Advice Re Boat To India From Dubai?

Topic locked
undefined Feb 05, 2014
Hi all, I would also be interested to know if this is all still possible. Thanks

Alexeye
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Feb 07, 2014
herve , is this possible in August during monsoon season? I hope it is, just more 'bumpy' towards India. I'm cycling from London to New Delhi and would like to avoid Pakistan this way. Dhow ride from Dubai to Bombay seems like an amazing experience. Hope you're still on this forum or maybe someone else knows. Please drop a line here. Will be much appreciates. Thanks
http://lauzis-ontheroad.tumblr.com
Lauzis
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Feb 07, 2016
Hi everyone, my brother and I are in Dubai now trying to find a ship to India. Like many others here, we are travelling around the world without aeroplanes.
The problem is that nobody in Dubai seems to actually know what is going on with the ports. We have been to five different ports and wharfages in Dubai, not including the ones we visited in Sharjah and Ajman, and nobody can tell us categorically whether there are ships/dhows/launches to India, and where they would be anchored.
Does anyone know? These days all the launches in the Creek are going to Iran or Somalia. There is a new wharfage down by the Hyatt, but we can't get in there without going through a long security process, and nobody can give us a straight answer on whether there are actually any vessels in there headed for India (some useless bureaucrat offhandedly told us February is the wrong season for boats to India).
We know there are big cargo liners headed India way from Jebel Ali port, but the big companies aren't usually willing to take on passengers.
Anyone with genuine knowledge? We've already done a lot of footwork based on people's speculation.
Thanks,
Jamie
jamiesmall
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat