DF Alive And Kicking

Topic locked
DF alive and kicking Dec 20, 2012
The effect of some posters leaving and old ones coming back is starting to show. An increase 30% forum visits in the last month.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/dubaiforums.com#

Lets see how it develops.

FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: DF Alive And Kicking Dec 20, 2012
oh that's good news for DF!

Lets hope that now the stirrers have left, we may get some new posters joining in.

I'm sure some of the bitter still have a look in occassionally but choose not to post, or to only make some sad comment or send some bitter pms :lol:

Onwards and upwards.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed ,

Yes indeed
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

to differentiate between the stirrers and normal people , this forum need to add some kind of ranking system for the user , same as the ones seen in the vbulletin forums.
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: DF Alive And Kicking Dec 21, 2012
bossman wrote:to differentiate between the stirrers and normal people , this forum need to add some kind of ranking system for the user , same as the ones seen in the vbulletin forums.

Ranking system?
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed , yes , in vbulletin forum you can ' like' a coment or even 'dislike' it, if user gets too many dislikes he get a strong 'dislike' rating , so other will know he is full of poop
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

You call this forum "alive"?? And that's based on the "source" in the link??

I was surprised to find that there are so few forums for Dubai. I'm not interested in "community" forums. I was looking for a forum with members who actually lived in Dubai and could hold interesting adult conversations and offer info on Dubai. This forum doesn't offer any of that. I hardly think a forum is "alive" when it appears that there are the same 2 or 3 people trying breath life into it with empty, mindless "discussions". I guess being on a life support system counts for being "alive".
ChevyVet
Dubai Forum User

ChevyVet wrote:You call this forum "alive"?? And that's based on the "source" in the link??

I was surprised to find that there are so few forums for Dubai. I'm not interested in "community" forums. I was looking for a forum with members who actually lived in Dubai and could hold interesting adult conversations and offer info on Dubai. This forum doesn't offer any of that. I hardly think a forum is "alive" when it appears that there are the same 2 or 3 people trying breath life into it with empty, mindless "discussions". I guess being on a life support system counts for being "alive".

And you gathered all that from 2 posts? LOL
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed wrote:And you gathered all that from 2 posts? LOL

Perfect example of how much "thought" goes into posting. No, I didn't gather "all that from 2 posts".

Hint: Being a member or not, one can read past and present threads, as well as check in on the forum whenever they want to.
ChevyVet
Dubai Forum User

ChevyVet wrote:
BMreformed wrote:And you gathered all that from 2 posts? LOL

Perfect example of how much "thought" goes into posting. No, I didn't gather "all that from 2 posts".

Hint: Being a member or not, one can read past and present threads, as well as check in on the forum whenever they want to.

Well no-one is forcing to read this forum. If you don't like it then don't read it. Simples.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed ,

It got to the point where the forum became a source of humor - for about 5 minutes. Then deteroriated into "pathetic" and has stayed there for sometime and appears unable to lift itself above pathetic. It's quite simples to see.

Not to mention the "class" of people that post here. :roll:

dubai-romance/looking-for-serious-people-only-t53856.html#p422456
ChevyVet
Dubai Forum User

ChevyVet wrote:BMreformed ,

It got to the point where the forum became a source of humor - for about 5 minutes. Then deteroriated into "pathetic" and has stayed there for sometime and appears unable to lift itself above pathetic. It's quite simples to see.

Not to mention the "class" of people that post here. :roll:

Well you're up to 4 posts now and nothing positive. Why waste your precious time?
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

This forum needs more ppl like chevy guy. btw which chevy you got there?
corvette? c6??
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

bossman ,

Thanks for the vote but I certainly don't see myself staying around. You seem to be the exception here. How have you lasted so long? LOL

I am the proud owner of a classic 67 Corvette passed on to me by my father. Tried to post a photo, but I guess I don't have enough "credit" to allow me to do so. LOL

--- Dec 21, 2012 ---

BMreformed wrote:Well you're up to 4 posts now and nothing positive

I thought boring and negative was more in line with the forum. No reason for me to be positive or negative, I get bored easily, but for you, I'll try and make an effort to be boring so that I can fit in. :mrgreen:
ChevyVet
Dubai Forum User

ChevyVet wrote:
I'll try and make an effort to be boring so that I can fit in. :mrgreen:

No need to try, you're doing just fine as you are!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed wrote:No need to try, you're doing just fine as you are!

8)
ChevyVet
Dubai Forum User

Yawn.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

ChevyVet ,

Don't think you need to stay around with your attitude
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: DF Alive And Kicking Dec 22, 2012
ChevyVet wrote:Not to mention the "class" of people that post here. :roll:

We have some creepy long time members. Thankfully, they at least create a second account to start these threads.

I guess Mauritius' strict conservative culture doesn't allow you to let loose, huh?
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: DF Alive And Kicking Dec 22, 2012
ChevyVet ,
67 vettes are rare , better not let it go, they are getting rarer. i have a C6 vette , IMO they are the best hp per buck. And easy to maintain. i had a lambo gallardo, never again. they are similar speed to corv, but maintainance was too expensive , every 30,000kms needed a clutch change , about Dhs 40,000/-

yes the forum needs alot of work, too many restrictions , i can say "sh*t" of "f**k" without the censorship police coming. post a pic of your car , simple just any other free pic uploader and link it to the forum. Most large serious forms online use vBulletin, but unfortunately i dont find any useing that system in Dubai.

i stay around to stir sh*t , just for giggles , i have too much free time on my hands these days.

stay around
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: DF Alive And Kicking Dec 26, 2012
bossman ,
bossman wrote:to differentiate between the stirrers and normal people , this forum need to add some kind of ranking system for the user , same as the ones seen in the vbulletin forums.

Agreed... have seen it on other forums...
shaze
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat