And After The Tailgaters...the Late Indicators!

Topic locked
And after the tailgaters...the late indicators! Nov 14, 2008
...and another thing!

How many times have you been waiting at a junction to pull out onto a main road but have held back because there is a car coming...and then at the last moment, he indicates right (or not!) and turns off!

Grrrrrr!

If he had indicated earlier, you would have pulled out and been on your way!

Tossers!

:x :x :x

Knight

Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 14, 2008
yep ....

and there are people who put indicator and wont take that way or turn off the
indicator near that way....

so., careful at the junctions....

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 14, 2008
you dint mention the nationality this time...
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Re: And after the tailgaters...the late indicators! Nov 14, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:...and another thing!

How many times have you been waiting at a junction to pull out onto a main road but have held back because there is a car coming...and then at the last moment, he indicates right (or not!) and turns off!

Grrrrrr!

If he had indicated earlier, you would have pulled out and been on your way!

Tossers!

:x :x :x

Knight

This happens to me all the time. This morning I waited a long time for a car to go by first but it slowly turned at the junction.

The driver, a cool looking Indian dude with dark glasses, did not use any turn signal lights whatsoever! (Hey, what is it with these Indian drivers anyway!??).

DK knows what I’m talking about!!!

No..no.. I’m just joking !!!. He wasn’t an Indian. The driver looked Philipino. Now the Philipinos will be angry with me!!

On a serious cautionary note: Some drivers put on their indicator lights too early. You think they’re turning at the first intersection (you’re waiting at) but they mean the next one.

Those are more dangerous!!!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 14, 2008
surely its better than no indication at all

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang

Nov 14, 2008
arniegang wrote:surely its better than no indication at all

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nope...

Those signaling too early to turn later at the following turn, not the first immediate turn, are more dangerous than those who do not signal at all.

Perhaps you misunderstood.

If you're waiting, at an intersection or an opening, for a car on the road to pass by first, and that car starts signaling to make a right turn for example, you assume that car is turning at the same opening or intersection before it gets to you, and you start to pull out onto the road. But if that car does not make any turns and continues on toward you (with the indictor is still flashing because the driver intends to turn at the next turn), you may find that car right on top of you if you have already started to pull out.

Signaling and not turning is just as bad as turning without signaling, if not worse in certain situations like the above !!

:) :)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 15, 2008
Umm...what was the middle thing? I kinda zoned out at the first junction of the second part and the party of the first...people here indicate wrong!

I had a lady driver (OK, I can feel a good 'thonging' coming from our dear and beloved lady members!) in front of me today, who was driving perfectly well in the right hand lane in front of me...indicated left to pull into the next lane...then turned right into a parking space!

If I had had any left, I would have given her a piece of my mind, but I lost it years ago!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 16, 2008
OK one more question, does flashing your lights mean giving way to someone or asking somene to move over and give way? i have had different experiences different times. :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 16, 2008
flashing the lights means to alert the other driver to make his move and you
move on on your turn... 8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 16, 2008
What about just driving along with all four hazard warning flashers going in a sandstorm or fog?

Does that mean: "I am doing 220 because the cameras can't see me...just don't hit me!"

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 16, 2008
Jeevan wrote:OK one more question, does flashing your lights mean giving way to someone or asking somene to move over and give way? i have had different experiences different times. :)

It depends on which lights you flash.

Here is how it goes:

- If you flash your high beams behind another car, you're in a hurry!

- If someone flashes his high beams behind you, he's annoying!

- If you flash your hazard lights, you want the guy behind you to slow down.

- If someone flashes his hazard lights ahead of you, it's time to change lanes!!!

:) :) :)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 17, 2008
I was on the roundabout on Emirates Road at the bottom (?) of Sports City, Emirates Road, sitting in the middle lane, taking the second exit. There was a guy in the inside lane who took off in his pickup the same time I did when the lights changed. He decided it would be a good idea to turn off and VERY nearly into my left hand side. I had to swerve to avoid him and take his exit.

We pulled over on the hard shoulder and the air in my car turned blue before I spoke to him! Got most of my anger out there just to be safe! :lol:

RossBaku :-D
rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 17, 2008
sharfraz wrote:yep ....

and there are people who put indicator and wont take that way or turn off the
indicator near that way....

so., careful at the junctions....

8)

My whole Raison d'être for not having a motorbike over here....
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 17, 2008
Having a bike is fine...riding it is the danger! You just have to be 1000% more observant and be prepared to take evasive action. I have kicked a few door panels in before now.

The 'swerving across 3 lanes at the last minute to take an exit because you just changed your mind' syndrome is common here.

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 17, 2008
Dubai Knight wrote:What about just driving along with all four hazard warning flashers going in a sandstorm or fog?

Does that mean: "I am doing 220 because the cameras can't see me...just don't hit me!"

:? :? :?

Knight

what about the guys in the middle of a traffic jam have the hazzard lights on ?

what are they thinking ?

- Keep your distance ?
- out of my way ? ... even tho there is no room ..anywhere !!!
- I'm special let me thought Because i have all my flashing lights on !!

OR
- I'm a dill berry and Need a slap !!
pete t
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 25, 2008
Oh man.. Now I am worried to ride my motorcycle here... Should I or shouldn't I? Tough tough decision...
ivanlim84
Dubai Forum User

Nov 25, 2008
with all the bad situation, if you cant get away from your urge..

then....

ride safely.... 8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 25, 2008
Piece of p#ss Ivan,provided of course that you have the sences of spider man,the forward thinking skills of nostradamus,the intellegents of einstein,and the bike skills of Rossi,needless to say i ride mine when ever i can
busa
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 25, 2008
ivanlim84 wrote:Oh man.. Now I am worried to ride my motorcycle here... Should I or shouldn't I? Tough tough decision...

if you ride defensively you'll be fine.

Riding here can be very enjoyable. Saying this, i'm letting go of my 2008 R6 for the 2009 model in january :)
Waqsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 25, 2008
I was slowly approaching a red traffic light on Al-Wasl road and some dude in a white toyota yaris cut me up and made me do an emergency brake.. At a red traffic light?!?!?!?

Anyways normally i don't get p1ssed off, I just cut them up and annoy them but I had my baby brothers in the car so I pulled up beside him, horned him and started shouting at him. His reason was "i'm in a hurry, i can do what i want". I responded by saying go on a diet you fat sh1t, you can't walk fast, so you make it up by driving extra fast? lol
Waqsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 25, 2008
ivanlim84 wrote:Oh man.. Now I am worried to ride my motorcycle here... Should I or shouldn't I? Tough tough decision...

I've temporarily suspended my riding whilst here. Might take up dune bashing instead - on a quad. I have asked this question myself many times and yes, the others are right. Lifesavers and defensive riding is alwys best and do ride like this, but you always have an element of the other driver.

And 'the other driver' here is BAD. Take the Yaris guy above as an example complete Twat, nothing you can do about it. Not worth the risk IMO, but plenty do.
seardarren
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 26, 2008
Wagsy, the excuse of 'I am in a hurry' is easily countered with 'You are endangering other road users and you registration plate has been noted and will be reported to the police. Expect a visit from Inspector Al Knacker!'

If you report them, the police will take action.

Knight
Dubai Knight

Nov 26, 2008
^thanks for the suggestion, next time ill say that :)

Was anyone on sheikh zayed road (going towards sharjah) tonight around 10pm, just before umm suquim exit? There was a horrific accident there, hundreds of people were pulling up and getting out of there cars to see.
Waqsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat