Advice Wanted

Topic locked
Advice Wanted Dec 14, 2004
It seems I always have to post a new topic to get any responses:(((

I've been offered a job in Sharjah (some kind of administrative crap) and the salary is just USD 700/month in the beginning. It's much less than I'm earning now!!!!. Would I ever be able to live and survive with this money in Dubai?

Please, no smartasses' opinions, just tell me the truth.

1Annie1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 14, 2004
well u seem to be confused about where sharjah and dubai are.
there different cities i hope you knew that.

although i'm sure there is room for promotion ur current salary is little.
you will most certainly need to share a apparentment if ur single. and it will be on the low end of town.

u will survive. but it will be on the bare mininum.
FAKESPIKE

Dec 14, 2004
I'm definitely NOT that much blond not to know that Dubai and Sharjah are separate emirates:), but it's not such a big deal to spend 20 mins by commuting. The question is, if i pay cca 120 bucks for the accommodation (room sharing), is the rest of the money OK? To buy food and go out from time to time ....?
1Annie1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 14, 2004
yea it will be fine you will survive like i said.
i knwo of ppl who take much less and surviving.
FAKESPIKE

Dec 15, 2004
I agree, That will only have you barely survive. Shared accomodation will be a must. If you do come here I suggest you work out a "probation period" with your employer and also see if you can locally find any other offers. Even basic secreterial/administrative work you could get at least a couple hundred more.

My two fils..

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Dec 15, 2004
Annie dont take it! Try to look for something else ok? Good luck! Cos there is not much point of busting ur a$$ for just 700DHS. Plus as you said that you made more so I think you should look for something better. Good luck
monalisa
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 15, 2004
its 700 dollars not dirhams.
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Dec 15, 2004
dollers.

yep it's ok but try to look for something better.

Dec 15, 2004
Well, thanks a lot for your comments. The problem is that I'm not in UAE yet, and I was thinking that it's much easier if I come to Dubai when my job is already arranged instead of going there and look for a job which would cost me much more, I guess. This guy offered me this job, not well paid but he would also be my sponsor and all that stuff. I know I could look for something else when already there, but he said that he'd like me to work for him at least the whole year and then he has to give me an approvement if I wanna change the job:))) Damn, I didn't expect it'd be that difficult.
1Annie1
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 15, 2004
Nothing is easy anywhere and everywhere. The people who gets higher and bigger things in life are the ones who are risk takers. Who are not intimidated by obstacles, focused and decisive on what they want to get no matter what.

I understand If you want to make things easier for you as possible before you get here, upfront its what everyone would do.

But if you feel that you are worth more than that, then means you are more capable of doing more things. Thus, better to struggle a better offer than settle for something you feel fall short of your expectattions.
leila
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat