 2006
And anyways, Const, are you even single? :shock:
LaurenX
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 05, 2006
LaurenX wrote:And anyways, Const, are you even single? :shock:

edited by moi (constantine-self appointed MOD... 8) )
constantine
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 05, 2006
Don't think too much.. that could also be said to you..

If ur tired of the game then put your cards down and quit, there isn't even a game being played in my eyes..
LaurenX
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 05, 2006
LaurenX wrote:Don't think too much.. that could also be said to you..

If ur tired of the game then put your cards down and quit, there isn't even a game being played in my eyes..

off topic so edited by me (constantine- self appointed modarator..hahaha)
constantine

Oct 05, 2006
:roll: Once again another thread goes off-topic.

Back to those annoying, wailing kids!

Actually I know a couple of great stories of how parents have dealt with screaming of naughty children. One mother was doing her weekly shopping with her young child, who started getting upset and crying and yanking things off shelves, the mother did everything she could to calm the little one, but without success, in the end and fed up with other shoppers rolling their eyes at the screaming child, the mother sat on the floor of the supermarket and start wailing like the child. The baby soon shut up and was starting around in amazement, wondering what was going on.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 05, 2006
Well you know me, so surely you know that already? Thanks anyways.
:?
LaurenX
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 05, 2006
Chocoholic wrote::roll: Once again another thread goes off-topic.

Its like being back in highschool maths - reading up on tangents!

So back on topic, kids will be kids and you can't just turn around and say with absolute disgression that its the parent's fault for their kids bahaviour.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 05, 2006
Chocoholic wrote::roll: Once again another thread goes off-topic.

Back to those annoying, wailing kids!

Actually I know a couple of great stories of how parents have dealt with screaming of naughty children. One mother was doing her weekly shopping with her young child, who started getting upset and crying and yanking things off shelves, the mother did everything she could to calm the little one, but without success, in the end and fed up with other shoppers rolling their eyes at the screaming child, the mother sat on the floor of the supermarket and start wailing like the child. The baby soon shut up and was starting around in amazement, wondering what was going on.

you know i've always tried to make out how kids turn out the way they do...some are so mature and well behaved onto themselves (laurens kid for example) and some are right ol wailers and brats...anyone know whats the approach when a kid does cry or crave for attention...i know if you indulge and give in they might want more...its an incredible responsibility to have...when you know you are instrumental in shaping someones charecter...
constantine

Oct 05, 2006
I think its a huge responsibility to have babies , and u should be ready and aware before u take this step .. i was in a shisha place the other night and a young new mother with 5 days old baby on her shoulder smoking shisha in his face and didnt even care :shock: :shock: its not easy to be a parent so stop judging ...
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 05, 2006
X, I disagree. All children will have their moments, but the majority of behavioural aspects are how a child was brought up, how they were interacted with, what experiences they had etc etc.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 05, 2006
FeiPo wrote:
zam wrote:What you want is just sooo unfair for the children. Why do they need to have limited places just bec your annoyed by their presence? Did you not have a good childhood m'tulip?

There are areas where kids dont usually linger such as smoking areas, bars, banks, etc !

I think your being so self centered! Your not the only one on this planet and you have to live with that fact :!:

Zam,

a good childhood does not = running around the supermarket, pushing the trolley around bumpping into people's feet at the same time scream like hell.
a good childhood does not = sceam + run at the same time in a busy restaurnat while people serving hot food and other people trying to enjoy thier meals.
a good childhood does not = shouting back at adults who trying to tell them not to jump off the stairs
a good childhood does not = rolling around on the dirty floor and of course screaming at the same time
a good childhood does not = parents let you eat whatever you want and you are 80kg when you are only 6 years old

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: seems like you too have been a victim of those brats!
zam

Oct 05, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:X, I disagree. All children will have their moments, but the majority of behavioural aspects are how a child was brought up, how they were interacted with, what experiences they had etc etc.

Chocs, as I said you can't say it with absolute disgression - terrible twos for instance. That said, I too believe the environment in which a child is brought up will ultimately shape/mould the way they live their lives - not only as a child, but as a member of society.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 05, 2006
Corcovado wrote:I think its a huge responsibility to have babies , and u should be ready and aware before u take this step
Agree!
.. i was in a shisha place the other night and a young new mother with 5 days old baby on her shoulder smoking shisha in his face and didnt even care :shock: :shock: its not easy to be a parent so stop judging ...
Oh gosh, this behavior is just screaming to be judged. It's actually child-endangerment, borderline criminal actions.
Mint Tulip
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 05, 2006
Mint Tulip wrote:
Corcovado wrote:I think its a huge responsibility to have babies , and u should be ready and aware before u take this step
Agree!
.. i was in a shisha place the other night and a young new mother with 5 days old baby on her shoulder smoking shisha in his face and didnt even care :shock: :shock: its not easy to be a parent so stop judging ...
Oh gosh, this behavior is just screaming to be judged. It's actually child-endangerment, borderline criminal actions.

i know i was so upset i even wondered why she have babies in the first place !! :? :x she was lebanese so i wanted to talk 2 her but heck its her own baby she should know better
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 05, 2006
It's her baby, but it's child endangerment. She most likely would have gotten offended...

There are lots of parents out there that shouldn't be. Lot's of irresponsability, and it's usually the case that kids pick up bad traits from their parent's behavior (as chocoholic pointed out).
Mint Tulip
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 05, 2006
There should be some kind of children licence. If you want to have babies, you should be made to undergo a course and then given the green light.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 05, 2006
^ian^ wrote:There should be some kind of children licence. If you want to have babies, you should be made to undergo a course and then given the green light.

Strollers need to have L plates fitted!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 05, 2006
lol :D !!
great ideas guys!
Mint Tulip
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 05, 2006
As the old goes: 'In many countries you need a licence to own a dog, but any idiot can have a baby!'.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 05, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:As the old goes: 'In many countries you need a licence to own a dog, but any idiot can have a baby!'.

Amen to that
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat